IMG 1151
IMG 1152
IMG 1155
IMG 1157
IMG 1158
IMG 1159

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Think I am going to do the same thing here soon Oscar. I found MKP on ebay for cheap! Probably just get a 25lb bag though. At 70 bucks that is a steal.

I noticed that you have the OLD formulation of Fire.....you lucky dog!!! I did find a 4 liter on the shelf somewhere the other day...but I am cautious to use it as I know it has been sitting there for some time. Maybe I should give Bryce a call and ask him what the shelf life is on the OLD Fire.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I have one more 4 L of the old fire also..:D Just make sure you shake it real good before every use and you"ll be good, Yeah I'm stoked about the Fire/MKP combo you can't go wrong.
I bought that 50# of MKP and the a lid to keep it dry and have maybe $130.00 including the oxo jar I bought of Amazon:cool:, a little bottle of MOAB at the Hydro Store is like $50.00...:blackeye:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I guess I will have to swoop in on that 4 liter then. One of my best runs as far as quality and quantity was with the old formula.

Did you get your MKP from kelp4less?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Wassup HEAVY HEADS?? So been watching. .so instead of buying MOAB just grab the Vit B and that MKB?? What's the ratios?? Was about to grab moab till you Guys came with this BREAKTHROUGH. .ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!
MKP is pretty much the same thing as MOAB. The only thing different is they have B1 salts mixed in as well.

Same ratio....so usage would be the same. As far as how much b1 to add I am not sure.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

MKP is pretty much the same thing as MOAB. The only thing different is they have B1 salts mixed in as well.

Same ratio....so usage would be the same. As far as how much b1 to add I am not sure.

So do i NEED the B1? Gonna buy the MKB online would a store carry the MKB?? Or just stick to getting online? And Thanks Celtic! !!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So do i NEED the B1? Gonna buy the MKB online would a store carry the MKB?? Or just stick to getting online? And Thanks Celtic! !!
MKP....not MKB. Monopotasium Phospate. You can find it online through ebay or kelp4less.com

The b1 is just to keep your plants from being shocked....with that big of a jump in P and K it's probably best to add b1.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

MKP....not MKB. Monopotasium Phospate. You can find it online through ebay or kelp4less.com

The b1 is just to keep your plants from being shocked....with that big of a jump in P and K it's probably best to add b1.

Yeah my bad lol ok im on it...will update soon...doing a vertical scrog Heavy everything still have original Bottle of fire...Any word of why Bryce changed formula? ? Thanks again Celtic! !!

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Yeah my bad lol ok im on it...will update soon...doing a vertical scrog Heavy everything still have original Bottle of fire...Any word of why Bryce changed formula? ? Thanks again Celtic! !!

I can't remeber I though it had to do with the Labeling or some shit, Oh well the Fire/MKP Combo will more then make up for the different in the New vs the Old Formula..:cigar:

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I can't remeber I though it had to do with the Labeling or some shit, Oh well the Fire/MKP Combo will more then make up for the different in the New vs the Old Formula..:cigar:

Sounds Weird. Anyway i love the fire regardless. .by new yr i will have that recipes ingredients thanks to you guys. Trying to convert a soil buddy to heavy 16..

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
By Robert Cox, Horticulture Agent, Colorado State University Cooperative Extension

Many consumers assume that products on the store shelf must have been tested to prove their claims. Certainly, fertilizers have to meet nutrient content requirements, and pesticides are rigorously tested for safety before EPA registration.

For some other garden products, however, no such testing is required before sale to the public.

A good example is vitamin B1 (thiamine), often sold to "prevent transplant shock" and "stimulate new root growth" when planting trees, shrubs, roses and other plants. A study in the 1930's provided the basis for such claims. Pea roots cut off from the plant were placed in a culture medium in the laboratory.

The researchers knew that thiamine was normally found in roots, so they put thiamine in the culture medium and found that root growth did occur. Vitamin B1 is manufactured in 0lant leaves and sent to the roots, but if roots are cut off and placed in a petri plate, vitamin B1 stimulates growth of the roots when it saturates the culture medium.

Planting trees in a soil environment, however, is vastly different from a laboratory culture. Most important, gardeners aren't in the habit of cutting off the root system when planting. Several studies using intact mums, apple trees, orange trees, pine, tomato, beans, pepper, corn, pear, watermelon and squash have failed to demonstrate that vitamin B1 treatments provide any type of growth response.

Some "root stimulator" products contain a rooting hormone and fertilizer along with vitamin B1. These materials may increase rooting and growth, not the vitamin B1.

The bottom line: While root stimulator products are not necessary for transplant success, if you do use one, make sure it contains a rooting hormone and fertilizer rather than just vitamin B1. The vitamin B1 is for marketing purposes rather than actual effect.

I have been doing some reading, so far everything is saying that the B1 is not needed, So I'm going to run the 0-52-34 as is NO B1...:cigar:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm right there with ya Oscar. I've heard of lots of people just hitting things with the MKP and no b1 and having the same results as MOAB. Also heard that the addition of Hammerhead...or in our case Fire....isn't really necessary either.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm right there with ya Oscar. I've heard of lots of people just hitting things with the MKP and no b1 and having the same results as MOAB. Also heard that the addition of Hammerhead...or in our case Fire....isn't really necessary either.

When I did the HH/MOAB Combo Man that shit was good, I'm going with the Fire/MPK for now, may try later just the Heavy 16 Bases with just MPK, Man that would be a money saving deal if you didn't have to by the $$$$ FIRE..:cigar:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

When I did the HH/MOAB Combo Man that shit was good, I'm going with the Fire/MPK for now, may try later just the Heavy 16 Bases with just MPK, Man that would be a money saving deal if you didn't have to by the $$$$ FIRE..:cigar:
Reading through @dankworth's thread about salts and he seems to think that MOAB is a bit more like 90%MKP, 10%MAP, B1 and tricantonal. Just thought I would give you a heads up. I know FIRE has tricantonal in it though.

Top Bottom