Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

soil roots won't work for hydro. period. they're a completely different structure, and moving plants from soil to hydro will almost always fail. You can take a plant from hydro and put it in soil without so many issues, but it'll significantly stress the plant. You would have better luck getting some cuts from this person, cutting them at soil level and re-rooting in rockwool. I can't think of any other way you'll be able to do what you're trying to do if this source won't supply cuts that'll work in your system.
When you say cut them at soil level. Do u mean chop the stem just before It hits the soil.? Are they difficult to root again

I. Would consider trying if its something even a noob like me could do

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

why not get a seed, germinate it and grow it in your dwc? and youll be growing the kind you want.
Makes sense now. At the time I just wanted to skip the germinating time and go straight into it.

But now iv wasted 3 weeks doing this I might aseell have.

That's another possibility.

Just haven't got the confidence. Because it's my first time I thought cuttings would be the easier route

Still what the worst that could happen I spode. These keep. Dieng anyway it's worth a shot

tobh

tobh

Supporter
that's exactly what i mean. no time like now to learn to clone, it's easier than a lot of people make it out to be. plenty of info on how to do it here, use the search function and find a technique you think will work for you.

Reactions: PK1
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

why not get a seed, germinate it and grow it in your dwc? and youll be growing the kind you want.
Would I germinate it in small. Rockwool cube then straight into dwc system when it shows leaves?

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

that's exactly what i mean. no time like now to learn to clone, it's easier than a lot of people make it out to be. plenty of info on how to do it here, use the search function and find a technique you think will work for you.
So my options are get a cutting already in rickwool

Germinate some seeds

Buy cuttings and make my own clones in rockwool.

At least I have options I spose. Just feels like I'm. Getting nowhere and trying everything possible but like u said it will never work. I just hope if I take the other option it works first time. These setbacks stressing me the fuck out lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
don't stress, just be paying attention. you're learning some very valuable lessons here that it can take growers years to learn. it's all valuable experience.

Reactions: PK1
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Wish yall experts live by me could pop. In. And help me sort my. Shit

Ain't nobody tryna help round here

And u could do some cuttings in rockwool 😂

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

don't stress, just be paying attention. you're learning some very valuable lessons here that it can take growers years to learn. it's all valuable experience.
Appreciate it fully. Top guys man 👍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Would I germinate it in small. Rockwool cube then straight into dwc system when it shows leaves?
plenty of ways to germinate. i like paper towel, but you just gotta keep an eye on it and as soon as the root is a bit out than you drop it in rockwool.
after the glass of water step you can drop it in rockwool and make sure it stays moist but at the same time you don't want it to be dripping water cuz then the roots can get damaged.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Listen to pk he has guided me perfectly

Looking even better today

F3133E32 67A8 4664 B8ED 0BA151998BFF
FD5C7293 B37F 4FFF B56E CC230D1A47B7

tobh

tobh

Supporter
there are plenty of growers here that can guide you. lol, but thank you!
agreed. a lot of us try not to step on toes or throw multiple hands into the cookie jar at once though. too easy to confuse the hell outta someone that way. PK is killing the newbie assistance game lately though, so definitely crawl up his ass with your questions before @ing the rest of us lol jk

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

agreed. a lot of us try not to step on toes or throw multiple hands into the cookie jar at once though. too easy to confuse the hell outta someone that way. PK is killing the newbie assistance game lately though, so definitely crawl up his ass with your questions before @ing the rest of us lol jk
🤣😂🤣😂 im very gratefull for the help - they would probably would have died by now if he didnt step in

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
So iv tried one round of cuttings already. Slowly turned a yellowy green colour. Went droopy and growth was very slow. Hardly any root growth

In. Dwc btw

Bought a second batch of 4 clines to try again. Same issues seem to. Be. Happening. Leaves turning slightly yellow green and droopy. Not too bad yet but I. Know if I. Don't correct it. They will die. Any advice please help.. Much appreciated!!!
I'd guess fix your pH and only use 1 bottle of nutes, with all micros and macros.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Some crazy shit happening three are dieng 1 has made a comeback. 🤣 I was ill. Over Xmas so didn't. Even check in on them. So not a clue what's going on right now

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Some crazy shit happening three are dieng 1 has made a comeback. 🤣 I was ill. Over Xmas so didn't. Even check in on them. So not a clue what's going on right now

All you have to do is make the pH and ec of your medium good and your plants will thrive. (By ec I mean with 1 bottle of ‘general purpose’ nutes that has everything the plants need, closer to 2-1-2 is best). Careful for pH of your res water rising/lowering over time, mine always likes to rise and it will mess up my plants. I let my water sit for a week before using now. Ideal ec for medium ~1.2 ec.

Quicksand

Quicksand

I grow in soil, but root my clones in water. An opaque coffee cup, holes punched into an aluminum foil cover, change water every other day and leave in the corner of your veg area. In ten-fourteen days, roots galore! Here’s roughly 26 strains….

BAC72837 4BB3 4A80 8CA0 9D8F58CC6976
6FCCEDEF C605 4051 9309 D1F607D02941
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

All you have to do is make the pH and ec of your medium good and your plants will thrive. (By ec I mean with 1 bottle of ‘general purpose’ nutes that has everything the plants need, closer to 2-1-2 is best). Careful for pH of your res water rising/lowering over time, mine always likes to rise and it will mess up my plants. I let my water sit for a week before using now. Ideal ec for medium ~1.2 ec.
I'm using the general hydro nutes. Seems to be popular with dwc from what iv seen.

Dedinately do try keep. On point with the ph and water temps.

What's crazy is iv gave them all the exact same everything and only 1 plant is recovering and progressing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom