Growing with Gaia Green - Shaded's Method

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I can get it for 16.99 about 2 miles up the street, but I buy new soil every run, old soil goes right into the veggie garden can’t waste that myco I built up! Especially in the no till garden haha.
It’s an eighty mile trip for me to get a bag. I live in an area that is the largest yet poorest in the state. Many of the folks I teach do well to pay monthly bills, this takes some of the shock off an initial investment. As for me, most all of my spent soil ends up in flower and herb beds, they both dig it!
I’ve learned to be financially creative when it comes to all of this. I even show people how to grow with cfl bulbs if they can’t afford the lights. I say flower for all! 🥰 Where there is a will, there is a way.
Bet your veggie gardens are niceeeeeee!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It’s an eighty mile trip for me to get a bag. I live in an area that is the largest yet poorest in the state. Many of the folks I teach do well to pay monthly bills, this takes some of the shock off an initial investment. As for me, most all of my spent soil ends up in flower and herb beds, they both dig it!
I’ve learned to be financially creative when it comes to all of this. I even show people how to grow with cfl bulbs if they can’t afford the lights. I say flower for all! 🥰 Where there is a will, there is a way.
Bet your veggie gardens are niceeeeeee!
Funny part is if I drive 20 miles farther it’s 28.99 a bag lol and I’ve told the store owner a few times of the price difference but he said people buy it nonstop so I won’t hate lol I’ll but it when it’s cheaper and closer lol, but I have a local source of promix and another one for coast of Maine so it’s not bad

Was just working them a bit today got drainage opened back up between the beds and flipped the topsoil / compost it’s permaculture 2nd year and holy man, no resistance on the soil with a shovel and insane amount of worms, very impressed with the method I followed, gunna expand now so pics will be added soon to the journal. Got partway into it today Hoping to finish the last 3 beds tomorrow and get the fabric down if it dosent rain out

This was last spring but was a fresh build so got work to do to get back to it haha

Freshly dug section in the pic is weed covered atm, gunna throw a bag of peat moss in probably and some perlite and loosen it up and cover it with fabric

Seedlings are in the 4x4 ready to go lol

Old pic of the seedlings I’ll update the journal tomorrow, there’s already 2 more treys than that and just got some more seeds to add lol

511550BD F82A 42A8 B8C5 309434033702
8918309A F733 42CB 904D 1684ACBE3AEA
773F45A9 6636 4D1B B4CA 419B3AB1841F
A3883452 91A2 4EBB AAB4 F8AF18F1167A
58345CFA A890 400E 91A6 866DB36E33C2
Last edited:
simonkay

simonkay

I reamend and reuse my FFHF. I only pay 21.99 a bag for it, but Im a tightwad!
If you can kindly link me to a post and show me how to reamend ill certainly order some next run. 🙏✌️. That it unless this mix turns out good ill just reamend this instead.

simonkay

simonkay

I can get it for 16.99 about 2 miles up the street, but I buy new soil every run, old soil goes right into the veggie garden can’t waste that myco I built up! Especially in the no till garden haha.
Guys you're killing me with these prices. Enough to turn me greener than my plants 🌵🥴

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

This was a very interesting read! Very cool that the name AZOMITE came from the idea that its for the "A to Z Of Minerals Including Trace Elements"

"Azomite contains 75 of the 86 naturally occurring elements" 😦

P

PahPahCee

Plants have grown in mineral heavy/rich soil for millions of years. Plants that we have consumed.

I appreciate the warning but I am much more worried about toxicity from everything else in my life :)
No worries. I just wanted to share the information for those who want to reduce heavy metal exposure.

A great alternative to DE is woolastonite if you’re looking for silicon.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

No worries. I just wanted to share the information for those who want to reduce heavy metal exposure.

A great alternative to DE is woolastonite if you’re looking for silicon.

Good looking out @PahPahCee !

Sadly it's everywhere...compost, EWC. Most organic sources are going to contain some level of them as well.

I just don't know the exact science and how much of it comes through the other end in what we smoke/consume after the plants metabolism has churned through it.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

This was a very interesting read! Very cool that the name AZOMITE came from the idea that its for the "A to Z Of Minerals Including Trace Elements"

"Azomite contains 75 of the 86 naturally occurring elements" 😦
Cool stuff! Glad I’m using it, …but who was the guy I’m following that mix from again 🤣

simonkay

simonkay

Anyone here on shaded's GG method using seaweed extract and/or amino acids?
Im tryna up the game with bio stimulants but don't want to cause extra problems just extra quality bud 🤞
Id appreciate a feeding schedule for this.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Im tryna up the game with bio stimulants but don't want to cause extra problems just extra quality bud 🤞

I did grab some Liquid seaweed extract and used a few tablespoons the last flower phase but not sure if it helped or hindered things and I didn't use it in a controlled enough fashion. They also suggest using it as a foliar spray and I don't foliar spray nothing so take that for what its worth!

2Bad

2Bad

I don't think it's necessary but if you have the money it won't hinder things. I've used it in synthetic only and didn't notice much of a difference.

P

PahPahCee

Great im thinking of mixing a bottle of kelp with amino acids, do you have a feed schedule you could share with me please
You can use it every watering if you want. Zues juice is 5ml to a gallon.

It’s one of those less is more kind of deals.

simonkay

simonkay

I did grab some Liquid seaweed extract and used a few tablespoons the last flower phase but not sure if it helped or hindered things and I didn't use it in a controlled enough fashion. They also suggest using it as a foliar spray and I don't foliar spray nothing so take that for what its worth!

Ive read up on 2/3 studies, this is one by the Egyptian gov. I specifically searched for the type of seaweed that grows near the carribean sea and according to these results pre soaking seeds plus one foliar spray 20 days after sowing, showed improvements in many metrics from yield to pigmentation etc.
Im still learning but it comes back round to bio stimulants= improving efficiency in the nutes and improving immune system of plant.
Im only going to try this on 2-3 control plants to see if there is a difference.
Screenshot 2023 04 11 12 37 21 969 commiglobalbrowser
Screenshot 2023 03 26 13 21 58 183 commiglobalbrowser

Top Bottom