Head first into Hydroponics. A beginner's story.

• Thread starter GrumpAzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

My T6, IMO, is too small for the tent. I would have preferred a T8 but the T6 runs for around 15 - 30 minutes trying to get the specs back in line and I experience maybe 3% humidity drop at most. Sometimes nothing at all so I wouldn't worry too much about the fan affecting humidity much.

The advantage I see with the T9 is the reservoir size. I wouldn't have to fill that thing up for a month!!!😃
I just looked them up again and I believe I was thinking of the T7 vs the T3. I'm actually not even seeing a T9 on their website.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

Screenshot 20230402 082018 AC Infinity

My fan kicked itself on to level 10 after my lights shut off last night. It's set at a high of 77 degrees and was set to auto. When I noticed this morning, I literally just clicked Auto and set it right back to Auto and it started functioning normally. What's up with that?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

View attachment 1346944
My fan kicked itself on to level 10 after my lights shut off last night. It's set at a high of 77 degrees and was set to auto. When I noticed this morning, I literally just clicked Auto and set it right back to Auto and it started functioning normally. What's up with that?
It's what I was talking about in my post above. My fan did the same thing the other day. I also had the UIS outlet not turn off my heater the other day. I also moved my light back to a smart timer. It would shut the light off at the right time but would not turn it back on without me turning it back onto "schedule" in the app.

I think from a hardware perspective the controller is outstanding. However the current software is buggy. I am hoping that future updates makes for reliable software controls. I have only owned the controller for a couple of weeks so there's likely more bugs that I will find that will need worked out.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What is your minimum temp setting? I have a minimum temp setting and the fan kicks on when it hits it trying to raise the temp.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It's what I was talking about in my post above. My fan did the same thing the other day. I also had the UIS outlet not turn off my heater the other day. I also moved my light back to a smart timer. It would shut the light off at the right time but would not turn it back on without me turning it back onto "schedule" in the app.

I think from a hardware perspective the controller is outstanding. However the current software is buggy. I am hoping that future updates makes for reliable software controls. I have only owned the controller for a couple of weeks so there's likely more bugs that I will find that will need worked out.
What has ACI told you when you reported your issues?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What has ACI told you when you reported your issues?

I haven't contacted them just yet. I set the system up last weekend so it's been on a test drive this week. I jumped into this thread mainly due to the ACI controller being mentioned. I wanted to compare notes with other users first. It seems like I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.

Once I have plants growing beyond seedling stage, (Mine are all just sprouts right now) I'll have to have these issues fixed or I'll be moving onto another brand controller. Pulse Hub has a lot of great features. What's not so great is its price. It would be much better for me financially if ACI can get their bugs fixed.

Maybe we should start a new thread with controller 69 issues and call on ACI (they are a sponsor here) to help us through the software bugs?

@ACINFINITYINC are you able to help?

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I haven't contacted them just yet. I set the system up last weekend so it's been on a test drive this week. I jumped into this thread mainly due to the ACI controller being mentioned. I wanted to compare notes with other users first. It seems like I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.

Once I have plants growing beyond seedling stage, (Mine are all just sprouts right now) I'll have to have these issues fixed or I'll be moving onto another brand controller. Pulse Hub has a lot of great features. What's not so great is its price. It would be much better for me financially if ACI can get their bugs fixed.

Maybe we should start a new thread with controller 69 issues and call on ACI (they are a sponsor here) to help us through the software bugs?

@ACINFINITYINC are you able to help?
I think that would be a great idea. It would certainly help the company in bettering their product and being able to give customer support in a very real way.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think that would be a great idea. It would certainly help the company in bettering their product and being able to give customer support in a very real way.

Exactly. It's my opinion that like all the other ACI products I've purchased, the hardware is solid. These are software issues that are plaguing the system. If those are fixed in a reliable way, the whole system becomes exceptionally hard to beat when comparing its costs to something like the Pulse Hub.

Edit: Unless someone else wants to start the thread, it may take me a couple of days to get enough meaningful data recorded to show ACI what's happening. However, so far in a nutshell, this is what I have:

1: UIS RJ11 jack for non-ACI light - You set the schedule. It runs through the schedule during that 24 hr period. Once the lights shut off though, it doesn't turn them back on again. The software user interface goes from "schedule" to "off" until you reset it.

2: Both Cloudline inline fan and UIS outlet controller have switched on without apparent triggers. The cloudline fan raced up to #10 speed out of the blue yesterday and I had the UIS outlet controller stick on despite being past the "off" trigger temperature by over 10f.

Last edited:
GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

Exactly. It's my opinion that like all the other ACI products I've purchased, the hardware is solid. These are software issues that are plaguing the system. If those are fixed in a reliable way, the whole system becomes exceptionally hard to beat when comparing its costs to something like the Pulse Hub.
Everything seemed to be running fine up until this last firmware update. Then things have been screwy. A little over an hour ago, the temp reading jumped 12 degrees. I checked it out and there's nothing in there that feels remotely warm. Heater wasn't running, either. 78 to 90 is a hell of a jump in a minute's time.

Somethings up and I agree, I don't want these issues when there's a plant in the tent. I'm just glad I've been trying to maintain the environment while I work out all the kinks.

These bugs aren't the bugs I was afraid of when I started building and planning.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm always wary of software upgrades. If I'm not having a problem I usually don't upload unless it's some sort of security issue. Too many times I've had updates for things that I'll never access and tend to just muck up an already working system.

Maybe mention to them a patch style system in their software upgrades where you can install a patch at your own discretion but make it reversible if it affects your controller negatively. I'm not up on the latest app languages but I would imagine they're using something like Python, Java or C++. Any of these languages have the ability to do that.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Everything seemed to be running fine up until this last firmware update. Then things have been screwy. A little over an hour ago, the temp reading jumped 12 degrees. I checked it out and there's nothing in there that feels remotely warm. Heater wasn't running, either. 78 to 90 is a hell of a jump in a minute's time.

