Heavy 16 User Superthread

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

So this is my first run using straight H16 without Big Bud, and I have to say that 5 weeks in and I am NOT impressed. Usually my buds are huge at this point. Do things kick in a bit later when running Fire alone?

I also have to say I just went through the same thing. I ended up throwing some MOAB into the mix week 6 and 7 which definitely helped. I ran Fire the last week of veg also. I've had better results with H16 and Big Bud or Massive. I'll give it another go and see if I can get it dialed better. Still, things are turning out pretty good.

LAD day 50
IMG 0279

d3cryption

d3cryption

e="CelticEBE, post: 1150375, member: 10759"]Going back to what?

I think I am going to run a combo of fire and big bud and then fire and moab. Fire sure as hell bumps the quality up. My buds are super frosty right now.[/quote]
Going back to fire.... I've been trying to decide between fire/moab and hh/moab.. Fire is expensive....

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I would like to see someone do the Heavy 16 line vs Heavy 16 with Aptus, and I'm not talking Dutch Touch or Jackmayoffer, them guys kill it with Miracle Grow if needed. I'm talking about some of the guys here in this supper thread that are running just a few plants. I'm thinking about giving it another shot with the Aptus, right now trying to get a better price on the Shit, its very $$$

slumdog80

slumdog80

I had planed on doing a run of each as soon as I can start mono cropping my beds. Now that
I can get h16's full line for a significantly better price I am not so sure. I have been hopping
around with different lines too often to get things completely locked down.

I am pretty sure I would just find out that some strains prefer aptus/h16 and some prefer just
h16 anyway.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@oscar169 I have been planning a H16/Aptus run for a while now. I just took a hard hit financially so it will be a little bit.....but it is definitely on my agenda.

OK....I sent out a few PM's....but figured it would be a good idea to ask the question here as well to see what everyone else is doing.

FIRE/MOAB what rates are you running them?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@oscar169 I have been planning a H16/Aptus run for a while now. I just took a hard hit financially so it will be a little bit.....but it is definitely on my agenda.

OK....I sent out a few PM's....but figured it would be a good idea to ask the question here as well to see what everyone else is doing.

FIRE/MOAB what rates are you running them?

I have been kicking around the Idea of doing another round with the Aptus, then I said FUCK IT, I will be trying out the FIRE/MOAB, I ran the Hammer Head HH/MOAB combo back about a year or so ago and I Fucking ROCKED IT !!!!< So I'm going to order up some MOAB again and will be trying it with the Fire..:D

Also what rates is everyone doing with the Fire/MOAB ?????

moab-1kg-label.jpg

Last edited:
Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I also have to say I just went through the same thing. I ended up throwing some MOAB into the mix week 6 and 7 which definitely helped. I ran Fire the last week of veg also. I've had better results with H16 and Big Bud or Massive. I'll give it another go and see if I can get it dialed better. Still, things are turning out pretty good.

LAD day 50
View attachment 356736

Actually the Fire run came on really strong in the end. I'm going recant on my prior statement about better results with big bud or massive. Really liking the end product with Fire. I still think that the MOAB helped out though.

I used MOAB at full strength with 1/2 strength base for the last feed of the day. I feed 4x daily. The first 3 feeds are with the regular h16 combo last feed with MOAB. I eventually added 1ml/gal of Fire to the MOAB mix. This may be confusing but it works well for me. It's all automated but I do have to turn a ball valve to switch to the moab tank for that last feed.

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I would also like to know about the fire/big bud combo. Im very happy with the heavy 16 line. Its fuckin bomb! Goodjob bryce!
On my last run I ran Fire at 1ml starting a week before flip until the end of week 5. I also add Big Bud at week 2 and run it until week 5 as well. Then I hit them with the HH?MOAB combo week 6 and 7. Mind you that was a 9 week room.

Actually the Fire run came on really strong in the end. I'm going recant on my prior statement about better results with big bud or massive. Really liking the end product with Fire. I still think that the MOAB helped out though.

I used MOAB at full strength with 1/2 strength base for the last feed of the day. I feed 4x daily. The first 3 feeds are with the regular h16 combo last feed with MOAB. I eventually added 1ml/gal of Fire to the MOAB mix. This may be confusing but it works well for me. It's all automated but I do have to turn a ball valve to switch to the moab tank for that last feed.

That sounds pretty awesome Chron. I thought I had heard a few people say that bud development came on a little later using Fire....and now I hear it again from you....makes me feel a bit better about things.

Two days into the Fire/MOAB combo and they look as though they are starting to fatten up a bit. Time to start busting out the yo-yo's.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

On my last run I ran Fire at 1ml starting a week before flip until the end of week 5. I also add Big Bud at week 2 and run it until week 5 as well. Then I hit them with the HH?MOAB combo week 6 and 7. Mind you that was a 9 week room.

That sounds pretty awesome Chron. I thought I had heard a few people say that bud development came on a little later using Fire....and now I hear it again from you....makes me feel a bit better about things.

Two days into the Fire/MOAB combo and they look as though they are starting to fatten up a bit. Time to start busting out the yo-yo's.
The combo will put that last swell on them.. Best of luck.. The fire/Moab combo made me a believer...

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

I'm thinking this would be the same ratios that we all did with the HH/MOAB,

2.5 ml of Fire per Gal/ MOAB 1tsp to 5 Gallons

What were the numbers that you used ?
I went lighter early on... And maxed out at 2ml per gal, the Moab I tend to go a little less as to not burner them up...

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I went lighter early on... And maxed out at 2ml per gal, the Moab I tend to go a little less as to not burner them up...
Thanks for the info Bro..:)
I think I might just buy a 50 # bag of the 0-52-34, seems to be exactly what Mad Farmer is selling in their bottles,

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I got a gallon bottle at Home Depot for like 8 bucks.

Or you can go the dry route......
post a link the gallon your talking about, the other link for the dry is out of stock,

Top Bottom