Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tess

Well welcome to trial and error i don't think you will need anyone to be there hands on, and u will appreciate your work a lot being all alone... besides you don't need it to be local community project anyway.. thats what this community is for.

You will be fine, just put it and keep it in your mind that you can do it. I will make a suggestion that if you want to keep things a lot more simple in the beginning a well balanced home made composted soil recipe helps @ making things simple but to each is own, some say I'm biased when it comes to my organic life style.

I believe that plants can grow them selves (once seeds are sowed) and its easier to create a soil mix that could provide them what they need to do so. After that is all about acclimating the plants to the environment.
I need to find a rental property and I don't know any town in RI so I think I will take a week trip up there to look around and find a green community that might be able to help me to find a rental property nothing to big or expensive to start but, I guess I have to start by finding a place; I will start small and grow from there;

T

Tess

im here for ya any questions just ask. Grow knowledge is power.
Maybe I should go to Oregon lol ! Just so far from my girls since they in Florida; and RI allows me more plants ! That is the only reason I chose it!

Doc G

Doc G

Maybe I should go to Oregon lol ! Just so far from my girls since they in Florida; and RI allows me more plants ! That is the only reason I chose it!

Well thats always good, and less of a drive. Didn't realize RI was on the same movement as Oregon.

T

Tess

Well thats always good, and less of a drive. Didn't realize RI was on the same movement as Oregon.
Yes and RI allows me 12 seedling + 12 mature plants per card (medical) and also allowed more then 1 patient in the same address - plus allows a caregiver to help up to 5 patients;
My first option was WA Oregon because my daughter was planning to go there for her Zgrad a School but, she changed it to the east coast; and I want to be close by lol, mothers !
Also RI is about to change to recreational at any moment (well any moment can be a year or 2) but still !
I personally love Seattle, Oregon, I have being there for a conference a few years ago and I fall in love with all this area! Beautiful country! But 8 hrs flight from Florida! :)

Doc G

Doc G

@1diesel1

You running co2 in your setup ye? if so what are your ppm levels like? do you use it all of flowering? beginning to end? or do you induce after the stretch?

Yes i know a lot of questions at once but i wanted to get most of them out of the way lol, i ask details but i also pay attention to detail (sometimes).

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1

You running co2 in your setup ye? if so what are your ppm levels like? do you use it all of flowering? beginning to end? or do you induce after the stretch?

Yes i know a lot of questions at once but i wanted to get most of them out of the way lol, i ask details but i also pay attention to detail (sometimes).
Yes,I use the atlas 2. It's preset to 1500ppm.i use it all of flower. My plants seem to consume more c02 during weeks3,5 and 7.

Doc G

Doc G

Yes,I use the atlas 2. It's preset to 1500ppm.i use it all of flower. My plants seem to consume more c02 during weeks3,5 and 7. View attachment 616929View attachment 616930

Nice... I'm running the atlas 8. I asked because I like to run my ppm's no higher than 1200 ( personal preference) after experiments and research. When i installed the controller which detects ppm readings and also have a back up co2 monitor by auto pilot. My ppms with out the tank were fluctuating between 900-1000.

With that being said I'm thinking of not inducing co2 at all. Would you if your ppms were real close to yours liking?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nice... I'm running the atlas 8. I asked because I like to run my ppm's no higher than 1200 ( personal preference) after experiments and research. When i installed the controller which detects ppm readings and also have a back up co2 monitor by auto pilot. My ppms with out the tank were fluctuating between 900-1000.

With that being said I'm thinking of not inducing co2 at all. Would you if your ppms were real close to yours liking?
What are you using for lights?

Doc G

Doc G

I'm running organic soil and botanical teas, aloe, coconut water every so often . Some of the older guru's my way say when not running synthetics you don't need the high ppms of 1500. I have even read up on studies from Colorado university stating that ppms in the range of 900-1100 are most optimal.

Plus thats around the same average photon flux count I'm feeding the canopy so i figure those numbers are decent

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm running organic soil and botanical teas, aloe, coconut water every so often . Some of the older guru's my way say when not running synthetics you don't need the high ppms of 1500. I have even read up on studies from Colorado university stating that ppms in the range of 900-1100 are most optimal.

