Have Fun with BOG!!

• Thread starter BushyOldGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Actually yes the sour grape ibl does resemble the GSC cut but my GSC forum cut is darker purple almost black and the sour grape has that swirl looking foxtailing look but atleast from my sour grape phenos ive found were lighter purple in color but like the one pic i pictured of the sour grape is the very top nug all the other nugs from there on down resemble the GSC to where the only way I see the difference is in the color which there is also a lot of red in my sour grape keeper ;)

As far as the newb grower breeding goes ive had alot of friends get kucky with a few crosses but they are using awsome solid genetics crossed together so there getting some good results. Ive made a few crosses in my days but have been growing/ breeding for 20+ years with even bagseed lol back in the day

alot of the popular clones that are out there today that breeders are using like blueberry and bubblegum to name a few were found from bag seed by growers that weren't that experience along with alot of others

Now it is getting kind of annoying how there is so many new breeders that came out that just started growing when the med laws came into effect and I actually just tested a bunch from one that supposedly had 10 years or more experience and every single strain were Herms lol so The breeder all of a sudden disappeared but it is obvious what these guys are doing and it is all about the money they had no care to do this before it was so big now they see all this money being made and want in on it and as this breeder didnt realize it wasn't as easy as he thought LOL

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

well they havent released the true genetics of GSC... there might be something to think about.... i will have to investigate add run some sour G and findout...:cigar:
I really don't think anybody knows ...rumor was it was a triangle kush s1 pheno found along with "the white" they say came from triangle kush as well but who knows a lot of these new clone Only strains I think will always be a mystery just like all the older ones that are still a mystery . no one will know what the true heritage is because whoever found them isnt going to release where they found them because then everybody willbe popping seeds of what ever strain they found this pheno from or they just don't want you to know that was something so simple that one of us could make a right at home with a mahic wan and a seed LOL. then again they say they're starting to do DNA on plants so we will at least find out where they originated LOL

Max Frost

Max Frost

A friend is sending me some forum cut GSC crossed with BOG's sour bubble. Should be a wicked cross!! I'd love to hear BOG's opinion on that too. Clearly, Chem hit the nail on the head...it's all about the fast buck! Best, -Max

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

I have considered such a cross Max but why not let someone else do it?

Since both are popular, tasty and potent the cross is likely to be good. GSC is popular so it would be a good cross to make if I just wanted to sell seeds. Admittedly I do want to sell seeds but besides keeping my current strains in stock I do have a project that was never finished.

LifeStar...my Sensi Star x Lifesaver!!! I have already tested it and even sold a few of the first bx seeds that I still have. It just seems to me that new projects should take a backseat to the one I already developed myself. I very much appreciate the orange haired beauty that is Sensi Star.

Hopefully I can get this done in 2014. Bog.

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

I have considered such a cross Max but why not let someone else do it?

Since both are popular, tasty and potent the cross is likely to be good. GSC is popular so it would be a good cross to make if I just wanted to sell seeds. Admittedly I do want to sell seeds but besides keeping my current strains in stock I do have a project that was never finished.

LifeStar...my Sensi Star x Lifesaver!!! I have already tested it and even sold a few of the first bx seeds that I still have. It just seems to me that new projects should take a backseat to the one I already developed myself. I very much appreciate the orange haired beauty that is Sensi Star.

Hopefully I can get this done in 2014. Bog.

Man that life star will be fire well was already proven at one time so is gonna be fire should say.. This is why i like popping BOG seeds and just a few other smaller breeders which i found one was on here today so big ups to the once were small guys that are now making the best strains out there STILL and are ones that unlike most "big" breeders ive talked to will say ya need a few packs to find a keeper when ive done half packs of regs and always find a gem from bogs gear .. Like the lifesaver and bogbubble ive popped just 6 and even once had 4 males in the bogbubble which knowing my males were a few good ones but both females were keepers which i need to reup here soon on the bogbubble and lifesaver once these tests of L.S.D. And sweet and sour cindy are done .

