Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

V00k0n

Please help!!! My project is under major delay due to an mini split issue. I purchased a daikin that didn't come with an auto setting. Does this mean I should leave my mini split running with desired temp set or is there a power relay I can use to plug to a controller? I cant have it on 24/7 as my power bill would be crazy. Need help soon looking forward to hearing from someone!!!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Please help!!! My project is under major delay due to an mini split issue. I purchased a daikin that didn't come with an auto setting. Does this mean I should leave my mini split running with desired temp set or is there a power relay I can use to plug to a controller? I cant have it on 24/7 as my power bill would be crazy. Need help soon looking forward to hearing from someone!!!
why cant you plug it to your controller to have it shut it off and on? Is it because it pulls to many amps? Is it 220? They do make some things for a sit like that... They also make a plug that is a thermostat too, to control it...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

It will only run when the temp is too hot in room. Auto setting is for a single temp to control heat and cool. You set it in cool and set a temp. It will start and stop as needed.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
"so how did your project turn out?"

Still working on it, lol. Using aluminum back insulation board. Putting ac unit on small stand so it lines up with window. That way there will only be a run of about 16 inches.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

"so how did your project turn out?"

Still working on it, lol. Using aluminum back insulation board. Putting ac unit on small stand so it lines up with window. That way there will only be a run of about 16 inches.
sounds good!

V

V00k0n

why cant you plug it to your controller to have it shut it off and on? Is it because it pulls to many amps? Is it 220? They do make some things for a sit like that... They also make a plug that is a thermostat too, to control it...

Its powered directly to circuit breaker. 220v is correct. How do I find this plug? Thanks for replying btw

V

V00k0n

It will only run when the temp is too hot in room. Auto setting is for a single temp to control heat and cool. You set it in cool and set a temp. It will start and stop as needed.

It's my first sealed room attempt and I was under the impression that when the indoor unit is running my c02 shouldn't be? That's why I want to control it automatically since there isnt an auto option for my mini split. All has is a timer option. Am I wrong?
Thanks for replying

V

V00k0n

Its powered directly to circuit breaker. 220v is correct. How do I find this plug? Thanks for replying btw

I actually purchased a thermostat from daikin and still not auto setting lol wasted 300 bucks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I actually purchased a thermostat from daikin and still not auto setting lol wasted 300 bucks

I will say this again you DON'T need an auto setting. Set it on cool and set your temperature and it will work great. No additional controller or stat needed. The auto setting would not help you. You have to have your a/c running while lights are on and that's when you use CO2. So you have gotten some bad info some where or u misunderstood something. Either way you're wrong. I am a HVAC tech and have been doing grow rooms for 7 plus years now. Even if you had a auto setting the a/c unit could and would still run when it needed to cool the room which is mostly when the lights and CO2 are on.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's my first sealed room attempt and I was under the impression that when the indoor unit is running my c02 shouldn't be? That's why I want to control it automatically since there isnt an auto option for my mini split. All has is a timer option. Am I wrong?
Thanks for replying
well u would want it running with lights on, which is when u use c02... Maybe i misunderstood what u just said.

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Hey John. May I pick your brain as well. I got this new mini split gifted to me years by a friend and I know nothing about it. It is a sharp brand. It has all writing in Japanese. The only word I understand is sharp. Lol. Do you know what size unit this could be from these pics? Also do u know about how much it is to install. Another question is will I be able to figure out how to work this thing since it is not English. Thanks for your help.

IMG 1503
IMG 1504
IMG 1505
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John. May I pick your brain as well. I got this new mini split gifted to me years by a friend and I know nothing about it. It is a sharp brand. It has all writing in Japanese. The only word I understand is sharp. Lol. Do you know what size unit this could be from these pics? Also do u know about how much it is to install. Another question is will I be able to figure out how to work this thing since it is not English. Thanks for your help.

Can't tell anything from the pics. Is there a name plate on it?

D

dude619

Hello everyone this is my first post. I can really use some cooling advice. I'm in socal somewhat coastal
My set up
Two 12x12 bedrooms side by side.
One is used for veg with 4'x6' grow area running two sun system lec 315's
Other room runs 4 air cooled 8" magnums 1000's and 4 solis tek digital ballasts. Up to this point I have only ran two of the lights in flower and am going to need to start running the other two very soon. I am running a can 150 carbon filter in the room with a 14" max fan on top then splitting into two 8" ducts running through two lights each then exhausting outside.
For intake I have an 8"filtered duct going into each room in closet with doors removed. The air is being pulled from the garage. I don't have any fans in the ducts. There is also an 8"duct connecting the rooms which exhaust into a wall mounted fan opposite side of the room of the exhaust fan.

