Growin & Smokin in Florida

• Thread starter Ghostwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

Drift,

I clone in 2" rw cubes and use un ph'd tap h20 that has been bubbling 24 hr min.........ive never used an aero cloner but I can smell bleach in my tap h20 prior to bubbling it and when temps are low all my clones take ~7d longer to root.

DonKnots

DonKnots

Damn Striv3 you arent playing around with the bleach @ .5ml a gal! Get them bitches showing white one way or the other. I may need to step my game up....i only use that much in about 7-10 gals.

Drift i usually leave my ph a little higher in the cloner, around 6-6.5, not sure how much it matters though. Honestly the last couple times i ran it i never even checked it after i first set it on initial fillup.

I dont really think temps matter too much when using the bleach. I keep mine in the 70s, probably avg 75. I think they take longer if its in the 60's/colder.

Never tried to root bubba in there yet though, my buddy always complains how hard it is to root her clones but i have never had issue with her yet in peat pods. We tend to have opposite results in a lot of different things. Its kinda funny.

B

BudCandy420

I threw out my cloner a year or two ago. I just clone straight into the soil. I seems to work best for me.

Drifting13

Drifting13

bleach? I use it at .5ml per gallon. sounds insanely questionable but my success rate went through the roof and stayed there once I started using it
You asked:
0.5ml equals how many tsp
  • 0.101442068 teaspoons
    the volume 0.101442068 teaspoons
Is 1/10 of a teaspoon correct? Or a 1/4 of a teaspoon for a little over 2 gallons...
Many thanks again

STRIV3

STRIV3

that I do not know brother. honestly I use a syringe and just use 1ml for 2 gallons for my little cloner. just tapwater and the bleach, I don't adjust the ph in it.
don, it may be a lot but it definitely works for me

DonKnots

DonKnots

Drift, i use a syringe too but if you have a dropper for a medicine bottle type thingy, usually 28-30 drops is a 1ml.

Striv3, i trust ya, i may raise mine up just as a preventive maintenance against slime too.

If i use straight soil shit will die in less than a day. I may try the straight coco though to see what happens. Im guessing you need to use a humidity dome for this? Sometimes the dome causes me issues in itself so thats why i have been rocking the cloner of late.

Drifting13

Drifting13

I have been insulin dependent diabetic for close to 20 years. I didn't even think of a syringe. :facepalm: I'm gonna measure 100 units(1ml) but I think it's gonna be real close to 1/4 teaspoon, my bucket holds a little over 2 gallons of water. I have tried to clone in rapid rooters, seed starting soil, potting soil and the only way I have had any success has been in my cloning bucket.

B

BudCandy420

I am doing some cloning tonight. I just got a new bottle of clonex. They will be going straight into 5x5 containers of promix. I have not tried it with this plant so we shall see.
With Alien Grenades and Ewok they took off real good before.

STRIV3

STRIV3

drift, it should do it for you, my cloning has always been pretty much all or nothing, all root or none do. once I started the bleach (I was using rapid rooters then) it took off and has stayed that way. I just got the cloner a few months back from a generous fellow farmer I used bleach in it from the start and the same results. I did try snype's method for a couple runs but it caused only dead cuts and slime but the bleach gets it done. I use regular walmart stuff, 8.25% sodium hypochlorite, just cut and into a glass of water until I collar them and put them in and the 1ml of bleach for the 2 gallons of water it holds and wait. every 2 days I put in another 1ml and top the water off if it needs it. I usually have enough roots to transplant in 7-9 days

Last edited:
Drifting13

Drifting13

I cleaned my bucket again and found some crud hiding in the corner of the 1/2" plastic tubing. :banghead: Looks like a shame on me for not cleaning good enough. I'm definitely going with the 1ml of bleach every two days.

STRIV3

STRIV3

where's all my fellow florida farmers? this place is mighty quiet
ecsd 70 days
Ecsd1

Ecsd2

Ecsd3

triangle trip #1 70 days
Tt1a

Tt1b

Tt1c

triangle trip #2 70 days
Tt2a

Tt2b

Tt2c

STRIV3

STRIV3

thanks guys,

ssh, it smells putrid. I went out for a smell check and I definitely need a new filter. pulling too hard on my other so I have to oversize the next one.

drift those are my caterpillars of destruction. I strongly urge caution when dealing with them, they've been known to rip a grown man's face off haha

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

got a question...........im getting my new grow area built (3'-6" W x 7' L x 6'H) that will have (2) 600's, maybe 3.....should I use a single fan to filter and then cool the lights or use 2 fans......1 to cool lights then a fan/filter for circulation and cooling the space.

ill use a 10,000 btu unit for the lung room that also has my 5x5 veg tent w/400-600w light. I plan on locating my air intake for the flower area in front of the a/c and exhaust into lung room on the opposite end.

peace

STRIV3

STRIV3

not sure on that one ssh, when I did use 2 fans it seemed like they fought against each other but you're situation is different. sorry I can't help more

DonKnots

DonKnots

SSH, i have used a 6" vortex to pull thru a filter -> 600w -> 600w -> fan -> exit before with out issue myself. It was in a regular 10x10x8 bedroom and there was two setups like that. Wasnt the most effective setup but I never really had cooling issues using the 600s. YMMV

6' ceiling will require shorter plants but you probably already know that. Ceiling height has been a problem i have had of late. Still trying to get the feel for amount of veg time for the current system. I think my current heat levels cause more stretch than i should have, i started at 1' and now they are over 4'.

Top Bottom