Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

repotted all 11 plants now in 3.4L pots. i didint get to seperate the 2 plants in 1 , so thought i could use those 2 as a mother for clones

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

temperature is a bit low try to aim for 18°C minimum, i think you should fill your pots a little bit more think about it like optimizing space available for roots, not a good idea to keep two plants in the same small 3.4L pot they will soon compete to each other, it's not too late to separate them. Look like some of them have their leaves a litlle droopy like they didn't like much transplant this should fix quick enough normally.

trt92

trt92

temperature is a bit low try to aim for 18°C minimum, i think you should fill your pots a little bit more think about it like optimizing space available for roots, not a good idea to keep two plants in the same small 3.4L pot they will soon compete to each other, it's not too late to separate them. Look like some of them have their leaves a litlle droopy like they didn't like much transplant this should fix quick enough normally.
I could use rope / scrog to seprrate them?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

No doesn't look like overwatered more like transplant shock

they will compete for roots that's why you want to separate them

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you can always keep them in the same pot, but if you have the possibility it would be so much better into separate pots

trt92

trt92

Picture of the weed. What kind of damage have they suffered? (look first picture)
1 day it was overheat to 37C i saw alot of other plants just shrinking down collapsing. But the weed plants seemd to survive ok.
Another day it was another problem. thing i saw was a plant curling and got white dots on the leaf, as to much light? Anyways moved that plant out, and put it in my window frame inhouse and it seem to be better now.
anyways i just wondered if one of these days could be the cause why some cannabis plants are yellow, and one even got some dots or marks,,, doesnt look identical to my other "legal" plant that i think got to much light... but could be ?
Plants can get damaged for to much light right? even if heat is fine. might have had it on 100% 300watt some days,, and at 30cm distance like mars hydro says i should.

20230430 080536
20230430 080540
20230430 080544
20230430 080551
20230430 080601
20230430 080814
Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

30 cm @ 100% is too much for seedling that's for a plant in flower.

for seedling if you want to put 100% to keep some heat in your shed then you have to have the light @80cm to 1m

@30 cm from seedling i 'd say the lamp @25% and 50% 50cm from seedling as exemple.

Few burn on start up on some leaf can sometime happen without spreading afterward but there is definetely something wrong with all the symptoms:
droopy leaves, yellowing and white dot,

i suspect this has something to do with the water you use either pH or EC

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Looks like a light and watering issue.
Doesnt look like you saturate all the media when you water.

37c is wayy to hot inside, thats like 100°f and probably why theyre droopy.

I think the yellowing is from improper watering techniques too.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

probably not that , but's it's better to moist the whole soil when watering and let it dry afterward, i may be wrong but look like you've only watered a litlle around the trunk.

it's been a week since i m curious to know if things improved or getting worse ? hoping for best.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Yeah I think that's a watering issue. Why do I know you ask lol 😆 because I just did the same thing with my outdoor seedlings 🙄 trying no to over water them I almost killed them 😬 I was watering everything the same not thinking. I had marijuana broccoli tomatoes peppers zucchini and cucumber everyone hated me. Maybe it's just me but I struggle with seedlings I give out tough love 🤣

trt92

trt92

I e setup my scond tent now 40cmx40cmx160cm
Ive put in a small coalfilter and fan that fitten inside the tent. But im unsure i got negative pressure.. The opening for air output is at the top of the tent, making me having to use a good bend on the alu pipe from fan and out, that makes air output abit weaker??
I can see the walls of my tent somewhat dragged inn, but unsure if its enogh,, my other tent it just sucks inn and i can feel its hard negative pressure..
I did try to close the passive air intake opening and that seemd to make it better..

Its just amotherplant im going to keep inthere,, but they smell abit too?
Can prob add some pictures of the setup some otherday

Btw i see temp now is 23celsius with the 300 watt led in the big tent with 80% dim on. So im glad i went for led afterall.. Will prob be 27celius or maybe more on warmer summer days... Better with cold issues then hot issues?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah mother plant in veg can smell a bit too

don't worry too much about temperature up to 34 35°c it will still grow well even if 28 max is recommended i started having issue in summer when temp were over 40°C

low temp, plant will get stunt
high temp, plant will burn

trt92

trt92

Placed 2x 25 liter buckets in my shed with water,, was alot easier to adjust PH right now. And less runs in and out of shed to bring water.

Will move 1-2 plants into my veg tent in a few days, then start flowering in the other.

Thinking of getting bigger pots then the 3.4 liter pots i use now, as i didnt have as many plants i planned in there.. And i can see they start drinking alot,, id like to keep soil moist longer so i dont have to water to frequently

And a little question,, there is some water spilling when i water them, most getting under where the pot sit on.. Do you use to remove the water under? Wondering if humidity is higher if i got water laying around on the floortent

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah 6-9L pots would be better for roots and watering

i use some cups under my pots when watering there is usually a little water that end in the cup that the plants drink back within an hour.

trt92

trt92

yeah 6-9L pots would be better for roots and watering

i use some cups under my pots when watering there is usually a little water that end in the cup that the plants drink back within an hour.
I got a cup under 2, but they wont use that water before the roots go allthe way down out from the pot??
I see on my pots now i kinda gotta water them abit slowly cus it goes down on the side aroubd the earth after it dry out before i water again,, so seems line i shud pour slowly to get water absorbing allaround the earth

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking into automatic watering

This looks cheap and doable
I prefer the hand touch of hand watering, I water slowly so it gives me time with each plant to look them over thoroughly before moving to the next one. That being said I’m also looking into it as well for full peat runs or coco haven’t decided 100%, but floraflex systems look affordable and I’ve heard good reviews on it
https://floraflex.com/default/floraflex-kits.html
Pretty much every option you could want from coco, quick fill, rock wool, etc

C68FC661 ED3C 47AD B97C AE61A7D9E756
Top Bottom