Ive done 10 bog strains that i can count in my head and found a few gems in every pack so anyone who hasnt grown bogs gear needs to try them out ... There all good but lifesaver ive always really loved for the monster yields of killer smoke ;) and bogbubble is the closest ive found to the real bubblegum and ive tried all the others out and nothing came close to it so not just beefing him up im honest and will say whos who and whats whay and thats my word!!! Wont waste my space and time being i have a plant count to keep myself legal and won't waste space on a lot of the so called big breeders seed anymore that turned money hungry and are doing as I've already said popping out all these different crosses one after another with limited testing or none at all which is sad because a lot of these breeders 10 years ago were really good and were like bog and hadthere proven strains they were known for and now there all remade and not the same and all there new ones are watered down so much its getting crazy like the wild wild west in the beeeding business

Max Frost

Max Frost

That LifeStar sounds amazing BOG! I'll be watching for it to become available! Thank so much for your opinion on the GSCxSB, but looking back, I was very unclear in my post. I meant I'd love to hear your opinion on all the breeders today that are cranking out the untested shit, and making crosses and just throwing them out there for a quick buck! Here's a good example...

I was given test beans by BCBD of their Animal Cookies (GSC x Fire OG) to run, along with probably a dozen or so other growers. Out of all the AC journals I saw, I'm the only grower to get any female plants at all, and the plants that others did get were out-of-control stretchy. Most folks removed them from their gardens quickly. (I wish I had)! I did get some females, but what I got...well, I still don't know what it was!

These are the pics BCBD has on their website of the Animal Cookies strain they are selling. (It's my understanding the pics were stolen and used without permission):

BCBD Animal Cookies as advertised on their site:
Animal cookies1

BCBD Animal Cookies as advertised on their site:
Bcbd animal cookies1

Here's what I GOT...

BCBD Animal Cookies...the truth!
AC1

AC3

AC4

Clearly, the plants that grew bore no resemblance to ANY cookies strain I've ever seen! The buds were loose, airy, and finished up looking like hell. Zero flavor and I'd rate the potency just very slightly above commercial mexi-garbage. I was embarrassed to have these plants in my garden! They didn't like anything I did for them. They were very difficult to grow, and a total waste of time and money! In case you think it was something I did wrong, this is a pic of a G-13 Blueberry Gum that grew right beside them...

BBG2

IMO, BCBD just swept the floor and slapped an Animal Cookies sticker on them and out the door they went! If I had paid for these beans I would be fucking furious!!! I feel so bad for all the poor unsuspecting people who shelled out their hard-earned cash for this shit!

I guess my question is...unless a breeder is just blatently ripping people off, how could something like this happen? Even if you tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, it's hard to see how the plants I got could have come from either the GSC or the Fire OG! I'm not seeing any of either strain in this cross. Is it just me? Their God Bud is another good example! It used to be an AMAZING strain! True, you had to search a little to get THE pheno...but when you found it...you were set! Now, the God has been completely ruined! It's not even the same plant at all IMO. I also ran a BC sweet tooth of theirs that was not even close to being a sweet tooth. It's really too bad! If Matt had run the business honestly, it could have been the top of the market, IMO. Instead, they're famous for shit service and now shit genetics.

BCBD is just one example of this kind of deceptive...NAY...fraudulent business practices that have become the norm for some in the marketplace. THANK GOD for reputable, honest breeders such as BOG! I know you'd rather shoot yourself than fuck somebody like this! I guess the QWISO hash kicked in and I ran on a bit, but it just really pisses me off! I guess this is the kind of thing I was really hoping you'd chime in on! Best, -Max :wacky:

Last edited:
greenpharmd

greenpharmd

I dont want to even get into the catholic school deal lol id be called a satan worshiper like when i moved to TN and anyone would ask what religion i was and id say my own lol they would literally say i was a satan worshipper lol bible belt was not a good place to live and the bud was all nasty there so needless to say mine was put way up there even if i grew the worst strain ever lol but wasnt my style so came back to mich as soon as the laws for medical marijuana started that way i was safer at doing what i love and live for ... Growing DANK that lays ya out or has you soaring like an eagle

