Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

ya, start spending your energy on the good plant that has a good green to it. I guess you had some luck on you mate. At least one plant you can grow, take clones and when you get tired of it than you can get some proper beans.

this is totally up to you if you like to try it or not. If you take one of the worst plants and take the roots off and stick it back into a cup of water. with high humidity of 70% and 77f. very minor light and maybe, maybe, again maybe it will reroot and those roots will be hydro. The plant can also die.
Worth a shot they most likely will die anyway. Would you leave all the leaves on and just cut the stem above the roots? Or trim. Away most of the dead leaves.

Also how would I achieve the humidity. For the temp I. Could just keep it in a warm room in a glass of water.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Taking an outdoor plant and putting into a dwc set up i have done a few times already and never had one die, just have to wash the roots of all the soil and throw them in.

Don't be put off by people saying you should start in soil first, i started with dwc because that's the way i was shown when i knew nothing about growing.

Good luck with it, but yeah never gives clones nutes less is more amigo.😉

Picture's attached is from outdoor plants thrown into dwc not long ago, first pic is old, new pic recent so yeah the outdoor to indoor rule doesn't exist really.🙃
See I didn't get rid of soil from the roots cz they come in a lil type of bag with roots just breaching out the bag. Wish I would of tried now. Though

I knew no matter what type/style of grow I did was gunna be tough as its a first for me so it's a big learning experience. I just really like the idea of dwc

Also. I started with weak nutes. Because they were rooted I thought. Nutes would be OK.

The 1 that survived is currently on
Gh nutes
7.5ml micro
7.5ml grow
7.5ml.bloom
3ml katana roots
2.5ml orca
5ml.silica

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

All the lessons learned simply put you in good stead for future shows my brother, don't be put off for there will be a moment where everything will make sense.

Stick with dwc it's simply the best way to grow..well for me anyway as they say don't knock it till you try it for i haven't grown aero/flood and drain, etc.

Ph adjusted H20 is all you need for them to grow from the get go amigo...hey that rhymes. 😜

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

All the lessons learned simply put you in good stead for future shows my brother, don't be put off for there will be a moment where everything will make sense.

Stick with dwc it's simply the best way to grow..well for me anyway as they say don't knock it till you try it for i haven't grown aero/flood and drain, etc.

Ph adjusted H20 is all you need for them to grow from the get go amigo...hey that rhymes. 😜
Well the 1 plant is certainly doing better than expected. Crazy turn around.!

I will keep that in. Mind though. Another might be on. Its way too. Showing slight signs it's hanging in. There.

The other 2 not so good. So I might either get 2 more cuttings before it's too late. I don't want them all growing at different height so will have to try Bush this 1 out and hope it gives the others some time to push to. The same height.

Or possibly stick with the 2.much rather have 4 and fill the tent to maximise the yield. Il just be happy to pull off a successful grow.

I was hoping for 4-5 ounce per plant but I'm. Not so. Hoepfull now

Reactions: PK1
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Just topped it today. Growing a bit Christmas tree shape. Probably left a little late. But I will wait for it to recover and top again. Hope I. Done it right.

Two have gone. one is recovering so just gunna try let it catch up

Slight browning on. The roots towards the net pot. Not sure if it's just staining from the clay pebbles possibly when I had the water sitting in. The net pot.

IMG 20220102 162255
IMG 20220102 162242
IMG 20220102 162236
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

So I think I am seeing early signs of root rot. I seen a post by aquaman to help rid the rootrot so might have to. Dig in the pocket once again to try and stop it getting worse.

Plant had slight drooping in. Couple leaves today nothing drastic like before but I get the feeling left untreated or when I eventually flip to flower it could go. Downhill.

I went to local hydro store earlier today asked what they had for rootrot and he gave me "pythoff" this will also kill my beneficial bacteria.

He advised flora kleen to clean the system first but they didn't have any in stock. So I grabbed the pythoff. Emptied my. Bucket of all nutes gave it a quick swill and refilled with just PhD water and pythoff. He said to do this then Tommorow empty again add water back with nutrients and continue to use pythoff.

Does this sound OK. Does anyone have experience with using pythoff?

Or should I just get hydro guard.(very hard to get in UK and expensive £70)or an alternative.

Just really wanna do what's best as its been a shitty start. But then now these 2 plants made a turnaround I wanna do my best to get a decent harvest from. Them.

I made a very stupid mistake of putting the lights on 22 hours and 2 off thinking it would speed growth not taking into account the temps of my res (I know very fucking stupid)

So iv switched the lights back to 18/6 added pythoff like the guy said and hoping for the best

Reactions: PK1
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Seriously don't know what is going on. Just can't seem to keep them healthy. What the f.

Stems gone purple/dark. New growth dry clawing. Some leaves yellowing burning.

IMG 20220116 214427
IMG 20220116 214435
IMG 20220116 214443
PK1

PK1

Supporter
she is stunt, isn't eating. You really need to drop proper information. EC< PH, temps,, humidity and everything else that has been done or happened.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

she is stunt, isn't eating. You really need to drop proper information. EC< PH, temps,, humidity and everything else that has been done or happened.
You're right. Can't expect help with out letting u guys know what's happening. Think I'm past help tbh. Dwc just isn't working for me. Got to be something I'm doing or have done. Because it just seems to keep happening.

Feeling a bit defeated now and just. Thinking about trying soil as some say it's easier for beginners and more forgiving.

Still love dwc and the idea of it but just ain't happening for me

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

have you got a chiller for your water ?
No. But I do use iced bottles of water in the buckets. These plants have had way too much stress and I'm sure the yield would show that. So unfortunately I will have to start again. Will be my 4th try. Thinking soil might be my best option. So more research needed as all iv really looked into is dwc.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

No. But I do use iced bottles of water in the buckets. These plants have had way too much stress and I'm sure the yield would show that. So unfortunately I will have to start again. Will be my 4th try. Thinking soil might be my best option. So more research needed as all iv really looked into is dwc.
get a chiller you need it - keep water temp at 22 degrees Celsius -

Observationist

Observationist

You're right. Can't expect help with out letting u guys know what's happening. Think I'm past help tbh. Dwc just isn't working for me. Got to be something I'm doing or have done. Because it just seems to keep happening.
Feeling a bit defeated now and just. Thinking about trying soil as some say it's easier for beginners and more forgiving.

Still love dwc and the idea of it but just ain't happening for me
You can do it

Latest posts

Top Bottom