Heavy 16 User Superthread

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kweezy420

kweezy420

Just got couple samples of heavy 16 fire when i ordered my base.. How strong is Fire? Do you cut your base 50% when you use it? Is Fire safe to use with other additives or should it be used only with base when watering with it?

Hope the heavy16 pros can help out!!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Just got couple samples of heavy 16 fire when i ordered my base.. How strong is Fire? Do you cut your base 50% when you use it? Is Fire safe to use with other additives or should it be used only with base when watering with it?

Hope the heavy16 pros can help out!!!
I use the fire as directed in the H16 feeding chart. It's like .5ml up to 2ml per gallon with each feeding.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

I use fire at 2 ml per gallon and keep my base at 8 mls each. 2 mls raises my tank about 125 ppm. There is no need to cut your base really. It's safe to use with any additive that isn't a pk booster. Their feed schedule says to run it a lot hotter, and it works, but I get the best flavor in coco keeping my solution around 1000 ppm or lower.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
You never need to pH if you mix it and let it set for 24 hours before using. The initial pH is around 4 and it takes me about 2.5 ml/gallon pH up to raise it for immediate use, which is an insane amount. Then within 48 hours ill have to add 1 ml/gallon pH down. If I mix it a day in advance, it rises t0 around 5.8 on its own and never gets above 6.3 before its empty.
Do u bubble your mix?

kweezy420

kweezy420

I use the fire as directed in the H16 feeding chart. It's like .5ml up to 2ml per gallon with each feeding.
I use fire at 2 ml per gallon and keep my base at 8 mls each. 2 mls raises my tank about 125 ppm. There is no need to cut your base really. It's safe to use with any additive that isn't a pk booster. Their feed schedule says to run it a lot hotter, and it works, but I get the best flavor in coco keeping my solution around 1000 ppm or lower.

Thx alot for the replies guys.. Do you guys add Fire every watering or is it a once a week thing? Im also planning to cut Fire and use big bud during weeks 2-4 and then switching back to Fire after...Wutcha guys think? I don't wunna be overdoing it..

kweezy420

kweezy420

I use a 1ml of rock Resinator per gal, from week 3 of flower till flush, with the fire, with good results. Feed, feed ,water. But never used bigbud.
Best of luck.
Thx for the tips bro.. very much appreciated.
Im in coco so i cant just use plain RO water.. But I do something somewhat similar (feed, base only with liquid karma, feed)

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Do u bubble your mix?
I used to bubble but I stopped this round after reading a few good opinions on this thread. I bubble when i'm mixing and for a few minutes before feedings but thats it anymore. I use pH up and then turn the air pump off.
Keeping the tank still seems to keep pH very stable. My old method works fine, but this one is more practical for me.

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

Just started H16 here, came from running the full line of Canna for years. This is also the first run I've ever used foliar feeding. If you follow the directions from Heavy 16's website and mix their Foliar with 1/2 ml of Fire, your girls will love it. I swear they exploded over night when I hit them with it on the start of the 2nd week.

I saw the success Jack had with Aptus and H16 with Cap's tea, so I bought the full line of H16 (except Roots), plus a "believer pack" of Aptus. I've been doing OGBiowar tea brew once a week, with foliar about every 3-4 days since flower and stopping after week 3.

I never backed off the base nutes when I started Fire. I just started with a lower dose and gradually increased it each week. I did back off the base nutes on every other feeding when I used aptus though. For example, if I was using 12ml/gal I'd back it off to 8 or 10ml. Nothing huge.

I'm running in straight coco, and I never had plants this green with Canna. I was having some Ca & K deficiencies before, and the H16 Foliar definitely helped. I haven't even used any Cal-mag plus this run. It's turning out to be my best yet.

MG

sonoragold

sonoragold

Just started H16 here, came from running the full line of Canna for years. This is also the first run I've ever used foliar feeding. If you follow the directions from Heavy 16's website and mix their Foliar with 1/2 ml of Fire, your girls will love it. I swear they exploded over night when I hit them with it on the start of the 2nd week.

I saw the success Jack had with Aptus and H16 with Cap's tea, so I bought the full line of H16 (except Roots), plus a "believer pack" of Aptus. I've been doing OGBiowar tea brew once a week, with foliar about every 3-4 days since flower and stopping after week 3.

I never backed off the base nutes when I started Fire. I just started with a lower dose and gradually increased it each week. I did back off the base nutes on every other feeding when I used aptus though. For example, if I was using 12ml/gal I'd back it off to 8 or 10ml. Nothing huge.

I'm running in straight coco, and I never had plants this green with Canna. I was having some Ca & K deficiencies before, and the H16 Foliar definitely helped. I haven't even used any Cal-mag plus this run. It's turning out to be my best yet.

MG
Hell yea,,,you will see results with h16...my plants have never been so green,,,the foliar is the bomb,,I mix it with 1 ml fire per liter using filtered water and 1/2 big bud worm casting with 10 ml of penetrator... I've also dropped my pm from 1800 to 1000 ppm..I love this stuff..

T

Tylrr420

How many ppms are u guys starting your clones with in coco? Are u guys doing the seedling/cuts chart with base at 4ml/gal or are u guys doing week 1 veg with 8ml/gal?

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

I start the base around 4 mls and run it up to 7 mls. I never take the flower base over 8 mls and do pretty well. The feeding schedule listed on the h16 website is way hotter than you need. I just weighed 2.2 lbs of headband from a light I pulled a couple weeks ago, and I never took it over 1000 ppm.

T

Tylrr420

Damn yeah I'm deff feedin way hotter than I have to. You are in coco right? I top my ppms out around 1700 which I thought was obserd but they say specifically that your not supposed to worry about ppm with there product as it is an mineral formuala or some shit. Which really fucked up my mind set lol cause when they used to call out the ppms on there feed chart I would mix the recipe to what it said for ml and do everything as they called and my ppms would always come out insanly high compared to what they said it should be and I would then proceed to water it back down..... Well back then I ran into a lot of ca- so I went with there word on the new feed chart and went all the way up to 14ml of base and I didn't get near as bad of deficiencys this time around peak flower

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Yeah I'm in coco. I saw how their chart says not to worry about ppm and just follow the dosage, but i have a hard time doing that. I use to run it hot and it worked ok but I was never too happy with the flavor. Now I run it lighter and the room seems to stink a little more. I dropped the RO water and calmag half way through this round because of water restrictions and had some real light purpling the last week, so I might bump up to 10 mls this next round with 225 ppm tap water.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i wonder if prime and fire would go well with dyna gro folaige pro or veg+bloom dirty? i also have maxi gro & bloom but im using floralicious plus,ful power and rapid start with the maxi series. im just doing some testing on different brands of nutes this year. i figured i could get the 250ml of prime and fire since its 1ml a gallon and would last a while on 3-4 plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom