Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

...ssh I tried a water treatment company looking for carbon for a new water filter i'm trying to patent lol, the guy was going to give me a cubic ft for $40 but wasn't in his office when I went by,i wish he was, $40 would've been so much better

:D

sometimes you need to satisfy their curiosity w/o having to answer unneeded questions and r&d work for a patent works well.

peace

Strive

Strive

yeah he sure went from "wtf do you want that for" to "oh, ok, I can give you this much for this much" hahaha. unless I just don't have the cash that's my last time refilling a filter though, too much risk and worry that i'd much rather throw a couple hundred to not have to wonder if I did a good enough job.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

lol, yup, a case of JOBS. I buy them online and its cheaper in bulk.

i think your set on papers for a mo. or 2.

i had a case of thin rice papers from CHILLS yrs ago that i gave to my step dad and it lasted him a while. it was left over schwag from a concert......shit artist didnt want so i put it to use, that and 5 bongs and a few glass pipes.

maybe i should order a case of papers for my step dad b/c the store bought ones have fewer papers in them.

peace

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

yeah he sure went from "wtf do you want that for" to "oh, ok, I can give you this much for this much" hahaha. unless I just don't have the cash that's my last time refilling a filter though, too much risk and worry that i'd much rather throw a couple hundred to not have to wonder if I did a good enough job.

i buy the finer granular carbon so it packs tight like sand.....just not as fine as sand.

i understand what you mean w/pay more for a better packed filter but i know too much on what motivates companies..........profit. im to skeptical to trust the claims of how well xyz brand is at scrubbing smells....just like the claims made by the nute companies.

currently the more expensive filters have better quality control over the packing and type of carbon used but as the cost of raw materials increases, fule expenses increase and labor cost increase companies will be faced w/less profits or a compromise between raising the retail price or cut somewhere that effects the quality of the end product.

why do the quality filter companies sell filters that are not designed to be re-packed w/carbon? they make more $$$ selling a new disposable filter every 18mo or so. i know its not much overall to buy new but for me its about rejecting the US consumer/disposable mentality as well as reducing trips/orders to buy grow equipment.

Puscifer

Puscifer

Strive, glad you got he smell under control! That ecsd blew me away in the stink department.
SSH, I remember the "chills", the little alien head on the package.
Drifting13, once i find anything worth flower I will be putting up a diary. So far so good, the seeds were dropped into water yesterday and so far two of them germed. :happy:

Puscifer

Puscifer

Quick question for you guys/gals, anybody using MaxiGro? (Not the pink Maxibloom!)
I have an unopen bag thats using up shelf space so i'd like to use it in a few WaterFarms i have laying around. (I use waterfarms when i need to grow out some moms quickly)
Looking for dosage per gallon. Also, any supplementation needed, such as cal/mag? Thanks in advance.

GSizzle

GSizzle

Good to see you fellas still making things happen. Hey Pus are those beans fems? Dont under estimate that ECSD lol. The smell will fool you at times. Seem she gets louder when you put distance between you and the plant. Especially around week 7. Shit will have the entire block lit up if you are not careful lmao. Please dont put a price on security hate to see anything happen to you guys.

Strive

Strive

I've used maxigro, I have a bag around too, though it's a couple years old. I used it for a while at a tsp per gallon, same as the bloom and it always worked fine for me in coco.

g, you're dead on, she smells like a dieselly/turpentine lemon when you rub her but step back or have a smell leak and it's rank dirty sweaty mildewy and strong too, that's what I smell anyway, granted my sense of smell is kind of jacked up from years of spraying foam & xylene. I went in fully aware of what was coming,was planning on a new filter and decided to move while I could instead. luckily I caught it before someone else did.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

Puscifer,

ive only added a small ammt of maxi grow to help green them up a bit.

~1/4 tsp maxi grow + ~3/4 tsp mb per gal / tap. i was unsure how the girls would react so i kept the total nutes to 1 tsp / gal between mg / mb. i have not tried increasing the mg over 1/4 tsp.

i used to know a few people who worked at chills so i never had to pay for smoke paraph. but now all i have is 1 pipe and a big ass heavy pyrex bong left from the chills days and a lot of clouded memories.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

im not up for un-needed risk regarding a sub par diy carbon filter but its my product development / inventive side that pushes me to make a better product but i need to start w/the best filter and then see where improvements can be made so what are the best filters on the mkt?

peace

Strive

Strive

phresh was what I came up with, seems to be top quality. it's not the extra work packing it so much as the worry that I didn't pack it well enough. plus looking at my brand new ceiling fan today, covered in carbon dust, i'm definitely done repacking. you can get a phresh 550 cfm 6"x24" for around $175

Strive

Strive

I was told they last up to 2 years unless you run mega stank strains,then about 6 months to be safe, still cost effective imo.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

well its not rocket science packing my own as its all about ensuring there is no air gap and w/the fine granular carbon i buy it packs no prob.

6 mo duration is no good. ill have to go back thru some research material on industrial carbon scrubbers to see how long the life span is w/those units. the small ones used a 55 gal metal drum to contain the carbon and larger units measure carbon in tonnes.

peace

Strive

Strive

i'm just a worrier I guess but i'd be happy with a couple hundred evry 6 months to worry less. as bad as my back is getting anything I can do to reduce the workload is a positive. not that there is much of a workload but my back feels every second of what there is anymore.
on a sidenote, the cookies is starting to smell spectacular, I expected to be disappointed with it but i'm starting to get excited

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

lifting heavy carbon filters is not an easy 1 person job but look at the below marine product used on sail boats.

Cam Cleet --
7498.jpg

http://www.apsltd.com/c-307-cam-cleats-accessories.aspx

if you can find a way to mount these they will allow ez raise/lower of heavy loads and since they are designed to preform under a constant load they would work well for big ass carbon filters or multiple lights that need to stay at the same height.

a local westmarine store will have these on their shelf.

Strive

Strive

nice ssh, i might have to pick up a few of those. I can still lift the filters, just the bending over for extended periods and all with the usual tasks involved. the social security doctors said no lifting over 10 lbs and a bunch of other shit. I usually keep a computer chair or work stool in there so I can wheel around but this new room is too small for that so more bending.

pus, i'm not sure what all is entailed in sealing a room but i'd think i could but for lack of equipment. the room is like 10'8"x8'8" and an 8' ceiling if that makes a difference. it'd probably be next year before i could afford a minisplit, regulator & dehuey not to mention a bigger light

Top Bottom