help!!! bud rot!!! help!!!

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Back in I think it was 2008. We had the rainiest October since 1962. Like 6 inches over three days. I knew the storm was coming so I hit them with Actinoivate. I got very little rot. I only hit them once. I think if you hit them a couple of times, starting maybe 6 weeks to a month before harvest and again a few weeks before would go a long way for preventative measures.
i have read alot of good things about actinovate which is why i picked it up
I know temps and humidity have a lot to do with boytritis as well. If you're outdoor you don't have much control over that though.
ya the humidity is brutal here in the south usa..it stays at nearly 100% from mid june to mid sept..it might drop to 80-85% on a good day lol its just horrible only strain that i have grew so far that loves this climate is the delahaze
Definitely look into the full OGBiowar arsenal. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.....
i totally agree bro thats why im going to war with this damn spore this year
Add isopropyl alcohol to that arsenal.
thx seamaiden how would i use this mix in spray bottle and mist it on? i also have greencure,sns244c,neem& karnaja oil for veg,aloe cera for SA and induce Sar,chitosen for ISR inducing and now regalia..i know it may seem like overkill but i want to have everthing on hand just in case i see signs of it..hopefully with the IPM,silica and all outdoor proven strains for humid areas that i will see little rot..last year it got very rainy starting in aug and rained 3-4 times a week thur mid sept with alot of overcast days in there and it was severe..its uslly dry as bone here from july thur mid sept so i was caught off guard..in 2012- 2013 i grew all kinds of indoor strains og kush,kandy kush,white widow and all finished fine here with maybe 5% rot and i didnt use no prevention sprays or silica..i went into the 2014 season with a "i know it all attitude" but really didnt know shit after i have read ever day for 12-14 hrs a day from sept till now..i have studied hard on botrytis and how that spore worked and now i feel i am alot better prepaired for this year then i was in 2014..it was a very humbling experience and now im glad it did happen bc i realized that i was doing 90% of everthing wrong in the first place.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, mix in a spray bottle, or just plop a sprayer head onto it and use that for disinfection of tools as well as treatment for the plant.

It's not overkill, it's having your ducks in a row and I KNOW you think like me--better to have it on hand and not need it, than to not have it and need it yesterday.

Are you changing up your strains? The heavier Satties are going to tolerate more rain and moisture than the Afghanis.

Just remember that your treatment plan once they start budding is what's really important here, and alternate the Bt with Spinosad for the caterpillars. You could also experiment with planting trap crops; EG colored corn near your more purple girls, to help draw moths away from them and onto the trap plants. I don't know a whole lot about trap plants, though, just learned that little tidbit last time I was growing a super-purple strain and someone mentioned that to me.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Yes, mix in a spray bottle, or just plop a sprayer head onto it and use that for disinfection of tools as well as treatment for the plant.

It's not overkill, it's having your ducks in a row and I KNOW you think like me--better to have it on hand and not need it, than to not have it and need it yesterday.

Are you changing up your strains? The heavier Satties are going to tolerate more rain and moisture than the Afghanis.

Just remember that your treatment plan once they start budding is what's really important here, and alternate the Bt with Spinosad for the caterpillars. You could also experiment with planting trap crops; EG colored corn near your more purple girls, to help draw moths away from them and onto the trap plants. I don't know a whole lot about trap plants, though, just learned that little tidbit last time I was growing a super-purple strain and someone mentioned that to me.
yes exactly last year when all this shit started i think i could have saved 2 crops if i would have had the greencure on hand..i ordered it on saturday and didnt get it till thursday,so when we are dealing with this shit a matter of hours matter imo..
we dont have cats here that im aware of..i been growing outdoor since the mid 2000s and i have never seen one or had the damage of them crawling into the buds & stems like i have seen some pics of on the canna fourms,but thanks u for the advice as im always willing to learn something new

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

yes im changing up all strains except the delahaze..thats only strain i have grew here that has zero rot since i started ordering offline in 2012..this year im going with delahaze,the church,serious 6,biddy early,blueberry headband,frisen dew,heribei,greenpoison fast version and a few wild cards critical jack,rotten panda,jacky white amd blue kush..some these are just single seeds except the first 5 i mentioned and i bought packs of those..i have a few back ups as well in case the single seeds dont pop and they are easy sativa,purple maroc,sweet purple and NLxBB..i talked to world of seeds and they said that their NLxBB is bery resitant to mold and humidity but i cant find any info on it. i got it as a freebie with my order..

i been reading about the regalia and im definalty getting that stuff friday..also bud factor x for the chitosen thats in it,and if it helps get more trichs well thats just a added bonus bc im really only useing it for acitvation of SAR..chitosen also bursts the cell walls of fungi..i read that anyone that uses chitosen has a 60-70% less chance to get infected by botrytis..im not sure if that study was 100% accurate but i will use anything organic if i just get a 10% less chance to get that fkn spore..between botrytis and leaf spot it nearly wiped out everthing i had and its not something i want to go thur again..
im also gonna be testing out 100% organic growing as i bought me 16 gallons of true living soil..i was gonna just buy the nutrient kit and mix it myself but i didnt want to fk it up and then be turned away from organics bc of my own mistake,so i will see how that goes this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom