Hello everybody

• Thread starter Lilolme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

Great set up, I like your tie down method. It spreads them out nicely.😃😃
She will be ready hopefully around May 1 I hope the hot weather holds off. The plan is to pack everything up after that till next November 1. Just too much trouble with ventilation, heat and humidity control, requires a lot more work than just adding a small electric heater and a humidifier and don’t have to worry about sealin up against sunlight.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
She will be ready hopefully around May 1 I hope the hot weather holds off. The plan is to pack everything up after that till next November 1. Just too much trouble with ventilation, heat and humidity control, requires a lot more work than just adding a small electric heater and a humidifier and don’t have to worry about sealin up against sunlight.
I hear you, I have only 2 months in the summer with high humidity that make it hard on buds. I killed a crop from bud rot 2 years ago so I bought a good de-humidifier and fixed most of the problem on last years crop. Vegging is fine through the high heat and humidity with lots of air flow and that's the plan this year, just veg through July and August and flip them come Sept.

I had almost 2 months this year of low humidity that was hard on both veg and flowering plants. I had 2 small humidifiers running 24/7 just to get it to 30%. I saw plans on building a swamp cooler to help with that problem next year. I'm trying to get the parts i need over this summer.

I find starting up again and getting everything going takes too much time from seed to harvest
( 5-6 months ) and then to have the full cycle ready to go another few months. I like to keep my 3 rooms active Seedlings & cuttings in my new light box, veg room, and flower room. Also if you want to keep certain strains running its hard to stop and go.

I believe over time I need to build an arsenal of equipment, tools and toys to combat adverse environment problems. Last year it was high humidity and this year low A swamp cooler is in the plans to fight that. Its always something but a great hobby with benefits😃😃.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I hear you, I have only 2 months in the summer with high humidity that make it hard on buds. I killed a crop from bud rot 2 years ago so I bought a good de-humidifier and fixed most of the problem on last years crop. Vegging is fine through the high heat and humidity with lots of air flow and that's the plan this year, just veg through July and August and flip them come Sept.

I had almost 2 months this year of low humidity that was hard on both veg and flowering plants. I had 2 small humidifiers running 24/7 just to get it to 30%. I saw plans on building a swamp cooler to help with that problem next year. I'm trying to get the parts i need over this summer.

I find starting up again and getting everything going takes too much time from seed to harvest
( 5-6 months ) and then to have the full cycle ready to go another few months. I like to keep my 3 rooms active Seedlings & cuttings in my new light box, veg room, and flower room. Also if you want to keep certain strains running its hard to stop and go.

I believe over time I need to build an arsenal of equipment, tools and toys to combat adverse environment problems. Last year it was high humidity and this year low A swamp cooler is in the plans to fight that. Its always something but a great hobby with benefits😃😃.
With me its the fact that I only need enough for me and I can do that with one small grow although I love cloning and tryin new stuff I would be giving away more than I keep

Lilolme

Lilolme

This grow came in at about 4 months takes about ten minutes to set up

Lilolme

Lilolme

I have only really blown it with one plant, I had it outside in the garden for a while then dug it up plopped it in a bucket of dirt and put it in the tub. Me bein me I screwed arand decided to see what cold temps did to her in flower. I denied the fact that that dying tip on the very top bud was a problem. That rot spreads with lightening speed, I hated throwin that whole plant into the burn barrel.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Its really is all about environment. But you have to stay on top of everything. One of the best things I did with me so inexperienced with growin right and gettin top shelf goodies with dwc was make draining and replacin the reservior super simple and pretty fast usin an $8 water pump and a little plumbing

