Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghost79

ghost79

I would discharge into attic and carbon scrub your attic. Or better yet get a two hose portable a/c
What's a "2 hose" por. a/c? and why would this be better, wouldn't I still have to discharge it into the attic and scrub it w/ a carbon filter/scrubber? what's the benefits of a "2 hose" a/c?

HighLife 45

HighLife 45

Hey John, would love your advice on a situation.

I want to cool a 12k bare bulb flip flop with the least amount of amperage possible.
I was considering a rheem 4 ton
@45 amps
And a two zone 2 ton minisplit
@20 amps.

I want to alternate the cooling of the 4 ton between each room, and use 1 of the indoor mini spli units in each room.
Gettogro did this with two condensers.. would it be easier to use motorized dampers?

Each room is about 12x20x7.5' very well insulated and built inside an insulated shop. The shop is located in the PNW and its very rainy most of the year along with being shaded by trees.

I would have you come out but I figure Portland area is a bit far for you. ;)

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

What's a "2 hose" por. a/c? and why would this be better, wouldn't I still have to discharge it into the attic and scrub it w/ a carbon filter/scrubber? what's the benefits of a "2 hose" a/c?

2 hose setup draws air for condenser from outside the room as does the discharge air.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John, would love your advice on a situation.

I want to cool a 12k bare bulb flip flop with the least amount of amperage possible.
I was considering a rheem 4 ton
@45 amps
And a two zone 2 ton minisplit
@20 amps.

I want to alternate the cooling of the 4 ton between each room, and use 1 of the indoor mini spli units in each room.
Gettogro did this with two condensers.. would it be easier to use motorized dampers?

Each room is about 12x20x7.5' very well insulated and built inside an insulated shop. The shop is located in the PNW and its very rainy most of the year along with being shaded by trees.

I would have you come out but I figure Portland area is a bit far for you. ;)

So you what to flip flop 2 rooms with 1 four ton a/c for lights on and a separate 2 ton unit for off cycle? I could travel that far but maybe too expensive for you

G

Gromedibud

CJ,
I'm setting up a well insulated 9k grow with air cooled hoods. I am thinking a 3-4 ton central air unit with the air handler right in the room is the best and most cost effective. Is there a specific brand you recommend? I also came across packaged a/c and was wondering if they had alot or any air exchange , and are they a good option? I do not have a good ac guy in my area and anything I could do on my own would be better.
Thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

CJ,
I'm setting up a well insulated 9k grow with air cooled hoods. I am thinking a 3-4 ton central air unit with the air handler right in the room is the best and most cost effective. Is there a specific brand you recommend? I also came across packaged a/c and was wondering if they had alot or any air exchange , and are they a good option? I do not have a good ac guy in my area and anything I could do on my own would be better.
Thanks

3 ton should be good. You could go with a Mitsubishi mini split. It is more efficient than central a/c. If you stay with central a/c go with Luxaire (York's residential brand).

G

Gromedibud

Thanks CJ. Now what about those package units. I like the fact they are plug and play, but air exchange is a concern. Are the package units sealed pretty good or would they let alot of unwanted leaks of co2 and odor.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks CJ. Now what about those package units. I like the fact they are plug and play, but air exchange is a concern. Are the package units sealed pretty good or would they let alot of unwanted leaks of co2 and odor.

Smell will get out with a package unit. I recommend that any air handler used is placed in room.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Hey John I was running a Frostbox 2 ton mini split in a 4k and the thing took a shit on me. It never worked right from day one and now the company is defunct...I wonder why? At least the unit was free! Now I'm looking for a new unit.

The room is sealed, 9'x14' and I'm running (4) 1000's non air cooled. Would you recommend a 2 ton, 2.5 ton or 3 ton for this set up? I was looking at the 2 ton Fujitsu without heating but I'm thinking that going up 1/2 ton might be a good move. What do you think?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John I was running a Frostbox 2 ton mini split in a 4k and the thing took a shit on me. It never worked right from day one and now the company is defunct...I wonder why? At least the unit was free! Now I'm looking for a new unit.

The room is sealed, 9'x14' and I'm running (4) 1000's non air cooled. Would you recommend a 2 ton, 2.5 ton or 3 ton for this set up? I was looking at the 2 ton Fujitsu without heating but I'm thinking that going up 1/2 ton might be a good move. What do you think?

2 ton should be fine if your room is built well with decent insulation. Where are you getting a Fujitsu? Don't buy it online because Fujistu doesn't warranty anything bought online. Just a warning. Mitsubishi is just as good, and has same warranty. It can be bought online.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Ok great. I'm getting the unit in town so I should be good.

Thanks

D

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I'm running 2000 watts non air cooled with a small dehuey in Southbay. What size window ac should I get?

Ps my room is 10 x 12 also I'm running old school ballasts in the room.

Thx

N

norm

hey john another Q for ya if your around

had an hvac guy braze and charge my lineset on my new Ac and it seemed to work fine for a week or so but now my condenser seems to have gotten a noisy ringing type sound, most likely coming from the compressor IME. the research ive done points to it being overfilled.

Im in a northern state and the temps have been around 15 degrees out. Is it possible that he got a false reading from the gauges while he was charging them due to it being so cold out?

is it possible that it would work fine for about a week, and then as temps rose into the 40s and 50s lately and it needed to work harder that it would sound worse?

other than putting the juice in a bucket of hot water while charging, do you have any other tips for getting the proper freon chage in a cold climate?

Its a goodman DSXC180361, 3 ton split unit.I bought it from acwholsalers dotcom as a complete system, its the 19 seer unit on their site

thanks for the help

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hey john another Q for ya if your around

had an hvac guy braze and charge my lineset on my new Ac and it seemed to work fine for a week or so but now my condenser seems to have gotten a noisy ringing type sound, most likely coming from the compressor IME. the research ive done points to it being overfilled.

Im in a northern state and the temps have been around 15 degrees out. Is it possible that he got a false reading from the gauges while he was charging them due to it being so cold out?

is it possible that it would work fine for about a week, and then as temps rose into the 40s and 50s lately and it needed to work harder that it would sound worse?

other than putting the juice in a bucket of hot water while charging, do you have any other tips for getting the proper freon chage in a cold climate?

Its a goodman DSXC180361, 3 ton split unit.I bought it from acwholsalers dotcom as a complete system, its the 19 seer unit on their site

thanks for the help

Most manufacture's won't let you charge it up in that low of temps. Most likely it is overcharged.

N

norm

i bled some out via the schrader valve, and some came out and then nothing else would come, normal?

Olyver

Olyver

Don't forget how you pplace your ductwork and openings for the cool air. Just blowing cold air in at one central location and letting fans circulate is not 100%, lengths of 6" to 12" ductork all mounted and laid out to best cool the entire room.

Top Bottom