Somethings up and I agree, I don't want these issues when there's a plant in the tent. I'm just glad I've been trying to maintain the environment while I work out all the kinks.

These bugs aren't the bugs I was afraid of when I started building and planning.

Well, I set up a support ticket (Ticket #265043) and suggested they visit this forum to help guide people through these issues.

P.S. @GrumpAzz - There is an option in the software to revert back to a previous firmware revision. Maybe going backwards is what needs to be done to correct these issues?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Well, I set up a support ticket (Ticket #265043) and suggested they visit this forum to help guide people through these issues.

P.S. @GrumpAzz - There is an option in the software to revert back to a previous firmware revision. Maybe going backwards is what needs to be done to correct these issues?
Agreed. If they already have it in their language architecture than for sure I would do that and see if it improves the situation. You can always reapply the update although I would talk to their engineers first as I've removed patches only to have issues on reapplication because the DLL in the registry wrote 2 links for the same patch and confused the program into safe mode.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Agreed. If they already have it in their language architecture than for sure I would do that and see if it improves the situation. You can always reapply the update although I would talk to their engineers first as I've removed patches only to have issues on reapplication because the DLL in the registry wrote 2 links for the same patch and confused the program into safe mode.
That's correct, sometimes reverting firmware updates causes new issues ....

So at this time I haven't reverted to the old software yet. I'm waiting for a response from ACI in my email. I probably won't see that until tomorrow. Right now, I'm keeping my humidity up so my exhaust system is currently off. Only the UIS outlet with the heater plugged in and set to 76F is currently using the controller. I put my light back on the smart timer.

Once ACI gives some direction on this, then I'll make changes.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

That's correct, sometimes reverting firmware updates causes new issues ....

So at this time I haven't reverted to the old software yet. I'm waiting for a response from ACI in my email. I probably won't see that until tomorrow. Right now, I'm keeping my humidity up so my exhaust system is currently off. Only the UIS outlet with the heater plugged in and set to 76F is currently using the controller. I put my light back on the smart timer.

Once ACI gives some direction on this, then I'll make changes.
I just unplugged everything and put the project on hold for now. I might plug it in and check on operation again tonight, might not. I won't do this without automation and am now pretty frustrated. I've been working out kinks this whole time to just run into one that's not something I can do anything about. Spent too much money on AC Infinty products for this kind of crap to stand in my way.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I just unplugged everything and put the project on hold for now. I might plug it in and check on operation again tonight, might not. I won't do this without automation and am now pretty frustrated. I've been working out kinks this whole time to just run into one that's not something I can do anything about. Spent too much money on AC Infinty products for this kind of crap to stand in my way.

I won't be returning any of the gear. I have confidence that at the end of the day (just probably not today), this will all have proper software fixes. I'm lucky in the sense that everything the AC Infinity controller does, I can duplicate with stand-alone devices and I've already made those swaps. I have some time I can wait for this all to be resolved. The plants I'm working on right now are all headed outside to the greenhouse in May.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

I won't be returning any of the gear. I have confidence that at the end of the day (just probably not today), this will all have proper software fixes. I'm lucky in the sense that everything the AC Infinity controller does, I can duplicate with stand-alone devices and I've already made those swaps. I have some time I can wait for this all to be resolved. The plants I'm working on right now are all headed outside to the greenhouse in May.
This is my first go at growing a plant. I just got my RO and everything finished last weekend. I was gonna deep clean the grow spaces this weekend and try to run some nutes through the system. I had planned on germinating a seed next weekend. This has really turned me off for a minute. Lost a little of the spark. I'll wait to see how they respond to you before I get myself involved in some customer support conversations.

I won't be returning anything, either. It's all a really innovative system (when it's actually working properly). The temp readings aren't accurate at all now. I have a spiderfarmer temp sensor I'll hang in the tent this evening for comparison if a hard reset doesn't help the controller issues. As I said above, I've spent a lot of money to get this going so it's not like I'm giving up on the project, I've just lost some steam and realistically just hope for a plant to harvest by the end of the year, at this rate. Full time job and an 11 month old and that doesn't leave much time for tinkering with crap. I hope they respond to you quickly with some sound advice.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

This is my first go at growing a plant. I just got my RO and everything finished last weekend. I was gonna deep clean the grow spaces this weekend and try to run some nutes through the system. I had planned on germinating a seed next weekend. This has really turned me off for a minute. Lost a little of the spark. I'll wait to see how they respond to you before I get myself involved in some customer support conversations.

I won't be returning anything, either. It's all a really innovative system (when it's actually working properly). The temp readings aren't accurate at all now. I have a spiderfarmer temp sensor I'll hang in the tent this evening for comparison if a hard reset doesn't help the controller issues. As I said above, I've spent a lot of money to get this going so it's not like I'm giving up on the project, I've just lost some steam and realistically just hope for a plant to harvest by the end of the year, at this rate. Full time job and an 11 month old and that doesn't leave much time for tinkering with crap. I hope they respond to you quickly with some aound advice.
I think you have more than enough to get you through a grow successfully. Much of the dialing in you're doing now will have to be fine tuned once you have plants in the tent so I wouldn't worry too much and just dive in!!

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

I think you have more than enough to get you through a grow successfully. Much of the dialing in you're doing now will have to be fine tuned once you have plants in the tent so I wouldn't worry too much and just dive in!!
I appreciate the enthusiasm, for sure.

I don't see how I'll be able to fine tune anything (without more expenses) with my temp readings not being accurate. I can't make the proper adjustments if the initial readings are off. Fingers crossed on a hard reset helping things.

Top Bottom