Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

My 4 autos seem to grow nice, even after i repotted them, but wondering, when iput tjem outside, will they get shocked from different envirment?

Pilted

Pilted

I am currently using the spider farm sf 1000 (100w light), 4 inch inline fan, 27x27 inch tent kit. I have two successful harvest with this setup and working on the 3rd, my first grow I harvested 8 oz with two plants, and my second grow I harvested 3 oz with one plant, but I had a lot of issues with that grow (not equipment related) second grow should have yeilded more. The issue with this setup is the light is good light spectrum for veg and flower, but on the flower the corners are not in range, and the acceptable ppfd rating of 600-900 is a small window. What I mean by that is it's about 4 inches in height bottom part of the 4 inches is at 600 ppfd top part is at 900. In order to produce well with this tent I have to make sure my canopy is extremely even. I only have 4 inches of acceptable range. The tent is very cheap to run and only adds $5 to my monthly electric bill. So it's a trade off.

If I had to pick a setup now I would change a couple things, I would still go with the spider farm 27x27 inch tent as most other 2x2 tents are 24x24 inch and that extra 3 inches helps a lot, the inline fan I would go with AC Infinity or spider farm 4 inch fan as there is not much difference there ( probably the AC Infinity because of this next part) I would replace my light with the ionboard33 from AC Infinity and I would add a 69 controller to help automate the tent on my cell phone. Because I would want the 69 controller I would probably go with the AC Infinity online fan for easy instillation. The light from AC Infinity will fit in the 27x27 nicely and will give light to those corners and expand the 4 inch range of acceptable light for flower. The ionboard33 is about 240w so would add a little more to electric bill but would be worth it.

Because you plan on doing this in a shed I would highly recommend a controller to controle the tent one capable of connecting to your phone.

Hope that helps you on your epic quest.

trt92

trt92

I am currently using the spider farm sf 1000 (100w light), 4 inch inline fan, 27x27 inch tent kit. I have two successful harvest with this setup and working on the 3rd, my first grow I harvested 8 oz with two plants, and my second grow I harvested 3 oz with one plant, but I had a lot of issues with that grow (not equipment related) second grow should have yeilded more. The issue with this setup is the light is good light spectrum for veg and flower, but on the flower the corners are not in range, and the acceptable ppfd rating of 600-900 is a small window. What I mean by that is it's about 4 inches in height bottom part of the 4 inches is at 600 ppfd top part is at 900. In order to produce well with this tent I have to make sure my canopy is extremely even. I only have 4 inches of acceptable range. The tent is very cheap to run and only adds $5 to my monthly electric bill. So it's a trade off.

If I had to pick a setup now I would change a couple things, I would still go with the spider farm 27x27 inch tent as most other 2x2 tents are 24x24 inch and that extra 3 inches helps a lot, the inline fan I would go with AC Infinity or spider farm 4 inch fan as there is not much difference there ( probably the AC Infinity because of this next part) I would replace my light with the ionboard33 from AC Infinity and I would add a 69 controller to help automate the tent on my cell phone. Because I would want the 69 controller I would probably go with the AC Infinity online fan for easy instillation. The light from AC Infinity will fit in the 27x27 nicely and will give light to those corners and expand the 4 inch range of acceptable light for flower. The ionboard33 is about 240w so would add a little more to electric bill but would be worth it.

Because you plan on doing this in a shed I would highly recommend a controller to controle the tent one capable of connecting to your phone.

Hope that helps you on your epic quest.
You got 225gram from a 100w light?

Pilted

Pilted

You got 225gram from a 100w light?
On my first grow the trick is the even canopy. (I'm not sure how many grams is 8 ounces but yes a little.ober 8 ounces.) Here a picture of my current grow, you can see what I mean about an even canopy. It's 48 days old from seed in ground and day 13 of flower.
IMG 20230607 101100652 HDR

trt92

trt92

On my first grow the trick is the even canopy. (I'm not sure how many grams is 8 ounces but yes a little.ober 8 ounces.) Here a picture of my current grow, you can see what I mean about an even canopy. It's 48 days old from seed in ground and day 13 of flower. View attachment 1990650
My plants growsoslowly compared to that 😅 how do you get even canopys? You top it alot?

Pilted

Pilted

My plants growsoslowly compared to that 😅 how do you get even canopys? You top it alot?
No I train very little, I let grow until 7th node, then I top, then before flower I lollipop, very light LST training in-between the top and lollipop, then in stretch just make sure everything stays in the proper light range. If you have slow growth I can run through the most important aspects I look at.

Temp I keep it between 70-80° outside of this range will slow things down.

Air flow I keep it high all the time two clip on fans and 4 inch inline fans on a high setting.

Humidity 45-75%

Nutes Fox farm whole.line up and I follow there online schedule, but seedlings I give 1/5th the dosage then I slowly work up to 1/2 or 2/3rds by the end of veg. After flip I give full dose as recommended on there feeding schedule.

Proper ppfd of light reaching the plant different light need for different stages seedling, veg, flower. I use an app called photone to measure and adjust the lighting.

Most important part here is this, I use promix premium moisturizing potting soil from Walmart. This cost $15 for two cubic feet another budget friendly option that works extremely well. Why I say this is the most important part is because this media will eliminate (or help a lot) with over watering it's almost impossible to over water in this media. One of the biggest issue that causes slow growth is over watering.

That's more.or.less my setup and my parameters. Look at yours see what's different and make adjustments.

