Head first into Hydroponics. A beginner's story.

• Thread starter GrumpAzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Keep in mind you just need to keep them in range not exact to the number. If you have a day where the heater went off and overheated the tent or something didn't turn on it won't do much as long as you don't let it go on for a while. If you have your controller set up on your router you should be able to access your info from wherever there is an internet connection. You can do periodic checks to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

Keep in mind you just need to keep them in range not exact to the number. If you have a day where the heater went off and overheated the tent or something didn't turn on it won't do much as long as you don't let it go on for a while. If you have your controller set up on your router you should be able to access your info from wherever there is an internet connection. You can do periodic checks to make sure everything is where it needs to be.
It's the 69 pro and I've been doing just that since I set it up a few weeks ago. It's been going great until some funky issues last night and a few little quirks that didn't affect functionality. Now the temp reading is roughly 10 degrees off, so I can't trust it until it proves otherwise. So i wouldn't even know if the heater kicked on or if the controller is on the fritz again.

Realistically I'm just pouting because I was so close. I just want the thing to work like it was and not have to ride this curveball into the wind.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It's the 69 pro and I've been doing just that since I set it up a few weeks ago. It's been going great until some funky issues last night and a few little quirks that didn't affect functionality. Now the temp reading is roughly 10 degrees off, so I can't trust it until it proves otherwise. So i wouldn't even know if the heater kicked on or if the controller is on the fritz again.

Realistically I'm just pouting because I was so close. I just want the thing to work like it was and not have to ride this curveball into the wind.
How many things is the controller running? My 67 will run 2 things. Maybe have them send you a 67 for now until they figure out the issues and run with it. I have had zero issues with the 67.

steamroller

steamroller

My 67s have been flawless.
Absolutely no interest in having that info when I am not in the room before this and even less now.
No upgrade for me in that respect.
My fans turn on and off for both RH and temp.
My heat/AC is controlled by an Ink bird.
6 gallon humidifier with built in controls.
I need no more..

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How many things is the controller running? My 67 will run 2 things. Maybe have them send you a 67 for now until they figure out the issues and run with it. I have had zero issues with the 67.
The 69 Pro controller has a port for the hygrometer/thermometer probe and then the ability to add up to 4 other devices using ports that are similar to a USB "C" connection. At some point I will likely have all ports filled because eventually once stock is reliable I will add one of their humidifiers.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

It's running everything but the light. The exhaust fan, heater and humidifier. The heater isn't really necessary though.

I'm going back there here in a few when we get our little turd down for a nap. I'll run the SF temp and humidity sensor into the tent to compare the two's readings and go from there.

Again, I really appreciate the enthusiasm and all the help.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

20230402 160142

Spiderfarmer probe on the left
AC Infinity on the right

Intake fan on high pulling in mid 60's air, exhaust on 10 to vent some humidity. Apparently when I unplugged the controller, the outlets turned on and ran my heater and humidifier with no exhaust 🙄.

But as you can see.. the AC probe is a good 10+ degrees above the SF. I think I can recalibrate the temp probe so I'll try that next, but that doesn't solve the issue of the fan kicking up to 10 for no apparent reason, draining the humidity. Had the same issue with the heater and humidifier ports also. The fan took care of that before.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

View attachment 1347076
Spiderfarmer probe on the left
AC Infinity on the right
View attachment 1347077
Intake fan on high pulling in mid 60's air, exhaust on 10 to vent some humidity. Apparently when I unplugged the controller, the outlets turned on and ran my heater and humidifier with no exhaust 🙄.

But as you can see.. the AC probe is a good 10+ degrees above the SF. I think I can recalibrate the temp probe so I'll try that next, but that doesn't solve the issue of the fan kicking up to 10 for no apparent reason, draining the humidity. Had the same issue with the heater and humidifier ports also. The fan took care of that before.
I've heard about the fan issue on 69's from some others but it seems to be only the fan.

Yes, you can recalibrate the temp readings on the app but I would pickup an infrared monitor before you go calibrating stuff so that you can accurately make your changes. I find the thermometer handy to periodically check the VPD numbers the controller is churning out to make sure it's calibrated properly and not going out of range.

Infrared Laser Thermometer

DWC......Great harvest if you can get there without it going south. I've done DWC a few times with moderate success. Just too much maintenance for me and too small a margin for error vs dirt.

Yes, I'm a lazy fuck......😏

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

I've heard about the fan issue on 69's from some others but it seems to be only the fan.

Yes, you can recalibrate the temp readings on the app but I would pickup an infrared monitor before you go calibrating stuff so that you can accurately make your changes. I find the thermometer handy to periodically check the VPD numbers the controller is churning out to make sure it's calibrated properly and not going out of range.

