Hello everyone ! New person from Vegas

• Thread starter WavyVision
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420always420

Can Auto Flower be done in the Vegas climate? Maybe after last frost before it gets blazing hot?
Yes they can! I live outside of Vegas and have successfully grown autos and photos outside without a greenhouse. Most autos are done in 90 days or less. So if you plant them beginning of March should be ready before June. Photos grow well also look for genetics that prefer hot and dry. Original amnesia Haze auto is one. If you have healthy plants in veg and start to acclimate them over a week in beginning of June they'll do well through the summer. Kelp and silica are big to help strengthen the plant. If growing in a pot make sure is a light color or wrap with foil or anything reflective. Also adding 15-25% of native soil to mix will help the plant get better nutes and bugs(live in dirt no see em kind) for your environment.

IMG 20231030 124601 102
IMG 20231030 124619 456
IMG 20231029 154808 324
IMG 20231023 174340 367

Dm me or tag if you have any questions.

W

WavyVision

Im happy I found this site & started this thread. Actually been digging in on a bunch threads on here .Never did I know there was such a community of such knowledgable people. I was completely in the dark . Id have to say I confident to give it a go. I been taking notes & good to know that I can chat it up with you fellas . Went to Ace land race & like instructed scrolled to the bottom. Found the distributers in the US. That site Multiverse ... geez . Spent until sunup researching. Looks like I gotta narrow it down for on some seeds... sooo many. Now I gotta figure out the type of soil to use . Thanks again everyone! Im happy to be part of this.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Im happy I found this site & started this thread. Actually been digging in on a bunch threads on here .Never did I know there was such a community of such knowledgable people. I was completely in the dark . Id have to say I confident to give it a go. I been taking notes & good to know that I can chat it up with you fellas . Went to Ace land race & like instructed scrolled to the bottom. Found the distributers in the US. That site Multiverse ... geez . Spent until sunup researching. Looks like I gotta narrow it down for on some seeds... sooo many. Now I gotta figure out the type of soil to use . Thanks again everyone! Im happy to be part of this.
start out in pot than plant into the ground

W

WavyVision

Start In a pot in soil that has nutes then what? after they get eaten up ,supplement with synthetic nutes a few weeks out? Im not a Rocket Surgeon but I think I can figure this out

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Start In a pot in soil that has nutes then what? after they get eaten up ,supplement with synthetic nutes a few weeks out? Im not a Rocket Surgeon but I think I can figure this out
basically just getting the plant started,. say in a solo cup than when its ready to transplant, put it into the ground,.

W

WavyVision

basically just getting the plant started,. say in a solo cup than when its ready to transplant, put it into the ground,.
Should I get some sort of indoor lighting for the solo cup method , to start ? Keep it inside in the cup indoor , them move the sprout outside when it looks like its taking off? When I transplant into the ground should I pre dig a hole in my garden then load the dug hole with a soil. Put the transplant in that ?

W

WavyVision

I have teddy bear & buckhorn cactus that I just dug a small hole dropped them in & they love it. I also have a buckhorn that I put in a pot with cactus soil from Home Depot & that guy is looking extremely healthy. Obviously cactus different than cannabis ... but I got the idea..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m not sure they have what most people would consider, ground, in Las Vegas! I think if you’re going to plant in the ground you’re going to have to make a lot of ground! My ground is crap around here so I just go with at least 30 gallon light colored fabric pots. at least I can drag them around if I have to. And I would check with the guy above who grows in Vegas and see what he thinks. The larger pots give you more control over keeping the root zone cool which I think is half the battle when growing in the heat. And be careful when selecting a land race if that is the way you want to go. Some of them are pretty raggedy and scrawny and small producers. And some of them can produce a wide range of phenotypes! From high CBD to high THC. Kind of a crapshoot! If I busted my ass out in 100+ degree heat all summer and wound up with a high CBD pheno I would be pissed!