Current temps are fine below 80 in the flower room and maxing about 82 in veg room. Although it has not gotten very hot outside yet.

I've really been wanting to get a whole house ac and already have ducting for 3ton central heat.
Is there anyway a whole house ac works in this set up? Should I just get a mini split and house ac separate? Pros and cons?
What is a good quality and efficient minisplit for this set up? I'm thinking 18,000 btus.
The exhaust cfm is about 1200 which mean I'm dumping the room air about every minute. How does this come into play when trying to cool a room? Where is the best place to put the minisplit? My exhaust fan is close to the door. I'm guessing opposite the exhaust fan. Would a cassette type work well here?
I have a 220v 20 amp power source ready for a split system.

Any help would be appreciated and passed on. Thank you.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello everyone this is my first post. I can really use some cooling advice. I'm in socal somewhat coastal
My set up
Two 12x12 bedrooms side by side.
One is used for veg with 4'x6' grow area running two sun system lec 315's
Other room runs 4 air cooled 8" magnums 1000's and 4 solis tek digital ballasts. Up to this point I have only ran two of the lights in flower and am going to need to start running the other two very soon. I am running a can 150 carbon filter in the room with a 14" max fan on top then splitting into two 8" ducts running through two lights each then exhausting outside.
For intake I have an 8"filtered duct going into each room in closet with doors removed. The air is being pulled from the garage. I don't have any fans in the ducts. There is also an 8"duct connecting the rooms which exhaust into a wall mounted fan opposite side of the room of the exhaust fan.

Current temps are fine below 80 in the flower room and maxing about 82 in veg room. Although it has not gotten very hot outside yet.

I've really been wanting to get a whole house ac and already have ducting for 3ton central heat.
Is there anyway a whole house ac works in this set up? Should I just get a mini split and house ac separate? Pros and cons?
What is a good quality and efficient minisplit for this set up? I'm thinking 18,000 btus.
The exhaust cfm is about 1200 which mean I'm dumping the room air about every minute. How does this come into play when trying to cool a room? Where is the best place to put the minisplit? My exhaust fan is close to the door. I'm guessing opposite the exhaust fan. Would a cassette type work well here?
I have a 220v 20 amp power source ready for a split system.

Any help would be appreciated and passed on. Thank you.

Seal the room except air cooling the lights. You can't ac a room with that much exhaust. Do a mini split. If you use central ac the rest of the house will be very cold. Plus 1/2 of a 3 ton unit is needed for your flower. 18k mini split is way to go. Go with Mitsubishi

D

dude619

Seal the room except air cooling the lights. You can't ac a room with that much exhaust. Do a mini split. If you use central ac the rest of the house will be very cold. Plus 1/2 of a 3 ton unit is needed for your flower. 18k mini split is way to go. Go with Mitsubishi

Thanks for the advice. If i seal the room I need to run co2 correct?
Can you link the model and bet place to buy it.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi john. any idea how noisy the opticlimate 3 pro 10000, non split, water cooled system could be ? I want to install it in a totally sealed room above a bedroom with half inch plasterboard 6 inch concrete and 22mm timber floor in between. I cannot afford the bedroom downstairs to hear any noises from the machine.
Never heard of it.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hmmm it has been around for a while maybe only the Europeans and the Chinese use it.

it is a Water Cooled Air conditioning system that recirculates the grow room air and humidifies with built in carbon filter, and also uses a dimlux maxi controller to control the dimlux extreme dimming lights , dimlux co2 dispenser, and humidity controller and ozone generator, the room can be completely sealed from the outside world, there are 6 lamp and 24 lamp versions available they can also be doubled up or back to back rooms using a plenum box cooling one heating the other, it uses between 3 and 6 litres of water a minute to cool and needs a drain for run off, it comes as standard with leak detector and water shut off valve, and remote control etc.
there are many extras available and spare parts are available too.
it does not need any outside air supply whatsoever.
but before I buy one I want to know how noisy it is, it seems like a million dollar question because no-one seems to know.
see if you can help me find out buddy surely some American growers must use these.

https://ghedirect.co.uk/docs/data-sheets/opticlimate/user-manual-opticlimate-pro3-b-eng.pdf

happy growing and thanks for the reply :)

That's a lot of wasted water. That's why I've dont know any one who uses them. I've actually heard of them . I think the unit has way too many bells and whistles. If that unit goes down so does your whole room.

Top Bottom