View attachment 1347078

DWC......Great harvest if you can get there without it going south. I've done DWC a few times with moderate success. Just too much maintenance for me and too small a margin for error vs dirt.

Yes, I'm a lazy fuck......😏
I have a Klein temp gun. I just wasn't sure the offset from surface temp and ambient so I wasn't sure how to accurately judge the difference.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

Screenshot 20230402 163533 AC Infinity

Well I'm an idiot and should've just checked here first. I can't explain how it ended up doing this in the first place, though. Our toddler doesn't handle our phones and that's a pretty complicated sequence for a pocket maneuver. It still doesn't explain my fan kicking on high after lights off last night. It does however alleviate a little bit of the stress.

Some of these programming issues arrived around the same time I set up an automation for my heater to allow an 8 degree drop after lights off. Maybe I'll ignore the heater for now and delete the automation. Maybe that will help.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Pickup a temp monitor that you trust and base your readings off of it.

I've never used this hygrometer but a buddy of mine recommended it.

Yes, I have several of those Govee hygrometer/thermometers. They are easy to use. The ones I have are WIFI/Bluetooth enabled so you can get your readings anywhere you have a data or internet connection. The app records a graph so you can see any fluctuations. I also trust their temperature/RH readings.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yes, I have several of those Govee hygrometer/thermometers. They are easy to use. The ones I have are WIFI/Bluetooth enabled so you can get your readings anywhere you have a data or internet connection. The app records a graph so you can see any fluctuations. I also trust their temperature/RH readings.
There ya go!! From the proverbial horses mouth!! 😄

He can use that as his benchmark and go from there.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

View attachment 1347080
Well I'm an idiot and should've just checked here first. I can't explain how it ended up doing this in the first place, though. Our toddler doesn't handle our phones and that's a pretty complicated sequence for a pocket maneuver. It still doesn't explain my fan kicking on high after lights off last night. It does however alleviate a little bit of the stress.

Some of these programming issues arrived around the same time I set up an automation for my heater to allow an 8 degree drop after lights off. Maybe I'll ignore the heater for now and delete the automation. Maybe that will help.
I would hold onto this scenario and see if the 69 caused this. It could very well be a sign of what is wrong in their programming and be the cause of a lot of the issues the controller is having.

Submit this when MiGrampaUSA gets a response on his ticket or if they decide to open a thread on the site.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

I would hold onto this scenario and see if the 69 caused this. It could very well be a sign of what is wrong in their programming and be the cause of a lot of the issues the controller is having.

Submit this when MiGrampaUSA gets a response on his ticket or if they decide to open a thread on the site.
Yeah for sure. I'll delete the heater automation and keep a close eye on the other fluctuations I've been seeing. I'm honestly glad it was mostly user error and the problem was quickly under control.

I just wanna take a moment and thank you all for taking up arms and sharing your two cents. This was a minor issue and there were several of you pitching in some of your valuable time to keep me in the game. Thanks again!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah for sure. I'll delete the heater automation and keep a close eye on the other fluctuations I've been seeing. I'm honestly glad it was mostly user error and the problem was quickly under control.

I just wanna take a moment and thank you all for taking up arms and sharing your two cents. This was a minor issue and there were several of you pitching in some of your valuable time to keep me in the game. Thanks again!
No worries Brother! We've all been there.

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

On a more positive note.. everything ran perfectly today. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll do some cleaning tonight after the little one goes to bed. If not, no worries. As the hurdles and hiccups came, I've gathered some patience. I don't want to rush things.

If I can get enough done during the week, I'll be able to start germinating a seed this weekend. I'll be getting my feet wet with a Jungle Cake X Wedding cross. PeatPhreak has one going right now and says it's his strongest grower at the moment.

I'm excited to be so close. Things are gonna start happenin'.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I received an email response from AC Infinity this evening. It seems to get more help I will have to go to their support chat option. I was told to reset my device and then set up the device all over again. I'll give it a try although I'm not confident it will work. I'm still getting strange glitches ... things turning on when not expected or not turning on when expected. I'll update again once I actually have a conversation with them.

The email I received did say they might send someone to the forum to help sort out these software issues. Hopefully they do just that ...

GrumpAzz

GrumpAzz

Nice.

Mine seems to be performing well. There's still a weird glitch between the .9 and .0 decimals, temperature and humidity. This caused my heater to kick off and on this morning when it hovered between 70.9 and 71. Instead of bouncing between those numbers, it bounces between 70.0 and 71.0. 70 kicking on the heat.

If it stays there long enough, it's even evident on the graph. It will show a sharp spike down to the nearest whole degree and then back up the next minute. Does that at every whole number reading, both temp and humidity. Not detrimental, but annoying.

Top Bottom