Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I grow in soil, but root my clones in water. An opaque coffee cup, holes punched into an aluminum foil cover, change water every other day and leave in the corner of your veg area. In ten-fourteen days, roots galore! Here’s roughly 26 strains….
I think this is my problem my clones are rooted in soil.

But why is 1 plant thriving. Fully regained green colour no more yellow leaves. Roots are huge. I just don't get it

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter

But why is 1 plant thriving. Fully regained green colour no more yellow leaves. Roots are huge. I just don't get it

From what I have seen plants can take around a week to start going again if you remove all soil/medium from the roots, they don't seem to like it at all. Now I always try and keep at least some medium on the roots but I don't think that is an option for your setup, to messy.

In the meantime, I would make sure everything is dialed in and give them some time. If you have photo periods in veg, not a big deal.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

I would suggest following the advice PK has given. There are others in here that only have 1 or 2 harvests under their belt acting like growing pros xD

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

I would do a couple things differently

1. As mentioned by a few, drop your water level Under the net pot, and top water a few times a day, doesn't need to be a lot each time, just enough to keep moist

2. Shoot for 200-300 ppm clones don't need much, try for 5.8-5.9 ph

3. Try to get humidity up to about 70%, its easier on the clones to kick start their process

4. Mykos can help with root formation, you can try some micronized mykos in your solution

H

hawkman

came late to thread - for clones one ready dosen't have to feed them untill they get established other wise you will get nutrient issues (too much) fro seedling and clones consider waiting till at least 3 weeks before adding nutrients untill then use a good rooting stimulator Hope this helps (don't worry about PH and RH ) jsut worry about rooting (been cultivating now for many. many years and have never checked PH levels,ect (did check all that stuff one grow and all it did was to really make it a hassel - there is something said about keeping it simple - water and feed a bit- marijuana plant is a hard plant ot kill and can take abuse from it's cultivator _ each to their own and what works for one might not work for another. PM me for some very good root stimulators (don't want to spam any products- have been tagged before concering name's of)

Last edited:
Quicksand

Quicksand

came late to thread - for clones one ready dosen't have to feed them untill they get established other wise you will get nutrient issues (too much) fro seedling and clones consider waiting till at least 3 weeks before adding nutrients untill then use a good rooting stimulator Hope this helps
True! No nutrients are needed by a rooting cutting. Occasionally I need to leave rooted cuttings in their water longer, I may splash them with a very diluted bloom fertilizer (like 10%). I have never used a gel or stimulator…

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I would do a couple things differently

1. As mentioned by a few, drop your water level Under the net pot, and top water a few times a day, doesn't need to be a lot each time, just enough to keep moist

2. Shoot for 200-300 ppm clones don't need much, try for 5.8-5.9 ph

3. Try to get humidity up to about 70%, its easier on the clones to kick start their process

4. Mykos can help with root formation, you can try some micronized mykos in your solution
I raised the water level just so I knew the plant had access to water. I wasn't sure if tip feeding was a good idea as the cuttings come in a jiffy bag.rockwool would have been better but they came like that so, just had to deal with it.

I use shogun katana roots additive and orca for beneficial.

The 1 plant has really made a turnaround. Looks pretty healthy and flourishing again. The other 3 not so. Great.

I I was told cutting rooted in soil would simply not work in dwc. So I'm. Guessing this is what's causing me problems. Maybe I just got lucky and the 1 plant has adapted.

Quicksand

Quicksand

I raised the water level just so I knew the plant had access to water. I wasn't sure if tip feeding was a good idea as the cuttings come in a jiffy bag.rockwool would have been better but they came like that so, just had to deal with it.

I use shogun katana roots additive and orca for beneficial.

The 1 plant has really made a turnaround. Looks pretty healthy and flourishing again. The other 3 not so. Great.

I I was told cutting rooted in soil would simply not work in dwc. So I'm. Guessing this is what's causing me problems. Maybe I just got lucky and the 1 plant has adapted.
Just root in water next time….I’ve had hit/miss success with rooting in soil. I think the key is to keep the stem where you are trying to grow roots in darkness. Once I discovered this easy way to root I’ve never looked back. Perfect little girls ready to be planted in no time!

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

came late to thread - for clones one ready dosen't have to feed them untill they get established other wise you will get nutrient issues (too much) fro seedling and clones consider waiting till at least 3 weeks before adding nutrients untill then use a good rooting stimulator Hope this helps (don't worry about PH and RH ) jsut worry about rooting (been cultivating now for many. many years and have never checked PH levels,ect (did check all that stuff one grow and all it did was to really make it a hassel - there is something said about keeping it simple - water and feed a bit- marijuana plant is a hard plant ot kill and can take abuse from it's cultivator _ each to their own and what works for one might not work for another. PM me for some very good root stimulators (don't want to spam any products- have been tagged before concering name's of) [/QUOTE
Just root in water next time….I’ve had hit/miss success with rooting in soil. I think the key is to keep the stem where you are trying to grow roots in darkness. Once I discovered this easy way to root I’ve never looked back. Perfect little girls ready to be planted in no time!
Unfortunately I don't have a mother to take my own cuttings so I buy them from somebody else and that's just the way he does them.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Bring me up to speed-you are buying unrooted clones? Or rooted clones in soil that you are having issues with?

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I just started using turboklone Wow cloning made fun lol usually I just cut the cuttings put a lil rooting gel and into the pucks with 15ml of rhizotonic per gallon. I mist the leaves to bring humidity up help the plant to force making roots to find more source of nitrogen the misting over time makes the leaves more pale. After around 7 days I start seeing nubs and stop the misting I start taking dome off for 1 hour a day to see how they react. Usually they droop and I put it back on and everyday increase by 1 hour this forces the roots to grow even faster to find moister and water by day 10 they are spaghetti in the water and need transplant but I put directly into soil all this to say I never grew in coco or hydroponic but maybe next time have a dome in a lil and slowly take it off so it could adjust and not be so stressed

20210830 204952
20210902 193403
20210905 184611
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Bring me up to speed-you are buying unrooted clones? Or rooted clones in soil that you are having issues with?
I buy the clones already rooted in soil. Like a small bag with soil in. People call em. Jiffy I think.

Iv tried 8 cuttings in total now and so far only 1 is actually doing OK.

A few people said because its already rooted in soil. When you throw it into dwc they will always die.

1 is definitely thriving now (il take pics later) not quite sure how because it looked pretty bad. But has had good root growth from the start..

I have 4 dwc buckets in my tent. The other 3 aren't doing great. Same thing keeps happening. Plants go from green to yellowy green after roughly 3 days. Growth stunted. Leaves droopy and no roots showing.

I gave all. Plants the exact same treatment but only 1 looks like it will survive.

Possibly will buy 3 more cuttings to. Try again

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I just couldn't understand what was making them so. Stressed and borderline dieng.

My room. Temps and Rh were good

Nutrient feed was at good level. Not too. High.

Light was fine

Water temps fine

Ph on 1st set was probably wrong cz used a cheap shitty pH pen that was way out.
2nd set of cuttings ph is fine

Only thing I. Could think. Is possibly the explanation of soil rooted cutting not working in dwc..

Possibly overwatering. Which I know sounds silly. But these plants are in soil so could they feel as if drowning possibly.

1st round of 4 plants I. Top fed once sometime. Twice a day waiting for roots to. Grow. No roots shown and white residue formed on. Clay pebbles. So in the batch of the next 4 cuttings I. Stopped pouring water over top and brought the water level up in. My bucket to just inside the bottom of net pot.

The 1 plant really made a come back and the roots have some good length so I dropped the water level back down so there's now a gap between water and net pot.

Whatever it is that I'm. Doing or. Not doing has effect within a couple of days. But they take a long time to die. Like I said the 1 that is thriving now looked bad at 1 point. Possibly. Looked the worst. Its just crazy. Can't pinpoint what's going wrong

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Lets see the plant that is doing good. also, Why don't you focus on the plant that you say is doing good and before sending her to flower take your clones from it.
The clones you take will be rooted for hydro and your problems are fixed. You can take as many clones as you wish at that point.

