Hello everybody

• Thread starter Lilolme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

FWIW, if there is no obvious precipitated salts sloshing around the bottom of the bottles they're likely fine. I've used super old GH 3 part before and its never been an issue. Theres nothing to go bad in there if they're sealed up, just chelated minerals and water.
I’ve been chasin the ph more than I think I should have to and can’t find a good reason why, plus if I go over 400 ppm things just dont seem right. I’m a somewhat experienced noob I still have a lot to learn

Lilolme

Lilolme

All new growth starts out a lighter green, and purple stems can have many causes but I've never heard it attributed to a low nutrient level before? If you're having trouble with GH wait till you switch to AN!!🤦‍♂️ -good luck!
I checked the purchase date on the GH nutes, 2017. They’ve been in the shed most likely froze a couple of times and got extra hot in summer. Gave her a good plain water rinse, mixed the AN at half strength ended up at 650 ppm once the res stabilized. Didn’t adjust the ph so I could see if the nutes did that. Last check was 5.7 after a couple of days. I recently calibrated my meter but will do it again today in case it’s a little off. Plant really perked up I think my old nutes were questionable

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I checked the purchase date on the GH nutes, 2017. They’ve been in the shed most likely froze a couple of times and got extra hot in summer. Gave her a good plain water rinse, mixed the AN at half strength ended up at 650 ppm once the res stabilized. Didn’t adjust the ph so I could see if the nutes did that. Last check was 5.7 after a couple of days. I recently calibrated my meter but will do it again today in case it’s a little off. Plant really perked up I think my old nutes were questionable
I went a couple of years without growing and the left over GH nutes were left where it freezes sometimes. Being cheap I wanted to use them but my plants didn't like it at all. Leaves curled, got crispy and died off. I tossed out the old nutes bought more and my plants thrive now with the new stuff. I had filtered the particles out of the old nutes thinklng it was concentrate but it was just best to toss them. Too much time and effort to fk around with questionable nutrients that may damage your girls. imho😃

Lilolme

Lilolme

I went a couple of years without growing and the left over GH nutes were left where it freezes sometimes. Being cheap I wanted to use them but my plants didn't like it at all. Leaves curled, got crispy and died off. I tossed out the old nutes bought more and my plants thrive now with the new stuff. I had filtered the particles out of the old nutes thinklng it was concentrate but it was just best to toss them. Too much time and effort to fk around with questionable nutrients that may damage your girls. imho😃
You got that right! Still a bummer to ditch $100 worth of nutes I barely got to use. My fault though live and learn

Lilolme

Lilolme

Got the runt on the rack now, she’s (I hope still a she) 2 weeks in flower. Was under my crappy little lights and grew out a ton of big long branched fans during her stretch in addition to gaining length in her branches I left them alone till I got ready to tie her back good she’s bouncin back now from a major leaf removal. She’s got the better lights and new nutes now so I’m gonna see what I can do with her. Anybody else would have tossed her out from the day she germinated her stem looked like it had been damaged and she really struggled to get the seed hull off. Then I’m pretty sure she got nute locked very young. She fell well behind my other girl but I aint givin up I WILL get SOMETHING from her so far I have 100% success rate from my seed purchases.
D0564261 8834 439B 82E4 394E51783213
D6298EFB DA44 4284 95D4 75A634552C77
B7399AA8 9670 4627 B947 E4D9680F6ACD

Lilolme

Lilolme

FWIW, if there is no obvious precipitated salts sloshing around the bottom of the bottles they're likely fine. I've used super old GH 3 part before and its never been an issue. Theres nothing to go bad in there if they're sealed up, just chelated minerals and water.
I gave em the sniff test the green “grow” stuff is rank as hell the others not as much so

Lilolme

Lilolme

Busy today. I like to use what I got and the roll of thick pipe cleaner was kinda pricey. I did have 1000 ft of paracord, a bunch of hooks and a bunch of precut pieces of 1/4 inch heat shrink tubing. Screwed the hooks into the cord and secured with the heat shrink. Stole the idea for the golf tees from the old sailing ships, a marlin spike. No knots easy to adjust. Done with her for a while gonna let her do her thing. Lowered the light s a foot
F61887DE C315 4D6C A70F A00CB0178CAC
D3F5317A 3163 4865 A67B EAC87852046B
46D86AD2 62D7 405E B7E2 6CABF10A07E3

Lilolme

Lilolme

Forgot to add that the rack is on wheels I can move it around and get to the back should I need to

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Readin up on roots this stuff must work wonders for SOMEBODY to want it off the shelves so badly. View attachment 948661
😋😋😋Very nice set up for your single plant. Nice and clean, I'd like to go that (root) but I'd have to change my whole set up and have all 3 spaces interchangeable. If I had to start over for some reason that's definitely the way I'd go. Nice work

Lilolme

Lilolme

Being a scaredy-cat I mixed the first batch of advanced nutes ph perfect at half strength, adding hydro guard and cal/ mag as usual. Couple days later the ph began dropping below what I thought was acceptable so I called Advanced nutes again. Per the nice guy I talked to the ph perfect stuff is formulated to be used with RO water and already contains extra cal/mag so there is no need to add extra. At her age and stage he said full strength is necessary for the mix to self regulate the ph and I should top off the res with full strength mix only. Being a brave/stupid sort I am gonna use the nutes exactly as he directed I’m still gonna check the numbers but will make no adjustments other than to change the res weekly. Lets hope I don’t have to go lookin for that guy. Bubba Kush 5 weeks in flower.
D6868478 9200 4F21 94C8 D3EE6DBD3A52

Lilolme

Lilolme

I tied her back again tryin to get as much bud in the lights as I can, at this point its like tryin to herd cats. Pinched a few leaves as usual while I was at it man is she gettin sticky. I discovered this by accident one evenin while trimmin buds for curing, I had made pizza for supper and was eatin a slice with my super gummy fingers when I started tasting something strange. My fingers had gotten oily from the pizza and it was dissolving the sticky stuff on my fingers. Pepperoni oil. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is by far the best way to get that stuff off. Microwave two or three pieces and use the oil to soak fingers for a minute or two wipe it off then dawn dish soap and water. Eat pepperoni.
BFF195DF A1DD 420C 9914 E16B1463B4A1
552042B4 9C12 4739 9AF8 1577DB6E9A8D

Lilolme

Lilolme

Looking forward to harvest time, not in a hurry just planning ahead. My last batch I let hang a few days till the outside got a little crispy then into jars, remove from jars every day and into a big stainless steel bowl, stirred around a bit then back into jars. I actually over dried some so I did the hour in the jars with a piece of orange peel thing which did the trick. I used the bovida packets they seem to work very well. I had zero issues for the two years my stash lasted. Burped the jars frequently. I read the thread on here I aint gonna try the freezer thing. I am gonna make a little curing setup so they don’t dry too fast while hanging. My take on things is let the outside dry then slowly wick out the internal moisture till its evenly distributed throughout the bud. Cant wait to start sampling the popcorn buds and trim stuff while the curing takes place. 3 or so weeks till time to start checkin trics regularly. The plan is at the first sign of amber the one week flush then chop chop chop.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I tied her back again tryin to get as much bud in the lights as I can, at this point its like tryin to herd cats. Pinched a few leaves as usual while I was at it man is she gettin sticky. I discovered this by accident one evenin while trimmin buds for curing, I had made pizza for supper and was eatin a slice with my super gummy fingers when I started tasting something strange. My fingers had gotten oily from the pizza and it was dissolving the sticky stuff on my fingers. Pepperoni oil. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is by far the best way to get that stuff off. Microwave two or three pieces and use the oil to soak fingers for a minute or two wipe it off then dawn dish soap and water. Eat pepperoni.View attachment 949091View attachment 949092
Love it! I'm Pro-pepperoni🍕 ..great looking plant, as big as a hedge! Best wishes!

Lilolme

Lilolme

Just a heads up for those unfamiliar read up on the orange peel thing before you try it you dont want to let it go too long

Lilolme

Lilolme

The runt is beginning to take shape. The top branches that I “broke” and tied down have healed and have shown no ill effects. She has started to show signs of good healthy growth with the fresh nutrients and is just starting to frost a little, I was a little worried she wouldn’t due to all the stress she has endured. No nanners either. Only 3 weeks in flower so lots of growth still to come.
244E9894 BCBE 405F AA4B 5F5EC5A3515D
C35C46DA FDAD 4DF2 AF36 698D58EAC445
DD2D96BA 5365 41C7 9BEA 97F9FBEA7591

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The runt is beginning to take shape. The top branches that I “broke” and tied down have healed and have shown no ill effects. She has started to show signs of good healthy growth with the fresh nutrients and is just starting to frost a little, I was a little worried she wouldn’t due to all the stress she has endured. No nanners either. Only 3 weeks in flower so lots of growth still to come.View attachment 949360View attachment 949361View attachment 949362
Great set up, I like your tie down method. It spreads them out nicely.😃😃

Top Bottom