Help finding seeds in US

• Thread starter Thedanibaby89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey i have a few questions, if you dont mind. When i first learned about growing and risks of ordering seeds, nutes, equipment, etc.. It was things my dad told me who also was growing at the time. He had a small personal closet grow. I have a small set up also, 2×4×6. From what he said, the only risk was customs seizing the seeds and you may get a letter in the mail saying so, but no knock at the door for a small amount of seeds. Like they have bigger fish to fry, is what he was saying basically. And not to tell anyone...
So my question is, was he wrong? Ive ordered everything from the tent, nutes, seeds, everything through the web and shipped through post office and ups. A lot of my gear came from amazon, but not all of it. Should i shut my grow down, pack my gear up, and relocate my seeds? Im in flowering now. Im Not in a legal place.. This is got me paranoid as hell cause im realizing my pops may have been wrong and i might be in a bad spot just waiting for that knock at my door😳
Thanks for any knowledge on the matter!!!

You should be ok, he said that because it is a safety measure. Just in case the seeds get confiscated, they now know the location of your grow op. Since you got the seeds safely, they don't know about it. In 2021, the feds are focused on fentanyl and other dangerous drugs, credit card fraud, etc. not so much a guy growing a couple plants in his closet. I'm not saying you are 100% safe, but I wouldn't relocate just because you bought equipment and seeds online, especially since you got everything safely.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
The law here considers seeds a novelty item.Totally legal to order and possess..only illegal when you sprout them.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

You should be ok, he said that because it is a safety measure. Just in case the seeds get confiscated, they now know the location of your grow op. Since you got the seeds safely, they don't know about it. In 2021, the feds are focused on fentanyl and other dangerous drugs, credit card fraud, etc. not so much a guy growing a couple plants in his closet. I'm not saying you are 100% safe, but I wouldn't relocate just because you bought equipment and seeds online, especially since you got everything safely.
The only other thing im worried about is my bank seeing charges from weed/growing products and maybe the post office seeing the senders info on the mail, such as " The hydro blah blah store" and the address. (Some of the nutes i ordered had grow related names on it.) I know that all that stuff is perfectly legal, so i guess what im trying to say is, if the postal service itself or ups, etc realizes grow related packages are going to an address, are they legally allowed to snitch? Could my bank do that? I would think there's confidentiality rules in place, but i don't know either way. Its the local cops gettin tipped off that im worried about. Some places cops dont have much action an theyll turn something small into something big just to make it look like "A big bust".. small town shit, ya know lol. Just making sure im good. I have my setup pretty stealthy, but after this grow im thinkin bout shutting it down till i find a more suited residence to do it at. My landlord sold the property a couple months ago and i dont know how "involved" this one is going to try to be. He might wanna see the inside of his newly purchased properties and thats got me a little worried also..

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

The law here considers seeds a novelty item.Totally legal to order and possess..only illegal when you sprout them.
Incorrect. A guy here just had his seized by US Customs at FedEx in Memphis. All he has now for his $150 is the seizure notice. The laws are too vague and the authorities don’t care what it says. Buy American and avoid US Customs altogether.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Heeeeeey y’all!

Anyone have any good info on seeds for America?

Just popped two beans from
ilgm.com and they both germed and basically rotted :( have 15 more coming from there so I hope it was a fluke 😭😫😭😫😭

Any advice is welcomed ! 🙏🏼
I got 10 seeds from ILGM and not 1 of them sprouted. I bitched about it and went back and forth through emails with them until they finally sent me 10 of the same kind i originally ordered. The first one i tried sprouted.. what are the odds? I feel like maybe they have old seeds they try to push instead of takin the loss. Thats coming from someone that knows nothing about the ins and outs of the "seed industry". I ordered some from North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC) and had no problems.

growsince79

growsince79

The only other thing im worried about is my bank seeing charges from weed/growing products and maybe the post office seeing the senders info on the mail, such as " The hydro blah blah store" and the address. (Some of the nutes i ordered had grow related names on it.) I know that all that stuff is perfectly legal, so i guess what im trying to say is, if the postal service itself or ups, etc realizes grow related packages are going to an address, are they legally allowed to snitch? Could my bank do that? I would think there's confidentiality rules in place, but i don't know either way. Its the local cops gettin tipped off that im worried about. Some places cops dont have much action an theyll turn something small into something big just to make it look like "A big bust".. small town shit, ya know lol. Just making sure im good. I have my setup pretty stealthy, but after this grow im thinkin bout shutting it down till i find a more suited residence to do it at. My landlord sold the property a couple months ago and i dont know how "involved" this one is going to try to be. He might wanna see the inside of his newly purchased properties and thats got me a little worried also..
Where do you live? Just make a road trip to a free state and get what you want.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Incorrect. A guy here just had his seized by US Customs at FedEx in Memphis. All he has now for his $150 is the seizure notice. The laws are too vague and the authorities don’t care what it says. Buy American and avoid US Customs altogether.
Thats what ive always been told. Its illegal but they just seize it and wont come arrest you.. i think the "novelty" thing is a loophole that allows the seedbanks to sell the seeds without getting in trouble. Kind of like buying paraphernalia thats called something else, but soon as you leave the head shop it goes from bein a tobacco pipe to an illegal weed pipe.. paraphernalia

