IMG 4837
IMG 4839
IMG 4840
IMG 4842
IMG 4843

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

looks like it is getting dialed in.

It took me 4 grows to figure out that I was unintentionally soaking my starter cubes from underneath. Recovery ws underway until I incorporated the bottle areation system with too big a pump (260 gph) which was probably splashing 1+ gallons onto the underside of he lid with each on cycle, thereby soaking the net pots and starter cubes= RRR: Return of Root Rot

Next time I will perform pre-flight testing with a new plastic bottle and different hole configuration, so that I can get an aerated spray above the water line without hitting the lid. Larger holes on one side with small holes on the opposite side should do it

Pic is maybe 2 weeks old. She's now 39" tall with a ton of ~ golfball size buds

IMG 4845
IMG 4848
IMG 4849
Weed Dude

Weed Dude

Nice, When I ran hydro, I used rapid rooter plugs in a humidity dome once they rooted would put them in 5 inch net pots with hydroton. I loved how clean the system was but always fought "root rot"do to high reservoir temps.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nice, When I ran hydro, I used rapid rooter plugs in a humidity dome once they rooted would put them in 5 inch net pots with hydroton. I loved how clean the system was but always fought "root rot"do to high reservoir temps.

Thanks, it's been a long often disappointing haul to correct what turned out to be a very simple problem= starter cubes soaked 24/7, but since the starter cubes were fully encased in stones, the wetness wasn't visible

What were your rez temps? Constant DO can overcome ~ 80* temps, but I don't push it. Instead I swap blue ice packs every 2-3 hours, along with 2 @ 4" air stones + every 1-3 hours running the structured water system (which also completely recirculates the nutes ~ 3 time/3 minute on cycle. I am excited for my clones to take off so I can start with the SWS from the get go

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The big girl is sucking up ~ 1 gallon of nutes every 3-4 days, just added 3/4 G this morning

Notice the buds farthest from the light have more reddish pistils, most likely bnecause they are getting much less light which is triggering them to finish

Clones are recovering from what I don't know, but they are recovering with vg root growth

IMG 4849
IMG 4850
IMG 4851
IMG 4852
IMG 4853 2
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Plants are doing really well. Temps this week mid 70s day and < 55 at night; 2 nights ago it was low 40s/upper 30s. No doubt vg for bud development. Iguanas were freezing and falling out of the trees

Clones have really nice root development and are growing, but, need to be moved from the flowering tent

Note the tent is intentionally upside down to provide the vents where they belong; hot air rises. Tents were originally designed for HPS which requires exhaust fan, not needed with LEDs, and I keep the flaps open 24/7, unless someone is coming over that should not see what's what

Picture of COB/monos is just to show the layout, it is not on. I had to replace my AT 260, as apparently one of the mono drivers has died, taking out 2 of the mono rings: all 4 COBS are working, but.. the mono rings also have IR. Swapped it out with my AT P 300 (3 COB/monos in a line), which is a better fit for my 2 x 4 tent, expect the height is on the short side, and I had raised the tent frame up about 4"

Windows 10 photo imager color is not great, and/or Im not techie enough to figure out how to use a different software program. The photos look yellow because I turned the monos off to take the pictures. In the future I will see whether I can keep them on too

I had to replace my AT 260 (4 COB/monos, in a square), as apparently one of mono drivers has died. Swapped it out with my AT P 300 (3 COB/monos in a line), which is a better fit for my 2 x 4, expect the height is on the short side, and I had raised the tent frame up about 4"

IMG 4859
IMG 4860
IMG 4861
IMG 4858 2
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just 7 days from last pics BOOM

Been using a scope on the little gal hiding behind the big girl. She's got about 5% dark trichs, so a couple more days at most

Changed nutes out earlier today

The clones were only getting EH veg nutes ~ 450ppm, now getting Emerald Harvest Bloom Nutes, as was/is the big girl and shorty in the back. Unfortunately, the clones were taken too late and started budding

IMG 4865
IMG 4864 2
IMG 4863 2
IMG 4862 2
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Grow Lighting Masterclass with Professor Erik Runkle of Michigan State University = GREEN IS GOOD

•Dec 21, 2019

Weed Dude

Weed Dude

Grow Lighting Masterclass with Professor Erik Runkle of Michigan State University = GREEN IS GOOD

•Dec 21, 2019

Nice ! I just watched a whole series from the founder of APOGEE on light. Can't hurt to watch another!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I harvested the small donkey dick plant at lights out last night

The big girl is taking her sweet time to finish. I check her every day with a scope

3 clones doing really well, but all 3 have only single blade leafs

I changed the clones nutes this morning

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I chopped the big plant 2 days ago and began breaking down the SWC (shallow water culture) set up for my DIY F & D, which makes monitoring the rez a million times easier.

One of the main lessons I learned from this F & D DIY set up is I never should have put the F & D plug on the side the totes, but I did so in order to simplify the feed side, not realizing how much of the nutes stays in the totes (hense the steep tilt angle). The Oxygen Pots I will be replacing these with might still allow for bottom feed and drain due to the bottom of the pots being recessed, BUT, they are much taller, though I expect to figure that out so that the Oxygen Pots sit on the floor

See GrowAce if you are interested

IMG 4869 2
IMG 4870
IMG 4873 2
IMG 4872 2
IMG 4871 2
Weed Dude

Weed Dude

Good looking meds! I loved the speed of hydro. How easy it is to clean up after a run. Downside was leaks and keeping the res temperature under control.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks WD, Im especially happy since it was near deaths door several times before I figured out my dumbass problem

When I first put my DIY F & D rig together I just used another kitty litter bucket, but was frequently rotating blue ice packs. As can be seen in the photo I now use a cooler, which is outside the tent and stays pretty cool for 12+ hours rotating blue ice packs which are hard plastic and hold about 12ozs (Amazon) Also, note the hole in the front. Big mistake as it meant the cooler had to face the totes, which meant the lid was in the way every time I need to get into it

hth

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Within 24 hours of transferring from the SWC to the F & D, the biggest plant, with largest root system wilted like a mofo. The roots were lying on the rocks but not getting sufficient nutrients even though I was flooding every hour. I pushed the rocks to the sides in order to create a cupped area and moved the roots to it, but they were really dried out.

I decided to switch places with the smallest clone which was in the coffee container (mini bubbler) in between the 2 totes. It was not doing well, so I decided to add a small amount of NPK RAW Aminos and NPK Enzymes (have both on hand) and crossed my fingers. She did not respond before lights out, but the next morning she had perked up ~ 90%!

With that success noted, I just added both to the F & D rez

Weed Dude

Weed Dude

Within 24 hours of transferring from the SWC to the F & D, the biggest plant, with largest root system wilted like a mofo. The roots were lying on the rocks but not getting sufficient nutrients even though I was flooding every hour. I pushed the rocks to the sides in order to create a cupped area and moved the roots to it, but they were really dried out.

I decided to switch places with the smallest clone which was in the coffee container (mini bubbler) in between the 2 totes. It was not doing well, so I decided to add a small amount of NPK RAW Aminos and NPK Enzymes (have both on hand) and crossed my fingers. She did not respond before lights out, but the next morning she had perked up ~ 90%!

With that success noted, I just added both to the F & D rez
Nice Recovery!! Any updates?

WD

Latest posts

Top Bottom