Plus thats around the same average photon flux count I'm feeding the canopy so i figure those numbers are decent
From what I have researched plants breath more co2 according to the intensity of light. If your not running your gavitas to full capacity it sounds like they'll get what they need. My experience with co2 has shown me how benifical running it at full capacity is. For instance my rooms air tight. week1,2,4 and 6 they use about 1/4 of a 50 pound bottle. Weeks 3,5 and 7 they use extremely large amounts. On average in one harvest I'll use 2-2.5 fifty pound bottles. It's amazing to see the growth spurts those odd numbered weeks. I've recently started co2 in my veg room curious to see long term results

Doc G

Doc G

do you know what the co2 in your room is like without inducing just curious?

I may boost them to full capacity weeks 3-6 just depends on how they like and if can take it, by then i may need to induce more co2 and if i can pocket it i certainly will.

Sounds like you pumping mad co2 in there no wonder u crushing it.

Do u run the t-5 during bloom as well?

Oh and i remember u mentioning having a problem with mites sometimes. Ever heard of upping the ppms up to about 5k and it will kill any and all pest, they will literally explode.. (except their eggs) of course you can't be in the room and as you said your room is sealed so its perfect for that type of environment.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
do you know what the co2 in your room is like without inducing just curious?

I may boost them to full capacity weeks 3-6 just depends on how they like and if can take it, by then i may need to induce more co2 and if i can pocket it i certainly will.

Sounds like you pumping mad co2 in there no wonder u crushing it.

Do u run the t-5 during bloom as well?

Oh and i remember u mentioning having a problem with mites sometimes. Ever heard of upping the ppms up to about 5k and it will kill any and all pest, they will literally explode.. (except their eggs) of course you can't be in the room and as you said your room is sealed so its perfect for that type of environment.
Without co2 my atlas controller doesn't register I've never tested to see. But if it's not registering in my grow that's not good. No I don't run t-5 during bloom that was specifically installed for power failure. Generator can save your harvest. I have heard of the co2 spider mites never have tried it. Have you?

Doc G

Doc G

Without co2 my atlas controller doesn't register I've never tested to see. But if it's not registering in my grow that's not good. No I don't run t-5 during bloom that was specifically installed for power failure. Generator can save your harvest. I have heard of the co2 spider mites never have tried it. Have you?

Nope never needed to and it hope it stays that way... sucks on that power failure... How long were you out for?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nope never needed to and it hope it stays that way... sucks on that power failure... How long were you out for?
Was in week 7 last year luckily was home power went out, lights out scrambled to get the gen. Out got it running and installed t-5 in 40 minutes. When I did this build I put that t-5 in for that specific reason. I also put a nest cam in so I can look in there where ever I'm at on my phone to see what's going on.

Homesteader

Homesteader

1Diesel1- What temps are you running? I saw 66f but is that just at the end of your run or the entire grow? Im using LED lighting with my CO2 at 1200 ppm and keeping mine between 82-85f because I was under the impression that CO2 is most effective at higher temps but your pictures and a few others I have seen who run cooler are making me question that.

T

Tess

1Diesel1- What temps are you running? I saw 66f but is that just at the end of your run or the entire grow? Im using LED lighting with my CO2 at 1200 ppm and keeping mine between 82-85f because I was under the impression that CO2 is most effective at higher temps but your pictures and a few others I have seen who run cooler are making me question that.
Cooler temperatures is better to increase smell, flavor see portion the tutorial on terpenes, smell and flavour
Reducing temperatures can have a similar effect. During the flowering stage, keep the temperature of your grow room at least below 80 degrees. Believe it or not, high temperatures can actually cause thermal damage to the terpenes that might already have been produced in your marijuana buds. Therefore, the hotter the room, the blander the taste of your buds. Since terpenes begin to generate in greater numbers starting in the sixth or seventh week into the flowering stage, this is when the temperature definitely needs to remain lower.
I am not sure if it that is exactly what you referring to in the pictures, I didn't see them
And I was told that helps to control mites and bugs
Let me know if it makes sense; soon will be me going through the hands on, I can't wait !

Top Bottom