Hello everyone ! New person from Vegas

• Thread starter WavyVision
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420always420

What do you grow successfully down there? Always interested in how other folks manage the heat. Might learn something watching you guys! Seen a few try it in Arizona desert usually without a lot of luck. but they usually give up after the first crash and burn and move indoors. I don’t see why you couldn’t do it. It’s just a tad cooler here.
Like I said overgrow has an az growers thread. Look for strains that like hot and dry there is a few. Maybe google best desert strains. I had no issues like I said reflective pot or put into ground. Also have seen people put pots like 4-8 inches deep into ground to help keep cool. Biggest thing is have strong established plants and take a week to slowly introduce to heat before permeant outside. I grew sativas and indicas no issues at all.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I agree! I concentrate on keeping the root zone happy and the top half seems to follow along! Might have a little heat canoeing at the end of a 110° day. But they recover nicely overnight.

W

WavyVision

sounds like this season should be a learning cure for a few of us . Seems like this a continues never ending hobby. This arid hell on earth heat out here should be a challenge , but im up for it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hell yeah! Like anything else, you just have to start out with a firm foundation and work your way up from there! The worst that can happen is you get your ass kicked and go slinking into the house with your tail between your legs and start growing indoors😂

420always420

IMG 20231013 171258 921

420always420

I’m not sure they have what most people would consider, ground, in Las Vegas! I think if you’re going to plant in the ground you’re going to have to make a lot of ground! My ground is crap around here so I just go with at least 30 gallon light colored fabric pots. at least I can drag them around if I have to. And I would check with the guy above who grows in Vegas and see what he thinks. The larger pots give you more control over keeping the root zone cool which I think is half the battle when growing in the heat. And be careful when selecting a land race if that is the way you want to go. Some of them are pretty raggedy and scrawny and small producers. And some of them can produce a wide range of phenotypes! From high CBD to high THC. Kind of a crapshoot! If I busted my ass out in 100+ degree heat all summer and wound up with a high CBD pheno I would be pissed!
Ya you are right! Oaxacan string of pearls pheno! This one wasn't very special, but they have some really great string of pearls phenos.
IMG 20231029 154810 323
IMG 20231029 175556 907

Fabric pots work great and calechia and poof dirt is like cement. Mulch to keep top dirt cool. Also I wrapped my plastic pot with this reflective insulation. They have white fabric pots that reflects the sun as well.

420always420

No that was a kush cut that has been around since early 90's. I had a couple clones and wanted to see how would do outside. I had grown autos outside here with great success.
Black creme did well gg4 and super skunk autos. Also had a landrace indica cross. Ancestral skunk x Turkish hash plant! All did great.

W

WavyVision

Hell yeah! Like anything else, you just have to start out with a firm foundation and work your way up from there! The worst that can happen is you get your ass kicked and go slinking into the house with your tail between your legs and start growing indoors😂
Agreed.. figure take advantage of the sun . My energy costs are already astronomical… can’t imagine adding lights & other equipment. I’d like to go indoor during winter months but not cost effective or maybe it is considering the cost of dispensary bud

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Agreed.. figure take advantage of the sun . My energy costs are already astronomical… can’t imagine adding lights & other equipment. I’d like to go indoor during winter months but not cost effective or maybe it is considering the cost of dispensary bud
I hear you! That’s one of the reasons I don’t mess with it. Grow enough to play with all winter!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve tried the dappled! It just fucked my plants up! Stretch them! I don’t like any shade. I wish I could get rid of that there! I want all son all day! But it’s illegal here, so I have to be somewhat discreet!

W

WavyVision

I emailed the land race team. They responded! They ship to the US and take PayPal and credit cards, I think! Kind of a limited selection of ace seeds from the banks. What a selection at the land race team I have been swiping the slobber off of my phone all day! Probably go into shock when I see the price, but we will see! But the land race Team seems to be the place to go to get the pure Indica from the Middle East and elsewhere that hasn’t been hybridized in the least! To be honest, I’m not even interested in smoking it just sifting hash like your buddies in the hut! Lol!
Oh so the company direct method offers more than what you can get from say Multiverse Ace section?

W

WavyVision

Nice ya those color pots help with heat also see you have some trees that throw some shade. Also they only need 6-8 hours of direct light if in dappled shade will keep cooler and still thrive.
my house faces north . I know the back yard gets sun ALL DAY as well as the west side. Sometimes too much sun

Latest posts

Top Bottom