Help!!! First time grower !!!! Please…

• Thread starter TurboHoney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We NEVER spray the plant unless we are treating it for something, and then we immediately clean any residue.
Plants breathe thru their leaves and roots.
Your plant was only breathing thru the roots and it was not enough to support the entire plant.
When you spray the plant, you tend to block the pores it's breathing thru.

Only feed in the soil. I know guys that claim foiliar feeding is the real secret, but I don't think so.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The roots looked good, thin but healthy. They just were not enough to support the rest of the plant.
Now that we know what happened, it easily fixed. DONT SPRAY YOUR PLANTS with anything except pure water.
And never spray while the lights are on.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
To each their own. I like my foliar applications in veg.
this one seems like a closed case. I’m guessing high ppm feeding with underwatering. Toxic growing media.
should always water to the point of runoff.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

We NEVER spray the plant unless we are treating it for something, and then we immediately clean any residue.
Plants breathe thru their leaves and roots.
Your plant was only breathing thru the roots and it was not enough to support the entire plant.
When you spray the plant, you tend to block the pores it's breathing thru.

Only feed in the soil. I know guys that claim foiliar feeding is the real secret, but I don't think so.
That might be the reason for the leafs being silky you think 🤔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just feel if you can feed through the roots there is no need unless you want to boost uptake of something quickly. Like treating a deficiency or previously mentioned..... especially as a new grower

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Wish I would have seen the op post from start.
should have been flushed out. Pics are bad, and tough to see and know all the perimeters, but a 500 ppm flush feeding and backing off the lights for a bit would have been helpful.

growsince79

growsince79

To each their own. I like my foliar applications in veg.
this one seems like a closed case. I’m guessing high ppm feeding with underwatering. Toxic growing media.
should always water to the point of runoff.
I used to spray very young plants with seltzer water. It really seemed perked em up. As long as you know what you're doing, foliar feeding can work good. Just dim/raise the lights and put a fan on to dry before lowering the lights.
I lived in a much drier climate back then. I don't spray anything on my buds ever. I'll throw em away before I do that.

Top Bottom