Hello everyone ! New person from Vegas

• Thread starter WavyVision
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WavyVision

Can Auto Flower be done in the Vegas climate? Maybe after last frost before it gets blazing hot?

W

WavyVision

Las Vegas, NV
Weather averages

OVERVIEW

GRAPHS

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain

January59° / 28°2 days

February66° / 33°

March72° / 39°

April81° / 45°

May90° / 53°

June102° / 61°

July107° / 67°

August104° / 66°

September96° / 57°

October83° / 46°

November70° / 35°

December60° / 27°

W

WavyVision

Never attempted, but finally got a house with enough outdoor space & privacy. I seen my friends do indoor hydro but wanna try some sorta soil project.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Las Vegas, NV
Weather averages

OVERVIEW

GRAPHS

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain

January59° / 28°2 days

February66° / 33°

March72° / 39°

April81° / 45°

May90° / 53°

June102° / 61°

July107° / 67°

August104° / 66°

September96° / 57°

October83° / 46°

November70° / 35°

December60° / 27°

have it finish end of october

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you can start from seed in march,. grow all year though be flowering through december january

W

WavyVision

That would be for a photoperiod correct? I’m worried summer temps would scorch them. Probably what the mesh shade comes in handy.. What about a fast auto flower? I’m getting , if you can run a full cycle photo in this region then the auto is a go? Sorry I’m green as an unripe banana …. If that’s so I may as well just run the gauntlet and do photo .

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That would be for a photoperiod correct? I’m worried summer temps would scorch them. Probably what the mesh shade comes in handy.. What about a fast auto flower? I’m getting , if you can run a full cycle photo in this region then the auto is a go? Sorry I’m green as an unripe banana …. If that’s so I may as well just run the gauntlet and do photo .
ya that why i said have it finish end of october as it can survive the heat through veg but flowering would be too much,.. geez im jealous i would definitely be growing sativa landraces!!

W

WavyVision

ya that why i said have it finish end of october as it can survive the heat through veg but flowering would be too much,.. geez im jealous i would definitely be growing sativa landraces!!
How do you get the veg period to prolong enough so it wouldn’t be to much heat during bloom? I understand how to do it indoor . Or does the plant naturally just know when the heat drops , shorter sun cycle & Its bloom time? Sounds like a sativa would be more tolerant to this region? At any rate I gotta get some seeds ordered

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
How do you get the veg period to prolong enough so it wouldn’t be to much heat during bloom? I understand how to do it indoor . Or does the plant naturally just know when the heat drops , shorter sun cycle & Its bloom time? Sounds like a sativa would be more tolerant to this region? At any rate I gotta get some seeds ordered
well an auto will grow veg from sprout to flowering in 6 weeks to 2 months give or take than start flowering,.
yes landrace sativa’s would be a dream to grow outdoors,

W

WavyVision

well an auto will grow veg from sprout to flowering in 6 weeks to 2 months give or take than start flowering,.
yes landrace sativa’s would be a dream to grow outdoors,
Just looked up landrace … never head of that term. Now I know . I see one of my favorites Durban Poision is one of the landrace strains. Every time it’s in a dispensary I get some . Stinky girl with great flavor. Anyhow thank you , I appreciate the help . I’ll be sure to be doing more research

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Honestly...the heat nearly destroyed my plants this summer. I would say start in March and watch for the heat in the summer temps. Btw welcome and happy growing!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
absolutely,.. sooo many landrace strains have terpenes and cannabiniods that are only found within these strains and are not saved during breeding or alter from breeding if someone used it for breeding, some have such high levels of THCP (stronger the thc) that all this breeding stuff is missing out on and soo much more, the plants are more resistant/resilient to pest and molds, the plants have had 100’s of years to develope all of its terpenes and cannabiniods that go beyond all the breeding stuff that really just breed it out of existence,..
i see sooo many people with these seeds collections from breeders, why in hell would you want that if anything i would have a landrace seed collection as some of these strains will become extinct as populations grow etc etc,..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
for just a quick look, google “ace landrace seeds” click on a strain and read the description, some are really in depth while some are not,. than you can take it from there with research,..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My temps average about nine or 10° cooler than yours and I manage to blunder my way to the finish line every year! I don’t know if that’s a fatal nine or 10° in your case or not! I guess you’ll have to give it a whirl!
IMG 2958

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
absolutely,.. sooo many landrace strains have terpenes and cannabiniods that are only found within these strains and are not saved during breeding or alter from breeding if someone used it for breeding, some have such high levels of THCP (stronger the thc) that all this breeding stuff is missing out on and soo much more, the plants are more resistant/resilient to pest and molds, the plants have had 100’s of years to develope all of its terpenes and cannabiniods that go beyond all the breeding stuff that really just breed it out of existence,..
i see sooo many people with these seeds collections from breeders, why in hell would you want that if anything i would have a landrace seed collection as some of these strains will become extinct as populations grow etc etc,..
100%!!! I hate to be that guy but at some point triple berry Obama blast quadruple chili power up kush needs to go away. I like the weed that knocks my dick in the dirt and puts me to sleep : )

Top Bottom