Lilolme

Lilolme

Not surprisingly I am not happy with the advanced nutrients ph perfect stuff. I am admittedly a noob and have been riding the line between success and failure from the start of this grow. I am a few weeks, 3 or 4 maybe, from finish and have already been through the three quarts of the stuff in an effort to keep my ph which has been falling after a short amount of time. I was admittedly under feeding but am now in the 1500 ppm range and the plant seems to be accepting this very well. However my ph was under 5.0 this am which is causing me some concern. You cannot adjust the ph up with this stuff as it brings it right back down. I have quite a bit of questionably stored general hydroponics trio nutes left. The only component of the three that appear to be really bad is the green “grow”. The others have a kinda “fertilizer” smell while the grow has a spoiled milk smell that will take your breath away. I am almost out of nutes. With a better understanding of how I should be feeding I am once again faced with a delimma. I just ordered a quart of the grow stuff and am going to use the other two, micro and bloom that I have left. I used these nutes for most of the grow time and shes still here goin strong. I know I’m not but somebody please tell me I’m the smartest guy in the world and everything is gonna be ok.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Not surprisingly I am not happy with the advanced nutrients ph perfect stuff. I am admittedly a noob and have been riding the line between success and failure from the start of this grow. I am a few weeks, 3 or 4 maybe, from finish and have already been through the three quarts of the stuff in an effort to keep my ph which has been falling after a short amount of time. I was admittedly under feeding but am now in the 1500 ppm range and the plant seems to be accepting this very well. However my ph was under 5.0 this am which is causing me some concern. You cannot adjust the ph up with this stuff as it brings it right back down. I have quite a bit of questionably stored general hydroponics trio nutes left. The only component of the three that appear to be really bad is the green “grow”. The others have a kinda “fertilizer” smell while the grow has a spoiled milk smell that will take your breath away. I am almost out of nutes. With a better understanding of how I should be feeding I am once again faced with a delimma. I just ordered a quart of the grow stuff and am going to use the other two, micro and bloom that I have left. I used these nutes for most of the grow time and shes still here goin strong. I know I’m not but somebody please tell me I’m the smartest guy in the world and everything is gonna be ok.
Everything is gonna be OK

Lilolme

Lilolme

Ok so gotta do battle again. I have plenty of ph up but I hate to have to use it. If I change the res every couple of days I have enough of the AN ph perfect crap to last till next Tuesday when the GH nutes are supposed to get here. I noticed in my sample a lot of little root pieces floating around, this may be from having to separate the rootballs of the two plants I had in the bin leaving some root material from the plant that was removed and might be causing my ph dropping problem. I think I can manage but it really sucks so close to the end. Trics are startin to cloud up, maybe 50/50 cloudy/clear. I have left a lot of foliage on her and have considered just lettin her go on plain water till the end and consume the energy she has stored but that probly means limited growth goin forward. My last girl in dwc lived a month on plain water so I know it can be done. Guess I’ll just wing it from here and try to keep the ppm up in the 1500s cause she seems to like it while strugglin to keep the ph in range. It was 4.8 this mornin so somethins goin on. Dang it!

3379646D F8FE 4E68 B930 F5AF0526EF96
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I haven't read through the thread so I don't know if you know this or not but there was a guy named Aquaman that used to post here who pointed out that AN pH perfect only works properly with distilled or RO water. I know many people swear by it personally I wouldn't touch it with a stick; hope it works out for you, good luck!

Lilolme

Lilolme

I haven't read through the thread so I don't know if you know this or not but there was a guy named Aquaman that used to post here who pointed out that AN pH perfect only works properly with distilled or RO water. I know many people swear by it personally I wouldn't touch it with a stick; hope it works out for you, good luck!
Yea I specifically got this cause my spring water has very low ppm. Was 11 ppm today

Lilolme

Lilolme

Goin back with GH trio its been around a long time

Lilolme

Lilolme

Back to the GH trio only buying quarts. 6 month shelf life after its opened also warned about freezing during shipping so buy it at a store if you can

Lilolme

Lilolme

This sound scary but I am seriously considering mixing some water soluble miracle gro with some cal/mag epsome salts and flower fuel bud booster. She’s gettin plain water now. Tomorrow I’m gonna hit the two closest hardware stores to see if they have ANY kind of hydro nutes I hope they surprise me and have something!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I've got GH trio now, works fine for me, I may go to something different later but for now... amazon has 1 day shipping

Latest posts

Top Bottom