But yes everything BOG said about me is true. He dont lie ;) and looking forward to the next test grow and hope its real soon.. Have tested for many like GGG, canna venture, pisces,sannies and many others but always love when i get to test a BOG strain cause of what comes out of BOGs gear ... Love the taste and always get good resin production and production period of good flowers as you who have grown his gems have seen so me that has tried them all just about can say you will find a gem in every pack unlike most now saying you need a few packs to find what ya want which shouldnt be the case unless its a rare pheno your after ofcourse but cant ever say enough good about what BOG has to offer and all my patients get what they need with less then normal anounts of meds so we call BOGs flowers extra strength :)

Oh and I love the "turning over a new leaf " statement they made hahaha

The problem with the "Bible belt" is that more people here need to actually READ the Bible instead of just beating people over the head with it and judging them! LONG before man called cannabis "bad" or "illegal", the Lord called it GOOD when He created it! People should realize that! :)

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Omg im so glad glad you named named when i said about old breeders that use to be decent bcbd was one and the animal cookies my buddy bought a pack of and all herms and one that made it after ripping balls off a few times and looked exactly looked like yours when done also there fire og is fake and this has been said since even there source of it admitted that it was a fake they gave him so they are a perfect example of a decent breeder turned to greed

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

I have had the privilege to meet some very fine breeders and I respect them and their work.

Not for me to judge others but honesty is what people want. I have warned people about feminized seeds for years because they should only be purchased from a company or breeder you really trust. They could be anyones mistakes.

Reputation comes after years of earning it. Good or bad. I can't imagine any breeder wishing to damage their brand by turning out something other than what it really is.

The many strains being produced by some breeders astounds me but I understand. If your strains arent selling then what can you do? Gypsy always told me to make more but two a year was my fast pace.

I have sold first crosses but I have never intentionally misrepresented anything because I am not smart enough to start lying. I would forget my lies and weave a tangled web of lies that anyone could eventually see.

Breeders are just people and maybe one got in a jam and made a mistake.

I still want people to try all my strains and my first is just as good as my last hopefully.

But, you can't farm this work out like so many seed companies do. I do it all from start to finish. I don't have growers making seeds for me. What I have is friends who cement my reputation. It takes a long time to establish yourself and it is only done by keeping your word.

I can't come out with twenty or fifty new strains a year. Quality not Quantity is what you want...right? You should grow my Lifesaver or my Bogglgum or my Bogbubble or my BMR or any of my strains because they wouldn't be in my line up if they weren't more than worthy.

I have continued to learn from my mistakes but I won't sell crappy seeds or weed. I have pride in my work just like you. Bog

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Well said bog...def see the work put into your strains just from the males ive found especially in your lifesaver so the females are rock solid aswell ..im in love with all the strains ive grown of yours but man do I like me some lifesaver but then theres the bmr and bogglegum and then bog bubble oh and cant forget sour grape lol all good and still have others to try and def cant wait for my L.S.D. and Sweet and Sour Cindy test to be done and get a smoke report out on them but patience is a must in this hobby ;) so every week as they grow is a miracle like birth is for a mother is what every plant i grow is to me but we get to pick our children in this case lol

Max Frost

Max Frost

I have had the privilege to meet some very fine breeders and I respect them and their work.

Not for me to judge others but honesty is what people want. I have warned people about feminized seeds for years because they should only be purchased from a company or breeder you really trust. They could be anyones mistakes.

Reputation comes after years of earning it. Good or bad. I can't imagine any breeder wishing to damage their brand by turning out something other than what it really is.

The many strains being produced by some breeders astounds me but I understand. If your strains arent selling then what can you do? Gypsy always told me to make more but two a year was my fast pace.

I have sold first crosses but I have never intentionally misrepresented anything because I am not smart enough to start lying. I would forget my lies and weave a tangled web of lies that anyone could eventually see.

