Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DapperDon

DapperDon

my question is HOW do you acquire 'Charlotte's Web' or other Low THC Cannabis as a legit business?

I know how but not legally.

will there be a requirement to document how one acquired a plant or its seeds that is illegal to transport across state lines?
This is one of the best questions I have heard yet on the subject.

The way I feel this will go down is that there will be a TON of fantasy land/ wish upon a star requirements that the State may want for all of this. However in reality, Florida has never been able to get out of its own way of anything. So what I see is that they will want all of the control and all of the revenue but no ability to execute which will in turn cause a landslide of lawsuits against the State due to patients not having access within a reasonable amount of time (6 months I believe from the time it is signed into law.) that will force the State to allow for personal limited cultivation. The big thing here is that most people need to get through their heads is that this is NOT a blank check for everyone with a grow light to grow legally or double dip if you can. My hunch is that the majority of dumbasses will try and test that system and fuck it up for everyone. After this past week of visiting and meeting with growers and Disp. owners I can assure you the State is all up in your shit and has no intention of turning their back on anyone about this especially since the Fed had allowed banks to do weed business today. This is a money game boys and girls and the moment we all realize this the better. The name of the game is for Florida to take over the MMJ market once it is approved to cross state lines.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I havent heard anything new on feds allowing them to bank legally since something was said in feb. checking weedmaps only a hand full take cc out of hundreds of clubs. Id never trust the gov right now until laws were re written . putting it all in the bank just gives them easy access to seize it all. I get what your saying DapperDon. but other than fla having some good weather I dont see them being the best spot for federal production. Ive grown from key west to jax area and every spot has its draw backs. indoor green houses can survive anywhere. plus think of how expensive insurance is here already for storms and hurricanes. idk what will happen. Ive been in this state long enough to know our law makers will fuck it up somehows. just not sure to what degree .

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

the other issue probably not thought about by many other than existing farmers is will Cannabis be a crop covered in crop insurance here as law's are enacted or will there be a delay?

there are many more issues that concern me but nothing that can not be overcome.

DapperDon,

I too think Fl will be the producer state as a federal regulated industry is established due to the year round favorable climate and the 30yr provision is a gift to Fl Ag........a nice in state monopoly that if done right may turn into a replacement for the financial loss of a dead citrus industry.

DapperDon

DapperDon

the other issue probably not thought about by many other than existing farmers is will Cannabis be a crop covered in crop insurance here as law's are enacted or will there be a delay?

there are many more issues that concern me but nothing that can not be overcome.

DapperDon,

I too think Fl will be the producer state as a federal regulated industry is established due to the year round favorable climate and the 30yr provision is a gift to Fl Ag........a nice in state monopoly that if done right may turn into a replacement for the financial loss of a dead citrus industry.

I could not agree with you more SSH. It will take some time to see what direction they go in, but I do see that they will not get their systems in place before they allow for small home cultivation #'s.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

as I was reading the full text of sb 1030 it hit me that we may not see any qualifying nursery's apply to cultivate / dispense Cannabis while it remains a Schedule I controlled substance. why risk everything they have worked for when the DEA can seize all assets, especially since a decent amount of capital will be needed to safely cultivate, harvest, extract, QC test, package and dispense Low THC Cannabis.

come on Amendment 2

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Until feds re write laws they won't. Was looking over fed guidline other day. Don't remember the plant count but do remember if a business/person grosses 20 million or more within 12 month period they could be sentenced to death.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500. Subsequent convictions carry a 90-day mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of up to three years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Distribution of a small amount of marijuana, for no remuneration, is treated as possession. Manufacture or distribution of less than 50 plants or 50 kilograms of marijuana is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. For 50-99 plants or 50-99 kilograms the penalty increases not more than 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million if an individual, $5 million if other than an individual for the first offense. Manufacture or distribution of 100-999 plants or 100-999 kilograms carries a penalty of 5 - 40 years in prison and a fine of $2-$5 Million. For 1000 plants or 1000 kilograms or more, the penalty increases to 10 years - life in prison and a fine of $4-$10 Million.

Distribution of greater than 5 grams of marijuana to a minor under the age of 21 doubles the possible penalties. Distribution within 1,000 feet of a school, playground, public housing or within 100 feet of a youth center, public pool or video arcade also doubles the possible penalties.

The sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to three years in prison.

The sentence of death can be carried out on a defendant who has been found guilty of manufacturing, importing or distributing a controlled substance if the act was committed as part of a continuing criminal enterprise – but only if the defendant is (1) the principal administrator, organizer, or leader of the enterprise or is one of several such principal administrators, organizers, or leaders, and (2) the quantity of the controlled substance is 60,000 kilograms or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of marijuana, or 60,000 or more marijuana plants, or the if the enterprise received more than $20 million in gross receipts during any 12-month period of its existence

DonKnots

DonKnots

Man gotta get us on a fresh new page....cant look at those laws anymore, there making my nerves bad ;0 No offense canna

DonKnots

DonKnots

Got some new goodies in the mail today:

Bodhi Chem3xAppy
Bodhi Skylotus
Bodhi Blueberry Hill (freebie, full pack....not bad!)
Bodhi Golden Triangle ;0
Bodhi Goji OG
Bodhi Larry Lotus
Archive Rudeboi (Irene x Faceoff OG)

Twisted Pleasur, do you still have your Black Triangle? Thats the only one i cant find, have Golden and Love.

DonKnots

DonKnots

Watching the grass grow....nothing exciting at the moment. Hope Strive fixes the delorean sometime soon so i can skip 3 or so weeks.

Im hoping so......now i just need to find some space.

DonKnots

DonKnots

Anyone know what loompa's "miami white" is? Im guessing its not just the white renamed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Btw, the shit that went down on the previous page.. gentlemen, it's one thing to debate each other, it's another to tell each other to fuck off. I'm leaving it as is, for now. Let's *not* do that again, ok?
Anyone know what loompa's "miami white" is? Im guessing its not just the white renamed.
its the white
Did he give it a smell at least?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
keep em in check seamaiden. I prefer my namaste the fuck away from me's in private.

Loompa changed the name to not get the white confused with white widow. which was retarded imo cause Miami is known for running a certain cut of white widow. the white is from central fl. It makes my head spin sometimes with all these debates and people adding names to shit. 25 years in this game and I always referred to the genes for what they are. not adding my twist on shit or even my name. the game is becoming a clusterfuck.

Hey Hey I wanna Be a Pot Star.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too! I knew The White came from the dirty South, but not much else to be honest. And I get *so* confused by the naming of strains, for example Loran's Longbottom Leaf being named at least one other name. Why...? I don't know, but it's confusing. Then again, I couldn't really keep track of my horses' pedigrees when I was a kid, I just looked at the horse.

Wanna smoke a doobie of some Longbottom Leaf I got from the Man himself with me...? ~~=== :D

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Ive been blessed to have run Both The white and Triangle Kush and can call both Krome and Ricky friends in the real world. I stepped out the game for a few years and damn if my head isnt spinning now that I stepped back. Im getting old. end rant. Thanks seamaiden. Ill hit that. I didnt say it before but really am glad to see you posting here when I joined. we been a around for a min havent we? cant believe ive been on the boards since 01

Top Bottom