Has anybody ever just used feminized seeds to grow in tent? Do you get big grows?

• Thread starter Rebeccalovato777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

No doubt. Stacking out a room with clones for the weight and consistency will fill the most jars.
Just like the variety and vigorous growth from seed.
Such an amazing plant to be able to grow so many different ways.👌
I agree with you 💯 such a beautiful plant I love learning all this new knowledge ❤️

grnmtn

grnmtn

From my experience every hybrid femenized seeds I've grown get bud rot. The indicas don't. And clones from regs don't. I've so far not been able to purchase femenized seeds that haven't had rot or some seeds. But I've heard good femenized seeds exist. I've never had budrot when I grow clones. So if someone had good femenized seeds buy those. I've never had luck.
Bud rot has NOTHING to do with the sex of a seed! Some strains are more susceptible to it than others. Bud rot inside shouldn't be a great concern either unless your tent is super humid during flowering....

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I love that whatever you do to them you get to see the effects pretty quickly.

Ponky

Ponky

Bud rot has NOTHING to do with the sex of a seed! Some strains are more susceptible to it than others. Bud rot inside shouldn't be a great concern either unless your tent is super humid during flowering....
No one said bud rot is related to the sex of the seed. But male plants don't grow buds. Femensized seeds are generally of poor quality. Making them susceptible to fungus. Bud rot happens to genetically inferior pot. Which is why regular seeds are better.

grnmtn

grnmtn

No one said bud rot is related to the sex of the seed. But male plants don't grow buds. Femensized seeds are generally of poor quality. Making them susceptible to fungus. Bud rot happens to genetically inferior pot. Which is why regular seeds are better.
Really? I believe the op said female seeds are prone to bud rot.
Also, that's a pretty general statement saying fem seeds are lesser quality making them prone to rot? Lol
Why do you even spread your bro science on here?

growsince79

growsince79

Also, that's a pretty general statement saying fem seeds are lesser quality making them prone to rot? Lol
IME the bud size and structure is what makes them more prone to rot. Topping makes more but smaller buds that are less susceptible. Nothing to do with fem seeds; I have fems that can grow right beside infected plants and never get it.

Ponky

Ponky

I'm correct. It's a known phenomenon. If you don't like it I don't really care. And bud is female. The femenized seeds are known to be of lesser quality. Why don't you know how to interact socially? Thats the real question.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Perhaps they herm easier than regs?
Only difference, maybe.
Post the scientific research done on that to prove you aren't just spewing bro science? " Known penenomen " ?
Like crop circles?

growsince79

growsince79

I'm correct. It's a known phenomenon. If you don't like it I don't really care. And bud is female. The femenized seeds are known to be of lesser quality. Why don't you know how to interact socially? Thats the real question.

Only difference, maybe.
Post the scientific research done on that to prove you aren't just spewing bro science? " Known penenomen " ?
Like crop circles?
That ain't even bro science; it's 100% BS - fake news-misinformation.

Ponky

Ponky

Only difference, maybe.
Like crop circles?
No. I'm good. I'm sharing what I've seen. And others are to do the same. The research is the results of buying and growing the product. Now whats wrong with you? What's hampering your social skills here?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Rot is defined as decay caused by the action of bacteria and fungi.

Ponky

Ponky

Fememnized seeds suck. Why? They tend to be of inferior quality. I share this experience with many others. If you don't tell us where to buy these better seeds. What happens when i buy them is: budrot and fungus on the hybrids seeds. The indicas don't get fungus just seeds. Amd proper clones don't get either. If you want more than that from this forum then contribute it. Share your experience not your social skills shortcomings.

MercDod

MercDod

Rebecca,
FYI, In regards to your original question. My first grow with Feminized Gorilla Glue I had 3 plants in 4x4 with 21 ounces of great smokable weed. I also had about 3 ounces of larf that was bagged, frozen and if waiting for a future bubble hash run.

