Help the monster grow great weed! (My 1st coco grow)

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

lol, zero knowledge here bud, i can hardly grow my way out of a paper bag...
but thanks for stopping in!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

fuck yeah, root aphids...
came across a couple using the 100x scope, far from an infestation.. think the root microbes has kept things from getting out of control.

Danked

Danked

Nice lookin' plants @Chronic Monster . They're gonna get nice n big after the stretch too. Keep em green bro... nice work!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

IMG 20140129 155824

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ok, i promise to get a better camera come harvest time..
here is the gsc.. i cleaned up all the plants a bit and shaped things up
IMG 20140130 230521

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

IMG 20140130 231914
here is the medo purps, she is a beast compared to the other plants. i really hope she is fire. looking at her id think longer flowering sativa hybrid but most of what iv read says 8 to 9weeks

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

IMG 20140131 110957
IMG 20140131 111729
purple kush 1 of 3 still havent dialed it in, still a lot of purple petioles and have some tip die back, shitty phone won't take a good pic to save my life.
its mostly the lower and middle growth wwith the tip burn...

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

well, after scratching my head for awhile think i figured out my issue.

maybe..

thought maybe my ph meter was jacked, so got some ph drops... meter waas fine.

ph going in was 5.8-6.0, coming out 6.0-6.2

so i crash out get up in the morning, i noticed the little vile i had dropped the ph drops in had changed color(the run off) it had shifted from yellow to a green. i checked the run off and the ph had shifted up to 6.9

i have started feeding @ 5.2-5.3, which leaves the run off coming out about 5.5 at first.

After sitting over night the ph of run off shifts up to 6.2

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

got some new genetics as well, fuck I got a lot of plants lol, this will be for
IMG 20140209 132035
round 3

IMG 20140209 132035
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

yes I would agree, lol
i got the hook up on testing, wanna find some keepers.while i have the chance

burn4me

burn4me

Mr. @Chronic Monster! What's this, you actin' like a noob or sumptin', wot? You started one of my favorite threads, 'overpriced nutrients' YEARS ago, I'm still reapin' da benefits from that one!

To rid yourself of powdery mildew without Eagle20, you'll need a multi pronged plan of attack; this is also known as IPM, aka Integrated Pest Management. The idea is to switch up the mode of attack too fast for the pest to keep up, so each successive wave, while perhaps not strong enough alone, will beat it down and defeat it. Here are some different things to do, in no particular order;

1. Safer 3 in 1 or Safer Soap. These are actually insecticides, but they're effective against PM

2. H²O² - Use this at about 3-5% as a foliar spray

3. Horticultural oil, like Azamax- if you have a bug problem, this stuff is good for double duty. It coats the leaves, protecting them from PM- It's also good for reducing wilt in very dry conditions, something to consider if you can't get your humidity up into the sixties where it needs to be for best growth. While we're on the subject of humidity, I want to kill the notion- again- that high humidity causes or encourage Powdery Mildew. Not True! The shit thrives on plants stressed by DRY conditions, one reason it's such a plague in the arid West of the US! Explains why raising your humidity is on this list.

4. Ground up aspirin and potassium bicarbonate- the aspirin is an immunity booster and the bicarb raises pH while providing a plant nutrient (K), high pH on the leaf surface makes life tough for PM. This is the same as milk, only better for the plants. Drink your own milk, lol

5. Make sure you have good air circulation and fans blowing air across your plants

6. Increase grow room temps to 100f for a couple of hours, taking care to raise or maintain humidity

7. Maintain good humidity levels for VPD; that means at least 65% and even 70-75% if you're running temps in the 80s. Higher humidity makes for stronger plants more able to resist and fight off disease, PM included.

All of these strategies are at least partially effective, and just as importantly they have different modes of action, or methods to kill or harass the target pest. Doing one of these more than twice in a row usually won't get you as good results, so switch around and find three or four that work for you and rotate among them. As you saw, it's easy to combine PM attacks with pesticide applications, and they can be combined with nutritive foliar sprays as well.

not gonna lie this blew my fucking mind on the simplicity of it:wideyed:
whats up everyone.....im in.....kick ass bro best of luck

Utterlyfaded

Utterlyfaded

I usually run lucas 6/9 from veg to harvest, but I have been reading up on the lucas website where it states the 6/9 ratio is for low lighting 400 hid or lower and anything over to use a ratio of 8/16. Which I didn't read till yesterday ahha. I have 6 -600 watt Hps lights in my flower room typically run 6-8 ladies. Should I be I using the 8-16 ratio? Anybody else use that? Btw I use gh base coco medium. Please help!!!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

@Utterlyfaded
i don't have a magic formula my friend, or have the experience in coco to be giving advise.
but becoming familiar with the cannastats calculator and knowing what ppm i am feeding for each nutrient has helped me quite a bit, also
realizing how much humidity effects things,(lower ppm for low humidity, higher ppm for higher humidity).
it seems to me the plants responded better once i got away from the lucas at least in veg.
got a link to your grow, :-)

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Today is day 7 of 12/12.
things look ok, not as dialed as I would like.
@Capulator I really like your packaging! Come along way since the beginning.
IMG 20140222 225944

Top Bottom