Hanging vs. Screen

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
j wizzle

j wizzle

I prefer hanging as others have stated in prior post the screens in my opinion could possibly damage trichs. The buds are a little more pleasing to the eye when you hang them, but who's looking at beauty right. We want the effect......yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!

KJ

I grow for a collective and the folks are very picky. Flat buds will get $5 - $10 bucks an eighth less

was thinking the exact same thing. the look alone will add money to your harvest.

flat buds just dont get the same donations as nice, perfect looking buds do.

i hang dry everything, i do lb+ harvests and can fit it on 1 rack that is maybe 2'x6'....just have to get them nice & snug but not touching too much.

i also trim fan leaves before hanging, i have a perpetual garden so cant really put plants into a 48 hour dark cycle though. hang for 2-3 days, trim into smaller nugs if its dry enough, then let it sit on cardboard until dry enough for a jar. then burp jars every day for a week until i seal it up for good.

T

THC Toker

I see that some users here put there plants into darkness for 48 hours prior to harvest, always done this myself as I found that it helps trichome development.
Always preferred hung dried buds myself, hanging them seems to dry them more evenly.

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

after reading the whole thread no one has tried hanging them to dry INSIDE of a cardboard box? ive tried it and it seems to work well..

F

fishcabo

Make a setup with no-climb fence hung horizontally/flat. Hang the colas from that and it works very well.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

I have found it really depends on how much you have to dry at once.

If you have a large OD Show - then most likely - you will line dry and pay $200/lb for trimming.

If you have a large ID Show - then most likely - you may use a trimmer like one of these : http://www.thetwistermachine.com/ and screen dry.

SYK

D

dican01

yeah, hang them up. keeps more trichomes intact and the nugs hold shape better. takes more space but i think results in a better product.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

I do agree that the final product holds more "bag appeal" if line dried and hand trimmed rather than "bucked", thrown in a machine, then screen dried.

For me it is a time thing.

SYK

D

D420K

this is one of my fav steps in the whole process .
i like to hang in a dark room at around 50 to 55 celsius so its stays cool and dark..
a lil fan to circulate the humidity and get it out of the room as it rises..
if the temp is kept perfect it should take a week to a week and a half to snap the stalks.
then i trim the buds off the sticks directly into huge jars and burp cure it till its done..burping it means to open the jar up 4 to 8 times a day for about 5 min to let humidity escape from the jar..after 4 5 days of that you have a wicked product with all the flavour you can get from it..
DARKNESS,TEMP,AND HANGING
hope this helps you.
peace and happy smoking brothers

I

irie1

for all the rack people..

whats the best way to dry after you place it on the racks..temp? humidity? rotate? tubbem' then rack em again?..or just dry em slow? could care less about flat buds, that pic is funny tho, lol.

K

kamdavs

It all depends on what size you are, if your commercial racks are to go, if your smaller then hanging them is the way to go.

St3ve

St3ve

this is one of my fav steps in the whole process .
i like to hang in a dark room at around 50 to 55 celsius so its stays cool and dark..

Did you mean a cool 50 degrees Fahrenheit? 50 Celsius is hot dood?

Y

Yodas Master

I think most people believe that when there product smells "GREEN" is because they harvested too early..Not true its the environment in which you are drying is too warm...The ideal temperature is around 55F..
Next... your plant never smelled "GREEN" when it was growing, right? ..It always had some type of aroma to it when you pinch the buds or brush the plant...These smells only come out if dryed in a cold environment....Preferably the last week of growth drop night temps to around 50-55F and the leaves naturally turn purple if flushed clean of nutes..
Hang drying allows the plant to continue living and eventually killing itself off in the next 72-96hrs.. There is no better way to receive better flavors and smells then hang drying in a cold environment....50% humidity is key to a slow 10-12 day dry.. Bigger plant the slower obviuosly

808strainz

Hanging is the NUMBER 1 :)

i agree with most everyone else hanging your colas is the best way :) I prefer my nugs to come out in pristine form.

Ever after

Ever after

screens work great for me they just make the buds kinda flat on one side but I really dont care besides if you put a screen under them while drying you get some kieffy smoke while you wait for your bud

Ever after

Ever after

I only hang the top of the canopy . because i DO like some of my stuff to have that pristine shape that 808 is talkin about.

all the buds smaller than my fist i try to dry as fast as possible to make in to some nice bubble or ear wax!:harvest:

M

MImedMJpatient

flat buds just dont get the same donations as nice, perfect looking buds do.

I, too, will be plugging into a collective and I am curious if I am best off cutting colas into smaller buds for better packaging, as opposed to totin' around some colas of random weights.

Anyone?

Top Bottom