Quicksand

Quicksand

I just couldn't understand what was making them so. Stressed and borderline dieng.

My room. Temps and Rh were good

Nutrient feed was at good level. Not too. High.

Light was fine

Water temps fine

Ph on 1st set was probably wrong cz used a cheap shitty pH pen that was way out.
2nd set of cuttings ph is fine

Only thing I. Could think. Is possibly the explanation of soil rooted cutting not working in dwc..

Possibly overwatering. Which I know sounds silly. But these plants are in soil so could they feel as if drowning possibly.

1st round of 4 plants I. Top fed once sometime. Twice a day waiting for roots to. Grow. No roots shown and white residue formed on. Clay pebbles. So in the batch of the next 4 cuttings I. Stopped pouring water over top and brought the water level up in. My bucket to just inside the bottom of net pot.

The 1 plant really made a come back and the roots have some good length so I dropped the water level back down so there's now a gap between water and net pot.

Whatever it is that I'm. Doing or. Not doing has effect within a couple of days. But they take a long time to die. Like I said the 1 that is thriving now looked bad at 1 point. Possibly. Looked the worst. Its just crazy. Can't pinpoint what's going wrong
Don’t buy more! Just take your own cuttings from your plants when they have enough material….and too many people overthink this, a coffee cup easily holds 15 cuttings. That previous posted photo has 70+ clones with no power or chemicals/hormones/gels/humidity domes/45* cuts under water, etc. I can root a small (living) bud, although it takes longer (and it’s imperative to not let the bud top rot from humidity/water contact so a dome is bad news). A rooted bud will take two months to reverse and start new vegetative growth….

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

That's the plants now. 3 dieng. The 1 doing good now. Iv put a pic of what it was like before so u could see the change in the recovery

IMG 20211229 172214
IMG 20211229 172204
IMG 20211229 172158
IMG 20211220 154125
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Lets see the plant that is doing good. also, Why don't you focus on the plant that you say is doing good and before sending her to flower take your clones from it.
The clones you take will be rooted for hydro and your problems are fixed. You can take as many clones as you wish at that point.
I was thinking to do that tbh. But then when I flower it I will have cuttings in there at same time. Humidity etc might be a problem

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I was thinking to do that tbh. But then when I flower it I will have cuttings in there at same time. Humidity etc might be a problem
ya, start spending your energy on the good plant that has a good green to it. I guess you had some luck on you mate. At least one plant you can grow, take clones and when you get tired of it than you can get some proper beans.

this is totally up to you if you like to try it or not. If you take one of the worst plants and take the roots off and stick it back into a cup of water. with high humidity of 70% and 77f. very minor light and maybe, maybe, again maybe it will reroot and those roots will be hydro. The plant can also die.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I buy the clones already rooted in soil. Like a small bag with soil in. People call em. Jiffy I think.

Iv tried 8 cuttings in total now and so far only 1 is actually doing OK.

A few people said because its already rooted in soil. When you throw it into dwc they will always die.

1 is definitely thriving now (il take pics later) not quite sure how because it looked pretty bad. But has had good root growth from the start..

I have 4 dwc buckets in my tent. The other 3 aren't doing great. Same thing keeps happening. Plants go from green to yellowy green after roughly 3 days. Growth stunted. Leaves droopy and no roots showing.

I gave all. Plants the exact same treatment but only 1 looks like it will survive.

Possibly will buy 3 more cuttings to. Try again
Taking an outdoor plant and putting into a dwc set up i have done a few times already and never had one die, just have to wash the roots of all the soil and throw them in.

Don't be put off by people saying you should start in soil first, i started with dwc because that's the way i was shown when i knew nothing about growing.

Good luck with it, but yeah never gives clones nutes less is more amigo.😉

Picture's attached is from outdoor plants thrown into dwc not long ago, first pic is old, new pic recent so yeah the outdoor to indoor rule doesn't exist really.🙃

OGKUSHWEEK3
DSC00667
Last edited:
Top Bottom