Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

I was worried my buds had stopped growing, but when i checked now they have just exploded in growth:)
I can see alot of tricomes and a few brown pistiles or whst their called.. I tried to use a magnifying glass ment to look at the tricomes colour.. But i couldnt see anything thru it,, just cloudy,, tried to adjust on both zoom and the other clearness setting but still too cloudy... Should i just start flushing now for 2 weeks and harvest??

20230708 140556
20230708 140546
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

I was worried my buds had stopped growing, but when i checked now they have just exploded in growth:)
I can see alot of tricomes and a few brown pistiles or whst their called.. I tried to use a magnifying glass ment to look at the tricomes colour.. But i couldnt see anything thru it,, just cloudy,, tried to adjust on both zoom and the other clearness setting but still too cloudy... Should i just start flushing now for 2 weeks and harvest??
2 week flush is completely unnecessary and some people including myself would argue that any flush at all is unnecessary. When to harvest is a little bit of a personal preference. I prefer to aim for mostly cloudy trichomes and perhaps around 10-15 % ambers.

trt92

trt92

2 week flush is completely unnecessary and some people including myself would argue that any flush at all is unnecessary. When to harvest is a little bit of a personal preference. I prefer to aim for mostly cloudy trichomes and perhaps around 10-15 % ambers.
Oki, well i couldnt look at the colour with my scope,, but i must have used it wrong, so if i cant get it working i just gotta harvest from eyesight

Pilted

Pilted

Those things blew up, my power went out for 3 days, I was hopeful for a fast recovery and many more blooms, but as of now it just seems to be maturing, all hairs turned orange, buds fattening, but no new blooms. Sadly the power outage happened right when she was getting into her stride on bud growth. She 45 days into flower so she might have time to put out some new blooms, but sadly I'm thinking the no lights for 92 hours made her bypass the bud growth stage and sent her into maturing stage. Your buds look very nice excellent job. I'm jelly. 😎 Hard to tell when they are done without being able to see the tricones.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Oki, well i couldnt look at the colour with my scope,, but i must have used it wrong, so if i cant get it working i just gotta harvest from eyesight
You can get a cheap digital microscope on amazon. they work really well for checking trichomes. I bought one that sends images straight to your phone or ipad or pc. its pretty cool.

trt92

trt92

You can get a cheap digital microscope on amazon. they work really well for checking trichomes. I bought one that sends images straight to your phone or ipad or pc. its pretty cool.
I got 2 i bought from same place as the grow equipments.. Do i need to put the glass touching close on the bud too see clear? Cus i couldnt see straight when i used it

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

I got 2 i bought from same place as the grow equipments.. Do i need to put the glass touching close on the bud too see clear? Cus i couldnt see straight when i used it
yeah some of them are a bit difficult to use because you do have to press it right against the bud. mine has a nice zoom on it so it works even if you hold it away from the bud. thats why i bought it because the other one i had was a pain in the ass.

trt92

trt92

yeah some of them are a bit difficult to use because you do have to press it right against the bud. mine has a nice zoom on it so it works even if you hold it away from the bud. thats why i bought it because the other one i had was a pain in the ass.
Aha, il give it another try, mine is 60x to 100x zoom i think, with light on it

trt92

trt92

Ok, ye aslong as they dont go over the time, but expected them to be a bit longer too as they just went ftom tiny buds to big buds within a week or 2

trt92

trt92

Method #2: Determine Cannabis Harvest Time by Pistil Color
If a grower does not have access to a magnifying tool, the old school “red hair” method can also be used to determine when to harvest. As the pistils (tiny white “hairs”) on the flowers mature, they change from a white color to a reddish-brown

Il use this method if i cant get scope working.. Some pistiles is already brown

trt92

trt92

I was able to look at some of the tricomes when i held it closer on the bud, they where still crystal looking

trt92

trt92

A few of the tricomes seem to get cloudy now. How long intill harvest do you think?
I gave them water only from today.

Humidity is on 50%.
Think it will be a nice place to dry it also
Smell is also low outside. actually i dont think the plants stink that bad inside either, ofc when i go close and smell its much. Guess its the air refreshing constantly keeping it low💁‍♂️
But deffenetly doable starting a new grow sometime later.🙂

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I usually harvest when i see the first amber trichrome showing inside the buds on most phenos.

trt92

trt92

I usually harvest when i see the first amber trichrome showing inside the buds on most phenos.
Is it normal that top buds gets finished before the lower buds? So i neeed to cut 1 branch a time for drying?

trt92

trt92

Thinking of growing a dominant sativa strain next, in 7L pots insttesd of 3.4L like last time. Seems like i can fit in 16 of them if i dont use trays under them. This time il use right ph water from start, and il be vegging abit longer, topping them once, and take clones from lower branches. Il use some netting to bind down the highest growing tops to try get stronger light to the lower buds. I saw one here showing his plants with all branches at same hight, gaining far over 1g pr watts. I want to try do something similar like that
Im thinking of growing sacitrus haze, as its suppose to be dominant sativa and yield seemed high too. Or ill buy some other strain when i visit amsterdam next

trt92

trt92

All pistiles seem to have become red/brown/orange but tricomes still look crystals.. Should be close now then?
I started flushing way to early:(

Top Bottom