Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Im throwing in the towel on this 'grow'

Even if they survive, there won't be enough side branching for bud development

Just dropped 4 seeds from 2011 that have been refrigerated : a cross of BK-1 (whatever that was) crossed with an Indica

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Long overdue update:

Had a few setbacks with the white cubes as they either hold too much water or dry out to fast. Trial and Error

3 seeds are now seedlings (YEAH)

I combined 4 air stones 24/7 plus a 160 gph pump on a timer 2 minutes on/50 minutes off, with pump tube inserted into a plastic bottle that has holes in it, partially filled with a combination of platonic solids and small marbles: this to simulate water rushing down a stream that enriches the water/nutes with enhanced oxygen

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

OK a few pictures

The plastic soda bottle needs a bit more experimentation as to how many holes and hole size, as well as pump gph. This over soaks the net pots and I am fearful to soak the strter cubes and get root rot yet again.

I will try my small ~ 60 gph pump again as I need a bit more space to put blue ice pack in this 3 gallon tote with the ~ 6xs physically larger pump

The larger pump causes too much water pressure inside the bottle, which spits long streams of nutes out the sides of the the lid and into the igloo, so I drilled 3 larger holes but I think I can do better, or it would be better in a deeper tote, which could work similar to the pseudo LPA aero without constant clogged mist heads: Such is life when experimentin

On a positive note, all 3 babies are growing with roots exiting all net pots. The color adjustments did not allow me to get accurate green: leafs are normal green. Fingers crossed

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I just replaced the 260 gph pump with an 80 gph pump. That works great in a small tote

Roots are looking really good with lots of fish bone root hairs

Im sure some of you know wha a HUGE sigh of relief this is for me

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Plants doing well, root system growing to a point where an above root explosion will begin to develop soon. In preparation, I increased ppm from ~ 350 to ~ 700

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

As you can see plants are doing well. As mentioned the yellow lid makes color correction difficult. Leafs are a proper shade of green and roots are nice and white

IMG 4803
IMG 4804
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

what a difference in just 7 days

update on my new technique for starting seedlings, and probably clones (see previous post of bottle) with platonic solids, which imitates the DO effects of a running stream= energizes the nute solution

Still dialing in the o/o times. Once I hit the mark the leafs should be reaching for the light

Obviously when the roots are lifted out of the nutes, they cling together, oh, and the yellow lid causes the root pics to look off, but they are snow white

IMG 4806
IMG 4807
IMG 4805
The hamster

The hamster

From my first grow I’ve always usedpeat pellets . Come compressed soak them in water at correct ph put seed in small hole and 95 % of them have popped . No tissue no soaking in water just straight in soil then I transplant those into rock wool cubes ready for hydro table

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
As you can see plants are doing well. As mentioned the yellow lid makes color correction difficult. Leafs are a proper shade of green and roots are nice and white

You can overcome the yellow tint by adjusting the white-balance in the camera. Usually the icon you want to select is the one with the "sun" icon. That should cut the yellow as on a sunny day.

🍻

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I knew I had to replace both the 260 gph pump and the plastic bottle as I put too many holes in it, and it was saturating the net pots, which soon led to RR. Ugh. things were finally goiing really good after so many bad starts. 😖

I bought an 80 gph pump and replaced the bottle with a smaller one with fewer holes. Plants are finally in recovery mode, with new roots with fish bones.

The first root pic (with new root development) is the plant in the lower righ picture. Why the other 2 have yet to produce new roots is a curiosity, and a concern

IMG 4810
IMG 4811
IMG 4812
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just in case the position of the plant with lots of new roots I switched it out with one of the other plants

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Really good news

the other 2 plants are sprouting new roots.

The 3rd plant that had not sprouted new roots as of yesterday, I decided to cut away 2 roots at the bottom of the net pot that did not whiten after 2 long h2o2 soaks.

This morning I am seeing new roots
woohoo.gif

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Compare the amount of roots today to Saturday's.

We're back baby!

Rapid growth will follow soon

IMG 4819
IMG 4821
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I noticed the smallest plant (lower left in above pic) is loaded with coconuts, so I pulled it. The other 2 have pistils. Time to cut the light schedule back and increase ppms

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The turn around is in full swing. Alas, due to the early root issues they will probably not get very tall

IMG 4826
IMG 4827
IMG 4828
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Wow , what a difference 9 days make.

Pics taken 4 days ago. much taller and fuller now. Since taking the pics I cut away the large primary leafs below the second set

Also took 4 clones

This morning I made fresh nutes ~ 800ppm

Top Bottom