IMG 5110
IMG 5125
growsince79

growsince79

Fememnized seeds suck. Why? They tend to be of inferior quality. I share this experience with many others. If you don't tell us where to buy these better seeds. What happens when i buy them is: budrot and fungus on the hybrids seeds. The indicas don't get fungus just seeds. Amd proper clones don't get either. If you want more than that from this forum then contribute it. Share your experience not your social skills shortcomings.
Mold spores are in the air and we all breath them everyday. You didn't get but rot because it was on infected seeds.

Ponky

Ponky

Mold spores are in the air and we all breath them everyday. You didn't get but rot because it was on infected seeds.
No. And thats not the claim. The genetically inferior seeds i have bought that are femenized hybrids are more prone to fungus than regular clones. Clones that aren't femenized. And regular indicas seem fine. But all femenized seeds I've bought end up having at least a few seeds per pound or a lot more. Where as clones never give me any issues and come from know good regular seeds. If someone has bought femenized seeds regularly and doesn't get fungus or seeds they should share with is where they got the seeds. Because the femenized seed market has been disappointing to say the least.

The theory is have as to why: a total lack of standards around the sale of femenized seeds. Or the process of creating femenized seeds causes them to be weak and susceptible. Or I simply have terrible luck buying seeds and perfect luck buying clones. The first two seem more likely.

Should I hunt around for some scientific literature that may mirror my experience. No. That's silly. Only a dullard would ask for such a thing. If someone here buys femenized seeds and never gets fungus or seeds then please. Share. If you want peer reviewed journals and papers pay for access.

Reading between the lines. Don't. There's nothing there.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Quick Google search will reveal the true answer......

What Causes Bud Rot?

Cannabis bud rot is caused by a type of fungus known as Botrytis cinerea. Sometimes you may get another type of fungus or mold that attacks the buds, but the cause, symptoms, and effects are usually similar.

In cannabis plants, Botrytis causes buds to rot out from the inside, hence the name “bud rot.” If you crack open an infected bud, the inside will be a moldy dark gray or brown.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/bud-rot-damage.jpg

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey @Ponky, if that is your experience then that is what it is. I understand where you are coming from. I am sure you are not alone.

I have gotten bud rot. Not often, but I have. The most recent bout was when I grew out some Diet Durban fems. They were terrible. Hermed and got bud rot. So many people had issues with that lot of seeds the seller actually did a recall and gave us our money back. Genetic shit show.

On the other hand, I've grown hundreds of others, both Fem and Reg. Other than the obvious culling of males, once in flower I don't think I could tell the difference.

Originally I grew nothing but fems because I am under a plant count in my state that makes it hard to keep all the plants you want and have room for growing out males, etc. Now, I do both and don't give much thought to which it is, I just want the genetics I want from the breeders I want.

I think you have had some bad luck for sure. I know I did on those Diet Durbans. Sux to get to the end and have rot or seeds, it's a lot of work down the drain.

I can tell you where I get seeds, but I do not want it to sound like an endorsement. If what you are doing suits you, just do that. All good.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Quick Google search will reveal the true answer......

What Causes Bud Rot?

Cannabis bud rot is caused by a type of fungus known as Botrytis cinerea. Sometimes you may get another type of fungus or mold that attacks the buds, but the cause, symptoms, and effects are usually similar.

In cannabis plants, Botrytis causes buds to rot out from the inside, hence the name “bud rot.” If you crack open an infected bud, the inside will be a moldy dark gray or brown.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/bud-rot-damage.jpg
While this is completely true, genetics DO play a role.

I've had plants that got rot next to 4 others of different genetics that did not. In the same tent.

Some cultivars have bug control built in that others don't as well.

So I can see the point that crappy or weak genetics can create an environment that either helps or does nothing to stop bud rot.

To the point of this thread, I don't believe it is caused by the feminization process, but I have no way to prove it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom