Help the monster grow great weed! (My 1st coco grow)

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

@Seamaiden

n-171
p-80
k-283
ca-139
mg-74
Is what I used last night and today..

on the next mix would you think I should strive for a higher calcium than 139ppm or should I drop the mg to a lower level so I get more in the 4:1 ratio, which would mean like 35ppm on the mg?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I was also wondering if there is a nutrient calculator where you can input the various products you are using and the targer ratios you are looking to achieve, and the calculator spit out how much to use of each product????

using the cannastats calculator you have to plug in different ratios and then do the math to see if it works out.

am I missing something in regards to an easier way?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I used to have a calculator D/Ld on my old machine, but it went away when I got a new machine. I'd drop the Mg instead of raising the Ca for now. What you're working with is a balance I personally haven't quite gotten the best feel of.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use 60-70 ppm Mg in my veg formula for 70/30 hydro/coir and works fine. I also use a floral spray of calcium.
I have friend that run their N over 200ppm all through veg. I prefer a constant feed,constantly monitoring the reading and watch how much the eat and/or drink.JK
I do not see anything getting locked out with these numbers but I am a horrible grower . Their are some nice Nutrient calculators out there. Maybe a school boy with research access could copy one. I have access to a private companies that has just about every salt/acid I ever wanted to try. Hydro buddy is there but limits you with salts.

J

Jalisco Kid

Here is something I found looking for a greenhouse management handbook.
The math might help.

I find if I use the standard 4:1 Ca: Mg My leaves taco if I run below 60 ppm of Mg, I run lower ppms then most,this allows the plant to uptake more Ca. Also I floral spray at night which helps out my girls. A low feed at night with Ca. helps move the Ca. more into the plant.

lino

lino

Monster, nice work, you got a lot going on with medium mixes and nutes.... I'm overwelmed with n-171
p-80, k-283,ca-139, mg-74 -- I've been watching these ganja growing guru's on this site and decided to mess with some coco to... I did some test. I started running into all this complexity.... A Kid at the grow store hears of my soil test, one catch to my test is; I.m trying to put a seed in the pot add water and Some tea and thats it, nothing else, no transplanting (seed to harvest in one pot) I told him I want it simple, little nutes and additives. He sold me a bag of Slacker II, Botanicare coco mix,,,, i havnt done much and Slacker is doing bout as good as my other dirt mixes..... so I dont have any advice... I'll try to make a thread with some of these grow test and experiment soon, but it seems that there is never a clear cut conclusion but ill say this, I'm liking the coco so far, and

I like your strain list also and the way your saving that clone strain. Nice; I hope that clone survives....

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

hola lino, thanks for stopping in.. :-)
i am just getting the hang of ratios and ppms for each element.
something I should have learned a long time ago, doh...
once i have a basic understanding then its off to jacks or maybe straight raw salts based off @dankworth 's thread.

im not the sharpest knife in the drawer so baby steps.

whats good sensicloud!
i have been following @ttystikk recomendation, alternating various non toxic products.
i think doing a sulfur burn before going into flower would def be something to look into, thanks for the input!!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

im totally going to buy that book!
thats exactly what i was looking for! thank you JK!
Here is something I found looking for a greenhouse management handbook.
The math might help.
http://books.google.com.mx/books?id=W0d8iAQx_UUC&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=calcium to magnesium ratio hydroponics&source=bl&ots=wz3F5eQwR1&sig=uLkYc3gfHHeXye7u99dVOREhcCU&hl=es-419&sa=X&ei=I1HIUtmhF6mI2wX4q4HoAg&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=calcium to magnesium ratio hydroponics&f=false

I find if I use the standard 4:1 Ca: Mg My leaves taco if I run below 60 ppm of Mg, I run lower ppms then most,this allows the plant to uptake more Ca. Also I floral spray at night which helps out my girls. A low feed at night with Ca. helps move the Ca. more into the plant.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hold on I just ran across that real quick on the internet. I am away from home but when I get back I will check out the authors of some of my books.
Google nutrient feeds for hydroponics studies at universities. Most things that are on the edge seems to be coming from India.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I am going to flip to flower in 10 days, things are looking alright for my first time in coco.
plants have responded really well with the last few waterings.

ill get pictures up in the next couple days.
Iv been working a ton and havent had nearly as much free time to work the garden as i would like.
still just hand watering everything.
big thanks to everyone who has stopped in,
im offf the next three days :-)
anyone familiar with any of the strains im rocking..
other than the blue sky and tsunammi i don't know much about flowering times on the other strains.
ill be trying to gather that up and formulate a game plan for flower time. :-)
jk, what ratios do you like in early flower/middle and late flower ? anything you change up before flip?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

IMG 20140110 074736 1

J

Jalisco Kid

I start backing off with K nitrate and add other K sources. I sulfur burn my veg plants and flower room. 2x flower room. I am now shaping the plant to fit the area its going to. Loading up on Ca.,aminos and micros. Depending on the plant (there is a sweet spot) between 2-4 weeks I will hit them up with some salts similar to AN's Blood Bud if that's still around. Grow more makes something similar so much cheaper.About 280 ppm plus my base. My foliar increases form week 1-4.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

i got a little more history on this tsnumai strain. it is in fact sour tsunami, from the souther humbolt seed collective.
my buddy and some of his friends over the last couple years grew out a shit ton of seeds in search of a really high cbd pheno. he said most the high cbd varieties would herm though.
out of a few hundred seeds one tested very high in thc though(21percent taken at 6 weeks).
smoke is super tasty and def couchlock. slight purple.
really looking forward to this one
IMG 20140112 125423

Albion Sour Diesel x Tsunami 10-11% CBD (1 out of 4) This strain is: 40% Indica 60% Sativa Will Mature After 9 Weeks Musky, with sweet undertones. Works for pain and inflammation without the head high. Exceptionally high in CBD's. There is a one-in-four chance of containinig 10-11% CBD (and 6-7% THC) Checkout the article about it at ProjectCBD.org and in the CBDiary for March 1, 2011

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

so if i hit this lady with some silver, will the s1's be mostly like her?
she was the only plant with high thc, out of a fuck ton of seeds..
most of her siblings were low thc, lots of high cbd phenos, and also a lot of herms in the family. but damn she is straight fire

Last edited:
oxanaca

oxanaca

hey nice grow youve got going.
and thanks for the tip earlier;)
ill be sure to check this thread out regularly as you hold some unique knowledge

Top Bottom