help!!! bud rot!!! help!!!

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nomads Landing

Nomads Landing

We lost 15 lbs to mold one year. Yeah get that moldy shit out, it will contaminate everything. When your cutting your moldy nugs it is recommended to cut 2-4 inches beneath the spot. It will spread, it will continue to spread in your dry. If it is worms, for us it was coddling moths, whose larvae can be seen on top of the nugs when the sun comes up in the morn. Now we just fight early morning condensation drips.

B

Bangarang

So the mold lives in the stalk and it all it needs is the right conditions to start growing??? I am indoors and can not seem to win this battle. Anyone ever heard of or used Flint?

mr roboto

mr roboto

Smallzz

Smallzz

Eagle 20 that shit. If you don't need a MOPP 4 suit to apply it, then you're not taking life seriously enough. :p :D

Smallzz

Smallzz

I'm also pretty sure it isn't legal for sale in most of the states that people do OD in, hence the :p face and the MOPP 4 joke.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

next time just water and foliar spray with regalia. Works great for me and you will never have pm problems. kinda of pricey though. I think i'd but my balls up on the chopping block for this stuff!! http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

Thanks for the recommendation man, I'll be sure to check it out. You referred to PM problems, I don't know if PM a mandatory symptom of rot but I didn't see any PM during the entire grow, if it is considered to be mandatory, it skipped that stage a jumped straight to bud rot.

Btw, I finished harvest a couple of days ago, not because of rot but mainly because they finally looked ready to me, plus rain is starting to get strong over here, I have about 60% of the crop hanging to dry right now.

bottom line is I did lose considerable weight due to rot, I havea total of about 7-10% rotted buds that are still smokable but look awful.

This was a real lesson for next S. I'm gonna take protective measures against PM and rot from early stages of the grow, but that's for another couple of months or so..., right now I'm just chillin, smoking my way into the guinness book of records :wacky:

mr roboto

mr roboto

Thanks for the recommendation man, I'll be sure to check it out. You referred to PM problems, I don't know if PM a mandatory symptom of rot but I didn't see any PM during the entire grow, if it is considered to be mandatory, it skipped that stage a jumped straight to bud rot.

Btw, I finished harvest a couple of days ago, not because of rot but mainly because they finally looked ready to me, plus rain is starting to get strong over here, I have about 60% of the crop hanging to dry right now.

bottom line is I did lose considerable weight due to rot, I havea total of about 7-10% rotted buds that are still smokable but look awful.

This was a real lesson for next S. I'm gonna take protective measures against PM and rot from early stages of the grow, but that's for another couple of months or so..., right now I'm just chillin, smoking my way into the guinness book of records :wacky:
it will work with bud rot also

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
eagle 20 is poison plus it sucks

It's myclobutanil and the real issue with it is resistance. From the quick reading I'm doing on the Regalia, resistance may also eventually be an issue.

Advanced, Broad Spectrum Disease Control The REGALIA® family of advanced biofungicides help to improve plant health and trigger a plant’s natural defenses to control a broad spectrum of agronomically important fungal and bacterial diseases. Active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, REGALIA biofungicides are proven to make protection programs better by improving pest control, enhancing plant growth, and increasing yield on a vast array of crops against a wide range of diseases. Featuring multi-site activity and complex mode of action, they delay the development of resistance and used in late-season application, they help minimize chemical residues in harvested produce. Highly versatile and effective, REGALIA biofungicides are ideal choices for broad spectrum disease control and fungicide resistance management programs. - See more at: http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/#sthash.kkrzIlud.dpuf

Gotta read more.... fascinating, so it's not Reynoutria sachalinensis itself, it's an extract of. I find myself curious about the delayed resistance bit. That's the main issue I have with E20. This looks like a pretty good product. What's the dosing rate on it?

mr roboto

mr roboto

It's myclobutanil and the real issue with it is resistance. From the quick reading I'm doing on the Reglia, resistance may also eventually be an issue.

Gotta read more.... fascinating, so it's not Reynoutria sachalinensis itself, it's an extract of. I find myself curious about the delayed resistance bit. That's the main issue I have with E20. This looks like a pretty good product. What's the dosing rate on it?
It's myclobutanil and the real issue with it is resistance. From the quick reading I'm doing on the Regalia, resistance may also eventually be an issue.

I am using 10ml/gallon for watering and going a lil lighter @6ml/gallon for foliar to prevent hps burn.....this is a waaaay better alternative to asprin also

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How'd you come across it, again? It's approved for organic production, and thus OMRI listed, so that really goes in its favor, IMO. :)

mr roboto

mr roboto

How'd you come across it, again? It's approved for organic production, and thus OMRI listed, so that really goes in its favor, IMO. :)
I came across it from battleing a broad mite infestation and found out this was what was needed to help repair the damage done. Also was told to say goodbye to soil born diseases bud rot and pm. Also when you foliar feed mother plants you get massive root growth from the cuttings. It doesnt mess with ph much like nutes also

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

hey guys i know this is a old thread but i just recently found out about this product..is anyone here still using this stuff? i went thur a bad case of bud rot last year out here on the east coast so im looking to add this to my IPM this year..alot of the bud rot though come from wrong strain choices last year and no IPM..im looking to make my plants some outdoor tanks this year lol got silica,aloe,neem& karanja,actinovate,sns244c,chitosen and greencure.. it may seem overkill but i lost 75% of my harvest last year and its something i dont want to go thur again..i picked outdoor proven strains this year as well..thanks farmers

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

hey guys i know this is a old thread but i just recently found out about this product..is anyone here still using this stuff? i went thur a bad case of bud rot last year out here on the east coast so im looking to add this to my IPM this year..alot of the bud rot though come from wrong strain choices last year and no IPM..im looking to make my plants some outdoor tanks this year lol got silica,aloe,neem& karanja,actinovate,sns244c,chitosen and greencure.. it may seem overkill but i lost 75% of my harvest last year and its something i dont want to go thur again..i picked outdoor proven strains this year as well..thanks farmers
I'd say drop the actinovate and get some OGBiowar Foliar. It has the same thing....plus lots of other goodies.

I lost about 70% of an outdoor crop due to caterpillars a few years back....and it is heart breaking.....so I feel ya.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i been reading up more on this regalia and im gonna get it to add to the arsenal..ya man its heartbreaking to go to ur plot and see fkn brown rot all over the place..ive seen mycostop is suppose to be good for botrytis as well..i already got the actinovate so i will just use it,but hopefully my IPM this year will hold it off..hopefully the IPM program and also to induce SAR/ISR with along with the silica will be enuff to keep this damn spore from being alble to germinate

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

i been reading up more on this regalia and im gonna get it to add to the arsenal..ya man its heartbreaking to go to ur plot and see fkn brown rot all over the place..ive seen mycostop is suppose to be good for botrytis as well..i already got the actinovate so i will just use it,but hopefully my IPM this year will hold it off..hopefully the IPM program and also to induce SAR/ISR with along with the silica will be enuff to keep this damn spore from being alble to germinate
I know temps and humidity have a lot to do with boytritis as well. If you're outdoor you don't have much control over that though.

Definitely look into the full OGBiowar arsenal. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Add isopropyl alcohol to that arsenal.

below frigid

below frigid

Back in I think it was 2008. We had the rainiest October since 1962. Like 6 inches over three days. I knew the storm was coming so I hit them with Actinoivate. I got very little rot. I only hit them once. I think if you hit them a couple of times, starting maybe 6 weeks to a month before harvest and again a few weeks before would go a long way for preventative measures.

Top Bottom