Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank707

Tank707

I thought you needed 3-5' between your lights and canopy with gavitas? I use old school xxxl hoods and stretch mine out and lollipop them all. Smallest flower is like 2g on the whole plant

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Don't believe that bull shit. I go buy feel with the gavitas. Put the back of your hand rite above the plant nearest the the fixture then you can tell how close to keep it.

Tank707

Tank707

Totally it's all about temp control. I set up a medical coop in Oregon last year that had 650 1150w gavitas and they had em like 7' above the canopy!!

Tank707

Tank707

That's what I thought. They do just under 200 every 2 weeks and supply 8 dispensaries in Oregon

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
That's what I thought. They do just under 200 every 2 weeks and supply 8 dispensaries in Oregon
I'm in Oregun, Beaverton a suburb west of the shit hole they call Portland. Man to have a operation like that you could double production. They got some kind of rocket scientist running that show.

Tank707

Tank707

Yeah this was just outside of Portland, Hillsboro area. YeAh over 25,000 square feet of just garden. 7000 square foot flower rooms

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah this was just outside of Portland, Hillsboro area. YeAh over 25,000 square feet of just garden. 7000 square foot flower rooms
I grew up in hillsburito, 15 minute drive from my house. That tells the hole story there bud of 7'. the owner must be from forest grove. The new pick up line in Hillsboro "you sure do have a nice tooth" haha. Check this out end of week 7 ladies are lookin good. Managing mite infest sucks.

Tank707

Tank707

Hell yeah looks fire man. That room has a 6' ceiling? How come you don't trellis them?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hell yeah looks fire man. That room has a 6' ceiling? How come you don't trellis them?
To big it's easier for me to work. I just stake and hang. I like to rotate daily not just in place but positioned thought the room. I do trellis my outdoor. 8' rafters are exposed.

Tank707

Tank707

I wish my home took better pictures. Fucking iPhones. Here's some of my honey cookies.

Doc G

Doc G

wait a minute 6 foots ceilings!?!?!? i thought u were in 9 or 11ft ceilings or is that a different room?

Doc G

Doc G

Don't believe that bull shit. I go buy feel with the gavitas. Put the back of your hand rite above the plant nearest the the fixture then you can tell how close to keep it.

So on average what distance from the top of the canopy has been optimal for you>???

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
When you say 6-8 weeks that from the time the cut was taken? or is that 6-8 wks from the time you root?
When there rooted and are in 3 gallon pots. That's when I start pre veg. Then transfer to 20 gallon pots I'm in full veg I start at 550w for a couple weeks then increase wattage till I hit 750. Then to flower at 1000w. I'm vegging the exact same strains that I'm doing this round. I'm Gona jump this flower round 1150w to see how benifical it will work.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
wait a minute 6 foots ceilings!?!?!? i thought u were in 9 or 11ft ceilings or is that a different room?
Same room centers 9 foot then tapers to 8.
i can pull the ballasts up above the rafters. When there fully up the lights are almost level with the rafters. I loose a little room because of the pitch. I thought about bringing the ballasts closer back to back to get the lights higher but then I'd loose light spread. So when I grow the obamas I keep them on the outer edges so I can keep the lighting lower for the shorter plants.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So on average what distance from the top of the canopy has been optimal for you>???
At 1000w before budding weeks 1-3 about 2 feet. When flowers start I start adjusting for height. The main thing with these open fixture gavitas is keeping cool air flow just under the reflector. The cooler you can keep it just bellow the reflector the closer you can bring your light to your plant. Next grow I'm going to hard duct strait down the middle and every light will have a adjustable register so it will cool eficently.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Same room centers 9 foot then tapers to 8.View attachment 614699i can pull the ballasts up above the rafters. When there fully up the lights are almost level with the rafters. I loose a little room because of the pitch. I thought about bringing the ballasts closer back to back to get the lights higher but then I'd loose light spread. So when I grow the obamas I keep them on the outer edges so I can keep the lighting lower for the shorter plants.
Were you talkin to me?

Doc G

Doc G

oh for sure i was... so with the 20 gallon pots is this to make sure your not going root bound? does your root mass fill up that pot that much? Im just used to seeing 5-7 gallons inside ? Sorry for all the question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom