Grower's unwritten rules

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sea Of Green

JUST GROW IT

I seen that on a t-shirt a fellow grower was wearing years ago. It was styled just like the ones with a similar Nike slogan, but with a "swoosh" shaped bud below the phrase. Didn't help his argument to be wearing that same shirt as he opened the door when the cops had showed up to investigate his "suspected" illegal grow.

Anyhow, I'd call it an unwritten rule. Unwritten rule #1 in my "book".

S

Sea Of Green

Wait, I just thought of another unwritten rule of mine.

NO CARPET

Whatever surface you set your pots on when growing indoors, it must NEVER be on carpet. Only set them on HARD surfaces that are resistant to any water that may drain from said pots. Something below the pot to catch drainage water must do so without letting the pot stand in said drainage water, AND have no carpet below it either. NO CARPET. CARPET BAD. Said drainage water should also be immediately removed from the grow room, to reduce humidity from it's evaporation, whenever possible.

This will prevent a majority of the potential water damage to property. As well as being much cleaner, and easier to clean.

These conditions are all required for achieving an optimal indoor growing environment.

Cleanliness is next to godliness in the grow room.

The HC

The HC

I worked at Kirby (did training and one day on the job) and I will never get carpet ever. Shit is disgusting. I bet grow houses with carpet have more PM issues and way, way more bugs.

I'll also make sure next time that I don't waste my time on bullshit like that. How about not telling people they'll be working over 12 hour shifts and going door to door non stop in well over 100 degree weather. I thought I'd just be showing people how the thing works and almost passed out and got really sick from dehydration.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Lol, I had a buddy who worked for Kirby when I lived in Ventura. He told me almost every mother******* ended up buying a vacuum after they demo'd the vacuum either on their kids bed, their bed, or their carpet, lol. I hate thinking about that now....

qupee

qupee

Lol, I had a buddy who worked for Kirby when I lived in Ventura. He told me almost every mother******* ended up buying a vacuum after they demo'd the vacuum either on their kids bed, their bed, or their carpet, lol. I hate thinking about that now....

lol I have a buddy that sold Kirby's too.

Matresses are nasty, full of crap after years of laying on them for 1/3 of the day and most never clean them.

But Kirby's are a good vacuum too.

Of course, most of those Kirby folks are straight crack heads. Or, more accurately, meth heads and ron junkies. Bad crowd, including my buddy.

The HC

The HC

My Team Leader claimed that he was California's #1 grower.

Earlier that day he was talking about his apartment, and he was from Martinez. Cheap somewhat-industrial city of 30,000 that has seen better days with a huge amount of meth. Huge amount of meth.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
some one went digging to find this thread, wow how it went way off coarse, lmao i had helped in that....... sorry

St3ve

St3ve

That sucks JK, I would have been pissed also. (remind of the girl that told me she had herpes AFTER the fact :animal0012:)

My advice is also, NEVER TELL ANYONE! The friend that got me into growing got busted hard and is currently servering.. because his woman couldn't keep her mouth shut. I only have one partner, my wife. She has as much to lose as me and she still ran her mouth off and told two other couples for no reason. Jeez :sign0065:

soserthc1

soserthc1

rule 1- happen to me and it was my own dumb fault, I only know one grower and he got me started well i am a clean fanantic, had three grows without a sign of any pest, did have a little pm in one jar by not drying enough but caught it in time and cut the pm out of the few buds. Well back to my story I pay a visit to my boys garden and i see this sticky pads all over the place with mites all over them, i was fairly new at this at the time and like i said never had any bug issues - So i say dude what is up with all the bugs and he is like well its a garage and i really cant do anything about it, ok well i notice that there is dust galore all over and his closet seems like it never seen a bottle of bleach in its life..... well a few weeks later i wanna pollenate a plant and he tells me i got this nice little cabinet you can have fits two plants perfectly. So i say sweet bring it over (MISTAKE) after cabinet comes i notice mites and i'm like WTF took over a month to finally get rid of them bastards...... his fault or mine ?

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Don't ask for cuts, if I want you to have one i will give ya one

Tex

those who ask don't recieve. I've never asked for a single cut I received, and all those who ask are the last people I would ever give anything to.

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

From a Newbie- Thanks for the advice. I knew about Don't Tell Anyone rule and figured the don't show fell into the same place.

I figure peeps can see when it's harvested and ready to smoke. And then they don't need to know where it came from... I am not out to impress anyone- i don't give a damn... LOL That is as long as i have mine...

B

Buddy Hemphill

rule 1- happen to me and it was my own dumb fault, I only know one grower and he got me started well i am a clean fanantic, had three grows without a sign of any pest, did have a little pm in one jar by not drying enough but caught it in time and cut the pm out of the few buds. Well back to my story I pay a visit to my boys garden and i see this sticky pads all over the place with mites all over them, i was fairly new at this at the time and like i said never had any bug issues - So i say dude what is up with all the bugs and he is like well its a garage and i really cant do anything about it, ok well i notice that there is dust galore all over and his closet seems like it never seen a bottle of bleach in its life..... well a few weeks later i wanna pollenate a plant and he tells me i got this nice little cabinet you can have fits two plants perfectly. So i say sweet bring it over (MISTAKE) after cabinet comes i notice mites and i'm like WTF took over a month to finally get rid of them bastards...... his fault or mine ?

Yours.

EVERYTHING that goes into your grow is your responsibility.

S

sk2004

While we are at it, IMO, growers should b an exclusive club. Nothin good happens when stoners get involved w a grow. Just my experience so far, which isn't much

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
While we are at it, IMO, growers should b an exclusive club. Nothin good happens when stoners get involved w a grow. Just my experience so far, which isn't much

so your saying that stoners cant grow good weed huh?

I guess only people looking to make money can grow good weed

(since thats the onle reason somebody who dont smoke would be growing)

S

sk2004

so your saying that stoners cant grow good weed huh?

I guess only people looking to make money can grow good weed

(since thats the onle reason somebody who dont smoke would be growing)

Not that at all, should have used the term non-growing smokers. Didn't grow anything good until got first hand experience. As far as motivation, someone i love has a disabilating disease disease n only one thing makes them feel better n u get tired of waiting for some guy u met at a bar to come through with some stuff have no idea where it came from or how many people may have gotten harmed just to not throw up for a while. Fuck that.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol - just checking - lots of stoners here

Latest posts

Top Bottom