I still want people to try all my strains and my first is just as good as my last hopefully.

But, you can't farm this work out like so many seed companies do. I do it all from start to finish. I don't have growers making seeds for me. What I have is friends who cement my reputation. It takes a long time to establish yourself and it is only done by keeping your word.

I can't come out with twenty or fifty new strains a year. Quality not Quantity is what you want...right? You should grow my Lifesaver or my Bogglgum or my Bogbubble or my BMR or any of my strains because they wouldn't be in my line up if they weren't more than worthy.

I have continued to learn from my mistakes but I won't sell crappy seeds or weed. I have pride in my work just like you. Bog

Thanks for your opinion BOG. I was interested to hear your take on it...being involved on the frontlines. Making a business out of it certainly gives you a unique perspective that perhaps most never get to fully appreciate. CLEARLY...you are an honest man...and that's where it has to start!
You said that about not coming out with 20-50 new strains/year like it's a bad thing, but IMO...your attention to detail, and doing it all yourself to maintain quality is what it's all about! As a customer/perspective customer, I would MUCH rather see that kind of quality over quantity anytime! I've grown your gear before BOG, and the quality control is apparent at every turn! It really shows in your work!

Thank you for your commitment to quality, and your honesty as a person/business person! We won't expect allot of new strains...however we know that when you DO release a new one...it'll be worthy in all areas! Hell...I'd order it sight-unseen! No other breeders around ...save one (ROC) that I would have that kind of trust for. So clearly...in my book...you're doing it as well as it can possibly be done! K+++!!! Best, -Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Fun stuff Mrs. BOG and very nice to see you online!

Best,

Max :wacky:

spacebomb

spacebomb

ive just snagged a pack of con gwenetics .cookie haze:-) i hope its nice. i love ojd.hella cool guy.like u bog .in a way:-).i think im the FIRST person to get cookies were i am?lol.i hear that ita a DOPE STRAIN! then people say!AAAHH!its hype ,its A mutant strain:-)lol.WELL ID GIVE A FUCK!COS THERE CON GENETICS:-)OF OJD + im running them!.Zhes a cool cat bog:-) you + him should do a collab? his rainbow jones strain x to your ?hhmmmm? SOUR LIFE SAVER! damn.whats the deal with cookies! obviouslly im getting to grow them.ill wait + scope out someones log:-) haha.let em ruin theres + ?my lesson learned.j.k..
anyway,im getting my xmas seed money soon! this will get me thru the next year.im. STILL HAVING REAL TROUBLE CLONING. fucking mother fuckers on here make it look easy :(.haha.im slowly getting it down tho!
A friend is sending me some forum cut GSC crossed with BOG's sour bubble. Should be a wicked cross!! I'd love to hear BOG's opinion on that too. Clearly, Chem hit the nail on the head...it's all about the fast buck! Best, -Max

MrsBOG

MrsBOG

Well said Bog. I couldn't have said it better.
Yes, BOG Seeds strives for Quality not Quantity!
We have pride in our products.
Thank You All,
MrsBOG

Max Frost

Max Frost

Well said Bog. I couldn't have said it better.
Yes, BOG Seeds strives for Quality not Quantity!
We have pride in our products.
Thank You All,
MrsBOG

Well Mrs. BOG,

I think it's safe to say that anyone who has done business with you guys knows first-hand that you DO take pride, and that you DO strive foe quality. Not only in your products...but also in your outstanding continued excellent service! ;) I think it boils down to caring! Clearly, y'all LOVE what you do, as well as your customers! It's SO nice that you guys take the time to stop in here and chat with us...about your strains....or about anything really. Having that kind of access to the breeder is a rare treat! Especially in today's fast-buck oriented market! A breeder with BOG's reputation could easily become big-headed and conceited, but you are just down-to-earth "real people" and it's great to be able to relate with you on that level! I give you mad props for that & all the rest! K+++!!! Best, -Max :wacky:

Top Bottom