Pilted

Pilted

Oh and PH when feeding watering 5.9 to 6.1 depending on what my runoff is on the last water/feed. If ph in runoff is low I go closer to the 6.1 if it's high I go closer to the 5.9, I try to keep runoff at 5.9

trt92

trt92

Oh and PH when feeding watering 5.9 to 6.1 depending on what my runoff is on the last water/feed. If ph in runoff is low I go closer to the 6.1 if it's high I go closer to the 5.9, I try to keep runoff at 5.9
Ye i had to high ph to begin with

trt92

trt92

Here is my plants now,
2 weeks into flowering. Think i started germinating them 25 march... So you can see how slow it wentcompared to yours. But i had like 13C temp to begin with and wrong ph for a long time.
Second pic is 4 autos im gonna plant out in the woods. And 1 motherplant.. Seems like i picked the worst one😅 seems overfed but i didnt give more to her then the others..
The autoflowers are growing rapid, but still unsure how they wil handle beeing set out wild.. Ive dug ahole with earth and some cow fertelizing mix, but plants usually need to be moved out and in at nights for some time to adjust to the new enviroment? I cant really do that here, unless i hide them good from neighbours and bypassers😛

Also placed in a dehumidifier today.

20230607 194748
20230607 194825
Last edited:
deerman12

deerman12

I started with 2x2s, now i have a 2x2, a 3x3, and a 4x4. Ive spent so much money on stuff and then gave it away cause i didnt need it anymore. In my opinion you ahould be trying to buy what you want to be in, in the future
Great advice, I wasted money starting cheaper.

Pilted

Pilted

13C is like 55° Fahrenheit, anything under 65° the plant will not only slow growth but it will stop growth, while it was in this temp I am sure you were feeding it nutes, all those nutes were probably not used and built up as the plant would have been growing very slow if at all. Once you got it back into proper temp range and it started using nutes it was over loaded. At least that's what I would assume would happen if I did that. So temps slowed you down and fertilization probably slowed you down. Then recovery from over fertilization slowed you down. Makes sense to me, once you make a run with ideal conditions the whole grow, the speed the plant grows is insane. You are doing good, you just learning what not to do, I did that on my last grow was a very slow grow littered with issues.

trt92

trt92

13C is like 55° Fahrenheit, anything under 65° the plant will not only slow growth but it will stop growth, while it was in this temp I am sure you were feeding it nutes, all those nutes were probably not used and built up as the plant would have been growing very slow if at all. Once you got it back into proper temp range and it started using nutes it was over loaded. At least that's what I would assume would happen if I did that. So temps slowed you down and fertilization probably slowed you down. Then recovery from over fertilization slowed you down. Makes sense to me, once you make a run with ideal conditions the whole grow, the speed the plant grows is insane. You are doing good, you just learning what not to do, I did that on my last grow was a very slow grow littered with issues.
I didnt start nutes intill like 1.5 months after germination.
The overfeed symptoms showed like 2 days after i gave it,, probably gave them just abit to much sometimes

Pilted

Pilted

I didnt start nutes intill like 1.5 months after germination
Well I am not good at diagnosis of plants but those look like they got some type of issue with the nutes, maybe under fed over fed, idk nitrogen deficiency maybe idk. Maybe your pH is still off? You would need to have someone else more.knowlagable diagnosed the issue with the ones in flower.

trt92

trt92

Well I am not good at diagnosis of plants but those look like they got some type of issue with the nutes, maybe under fed over fed, idk nitrogen deficiency maybe idk. Maybe your pH is still off? You would need to have someone else more.knowlagable diagnosed the issue with the ones in flower.
The plants in flower is doing good, can see some yellow leaves, and leaves i removed from overfertalization 1day long ago... But the motherplant is still struggling... Trying to use half nute dose of what i give the rest for her i gues

Pilted

Pilted

I'm just saying all the other factors play a big role in the over all growth of the plant, each time it gets stressed out even a tiny bit, it will slow growth. Top it, it has to recover send nutes up stalk to a different area, reroute the energy produced. Same with defoliation, any stress, from over watering, under or over fertilization, to much or not enough light, pH, temp, humidity all effects the plants ability to grow as it has to adjust to fix the issue. When you get the environment right and keep it right the plant grows very fast.

trt92

trt92

Yep, i hope im on right track now, cant wait for my first ever harvest.
I see temp now can go up to 30C and maybe 35C later this summer,, but not much i can do with that.. Dont wanna run fans fullspeed cus of noice

trt92

trt92

Does it affect my flowering if i water at nighttime? With those few 2-3 minutes with light coming in? Or should i water when light is on? Feels like the buds grow abit slow compared to the start, but idk newbie
Smell is still none excitent outside the tent so thats good,, still barly halfway in flowering tho

Stokes

Stokes

I think you should get comfortable with the fundamentals before you start pushing the plant and paying attention to yield. Either way your jars will be more full than they were before

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

while according to plant metabolism it's better to water in the morning, it do rain at night outdoor, so don't worry too much about it

Mothman

Mothman

Does it affect my flowering if i water at nighttime? With those few 2-3 minutes with light coming in? Or should i water when light is on? Feels like the buds grow abit slow compared to the start, but idk newbie
Smell is still none excitent outside the tent so thats good,, still barly halfway in flowering tho
If you’re asking if 2-3 minutes of interrupted dark cycle every few days will negatively affect flowering, the answer is “yes, for sure that can cause your plants to stop flowering.” It can also cause the plants to become mixed sex, possibly resulting in a seedy crop.

Top Bottom