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The weed stores and hydro stores here all sell them. No med card needed.

Laws are left up to the states. So what could happen varies state to state and even more town to town. If you live in a town with an old school Christian republican ultra conservative sheriff watch out!

here a few years before the rec vote a fireman was busted and jailed and fired from his job for growing plants with a med card legally.

Lost his kids and everything while following the letter of the law.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Dont know about Tennessee.Ive ordered a shitload of seeds over the years,researched the law carefully.If the feds catch them coming into the country i guess its possible.The cops here are after meth and opioid idiots.Hardly ever a weed bust of any kind around here.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Laws are left up to the states. So what could happen varies state to state and even more town to town. If you live in a town with an old school Christian republican ultra conservative sheriff watch out!

here a few years before the rec vote a fireman was busted and jailed and fired from his job for growing plants with a med card legally.

Lost his kids and everything while following the letter of the law.
Yeah i live in the south... Thats why im worried 🤠🚔

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I’ve ordered $1000s in seeds from attitude in Europe and all but one arrived fine. The odd ball was my fault. I screwed up the address. They resent and all was well. I’ve ordered from 207 genetics and ilgm. 206 and ilgm were both very inconsistent. 5 plants each time w at least 4 very diff phenotypes and some real shitty bud out of three plants. I’ve had some real good luck w attitude sending me breeders packs of super skunk and blue cheese and kosher kush. Still some diff pheno but mostly very solid genetics. I love anything from Barney’s Farm or sensi seeds.

Currently running some skunk no1 from sensi and a handful of autos from 207 and again the 207 stuff is real hit or miss re their cheese and blueberry stuff.

But absolutely don’t sweat the USPS.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Dont know about Tennessee.Ive ordered a shitload of seeds over the years,researched the law carefully.If the feds catch them coming into the country i guess its possible.The cops here are after meth and opioid idiots.Hardly ever a weed bust of any kind around here.
I’ve jogged three orders loose from Customs at OHare by filing a complaint online with the USPS. All 3 times I got my orders. All 3 times I got requests from the USPS asking if I was happy and would I please complete a survey. You bet I will. And did. It’s still illegal as far as the DEA.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

An individual person at the bank is not looking over your bank statements, not that I know of anyways. I've heard of a European buying a $10,000 pill press for his illegal op and the company he bought it from told the authorities and he ended up getting busted, but that was Germany and it is very suspicious for an individual to buy a pill press capable of 1000's of pills per hour. I think and it will almost never happen because you are spending a few hundred dollars on a grow light or tent.

I bought seeds online with a Zelle payment from seedsman in Europe and I was told to send it to this specific person and not to mention seeds. So the Canadian and European seedbanks that I have used that ship to the US have companies and names setup as a way to accept the money without linking it to the seedbank. Another example, I just bought seeds from a Canadian seedbank and sent them a money order, I leave the pay to the order of blank because they will write in whoever or whatever company they want that is not connected to the seedbank. Hope this helps you.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Supreme seeds.com, DC seed exchange, Seeds here now, 420 new seed guy, Methisto usa autos only will open again mon april 19th, Growers choice, Mosca seeds, Crop king US, Great lakes genetics, Nirvana ect ect ect.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I would not recommend Crop King at all. Enough weird phenos that it’s AKA Crap King. Now I’ll hear everyone’s fawning story about how CK came through with brilliant genetics.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

I would not recommend Crop King at all. Enough weird phenos that it’s AKA Crap King. Now I’ll hear everyone’s fawning story about how CK came through with brilliant genetics.
I feel ya as far as hit and miss seed companies goes. Ive only ordered seeds from 3 places so far, but with that bein said, i ordered from ILGM a while back. Before i got my package i looked up some reviews. Terrible germ rates is what i kept seeing. Sure enough not 1 of my banana kush auto beans sprouted out of 10. I bitched about it till they sent 10 more of the same kind. The first one sprouted...

Top Bottom