Last edited:
W

WavyVision

In my yard I have stone garden boxes . probably 2 feet wide x 2 feet deep x 40 ft long . it has whatever soil the previous owner had . That's where I got some cactus going. was gonna load it up with some sorta other soil... but I understand the fabric pots logic. my cactus in pots I move them around when needed .. . The other Vegas area person .. I reached out . he has some great information like the rest of you fellas

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It’s pretty obvious he is a commercial grower up in the triangle where it seldom exceeds 95°. morning fog in July! Add 15° and no moisture and you’ve got the north Sacramento valley and probably Vegas. The plants could no doubt handle it, but we have to work a little harder at it. he says they use the Iranian for breeding, and the second one might make some good smoke because of the frost. But it is Foxtail upon Foxtail. Which a lot of land races seem to look like. and I’ve learned you can’t tell the quality of a bud from a picture! But they are gorgeous plants, and would probably make some excellent hash! I’m still researching. The lack of stability in land races is concerning! But I am willing to pay my money, and take my chances on a few. Just for the sake of growing them. but a new grower might want a little more stability. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one Landrace pot. It sounds like those boxes might work. In my opinion, the first year or two for a new grower in an extreme environment is devoted to finding out what the hell works and what doesn’t lol so you wanna try a few different ways. Boxes and pots for example. But it will take five bags of happy frog, or OF to fill a 35 gallon bag so you have some expense upfront. But you can reuse the soil year after year. Just another little birdie going, chirp, chirp, chirp!😀 I would give my left nut just to stand next to, and talk to one of those land races he is growing!😂

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It’s pretty obvious he is a commercial grower up in the triangle where it seldom exceeds 95°. morning fog in July! Add 15° and no moisture and you’ve got the north Sacramento valley and probably Vegas. The plants could no doubt handle it, but we have to work a little harder at it. he says they use the Iranian for breeding, and the second one might make some good smoke because of the frost. But it is Foxtail upon Foxtail. Which a lot of land races seem to look like. and I’ve learned you can’t tell the quality of a bud from a picture! But they are gorgeous plants, and would probably make some excellent hash! I’m still researching. The lack of stability in land races is concerning! But I am willing to pay my money, and take my chances on a few. Just for the sake of growing them. but a new grower might want a little more stability. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one Landrace pot. It sounds like those boxes might work. In my opinion, the first year or two for a new grower in an extreme environment is devoted to finding out what the hell works and what doesn’t lol so you wanna try a few different ways. Boxes and pots for example. But it will take five bags of happy frog, or OF to fill a 35 gallon bag so you have some expense upfront. But you can reuse the soil year after year. Just another little birdie going, chirp, chirp, chirp!😀 I would give my left nut just to stand next to, and talk to one of those land races he is growing!😂
ive been reading from this landrace guy talking about landraces, field, feral, wild, inbred and so on says the guys at ace have put in the hard work to offer great versions

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I emailed the land race team. They responded! They ship to the US and take PayPal and credit cards, I think! Kind of a limited selection of ace seeds from the banks. What a selection at the land race team I have been swiping the slobber off of my phone all day! Probably go into shock when I see the price, but we will see! But the land race Team seems to be the place to go to get the pure Indica from the Middle East and elsewhere that hasn’t been hybridized in the least! To be honest, I’m not even interested in smoking it just sifting hash like your buddies in the hut! Lol!

420always420

Ace seeds and khalifa genetics both have prettystable lines. Foxtailing is common with some strains. The calyxes will stack and be airy instead of the dense indica buds so they will had foxtailing effect. Happy frog might be a little hot for landrace sativas. They usually need less nutes.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ace seeds and khalifa genetics both have prettystable lines. Foxtailing is common with some strains. The calyxes will stack and be airy instead of the dense indica buds so they will had foxtailing effect. Happy frog might be a little hot for landrace sativas. They usually need less nutes.
What do you grow successfully down there? Always interested in how other folks manage the heat. Might learn something watching you guys! Seen a few try it in Arizona desert usually without a lot of luck. but they usually give up after the first crash and burn and move indoors. I don’t see why you couldn’t do it. It’s just a tad cooler here.

Top Bottom