Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

with all pistil brown they are most prolly good enough for harvest
Going to check again at monday how the tricomes look. You sure i shud cut them down even if the tricomes still look crystal and none amber yet?

Was also wondering about next flowering cycle im gonna do.. I see my mars hydro light doesnt have that ideal light for flowering, more for veg.. So was wondering if it could help to put 1 or 2 cfl 125 watts red flowering bulbs hanging down one on each side or 2 above on each side abit beneat the led lamp, depending on how close they can be to add some extra flowering lights during 12/12 ? Will this be a good idea? Their pretty cheap.
And another question, if i wanna try only with autoflowers, is the red light spectrum just as important in flowering?
Tempting to try a fast grow, i can see some types says their finished in just 2 months time from seed to harvest

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Without pics of the whole plant(s), close up of the buds and if possible close up of the trichromes it's hard to say but by the time now they should be good or nearly.

your mars hydro spectrum is good for veg and flowering it's a mix of 3000k(yellow light for flo) and 5000k(blue light for veg) leds and has enough watt for your surface, you can had some cfl on the side if you want but that's not something i would do personnally with your current set up

And once again plant don't care that much about the spectrum to grow healthy and vigorous.

you didn't had an healthy and vigorous start with this run
you switched to flowering a little early in addition to the rough start
plant weren't looking super healthy few weeks ago, lot of dwarf plants with lot of dead leaves, and pales green remaining leaves

i think you can improve a lot your results with your current set up without adding some more light

trt92

trt92

Without pics of the whole plant(s), close up of the buds and if possible close up of the trichromes it's hard to say but by the time now they should be good or nearly.

your mars hydro spectrum is good for veg and flowering it's a mix of 3000k(yellow light for flo) and 5000k(blue light for veg) leds and has enough watt for your surface, you can had some cfl on the side if you want but that's not something i would do personnally with your current set up

And once again plant don't care that much about the spectrum to grow healthy and vigorous.

you didn't had an healthy and vigorous start with this run
you switched to flowering a little early in addition to the rough start
plant weren't looking super healthy few weeks ago, lot of dwarf plants with lot of dead leaves, and pales green remaining leaves

i think you can improve a lot your results with your current set up without adding some more light
Yes next grow will deffenetly be better

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Thinking of growing a dominant sativa strain next, in 7L pots insttesd of 3.4L like last time. Seems like i can fit in 16 of them if i dont use trays under them. This time il use right ph water from start, and il be vegging abit longer, topping them once, and take clones from lower branches. Il use some netting to bind down the highest growing tops to try get stronger light to the lower buds. I saw one here showing his plants with all branches at same hight, gaining far over 1g pr watts. I want to try do something similar like that
Im thinking of growing sacitrus haze, as its suppose to be dominant sativa and yield seemed high too. Or ill buy some other strain when i visit amsterdam next
switching to 7L is definetely a good idea and yeah you can host 16 in your tent.

i think you should succeed growing plant without topping in SOG before attempting to top your plant, you can also get 1g/w doing so, but what's really count is gr/w/m²/"weeks spent veg +flo" and it's hard to beat SOG in that regards topping induce longer veg before the flip and it kill the ratio.

trt92

trt92

switching to 7L is definetely a good idea and yeah you can host 16 in your tent.

i think you should succeed growing plant without topping in SOG before attempting to top your plant, you can also get 1g/w doing so, but what's really count is gr/w/m²/"weeks spent veg +flo" and it's hard to beat SOG in that regards topping induce longer veg before the flip and it kill the ratio.
Yea i could avoid topping since i use bihger pots and wil have right ph and temp now from start so they wil probably get much higher, but had some problem with 1 plant growing 10 cm+ higher then the rest so i had to put lamp futher away then needed. Shud i bend those down to try get all tops even height?
And do you use to cut off lower branches to get more energy" on the higher branches?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Yea i could avoid topping since i use bihger pots and wil have right ph and temp now from start so they wil probably get much higher, but had some problem with 1 plant growing 10 cm+ higher then the rest so i had to put lamp futher away then needed. Shud i bend those down to try get all tops even height?
And do you use to cut off lower branches to get more energy" on the higher branches?
you can always put the taller plant on the side on the tent to compensate the fact they are closer to light., but until you grow clones from the same mother you will always have phenotypic variation between plants regarding height, this is also also true with topping not all phenotypes grow secondary branches with the same vigor.

Sometime you will have a few plants too close to the lights sometime a few a little too far, but truth is i never noticed signifiant enough difference in the end between plants, difference i see come from strain and phenotypes within a strain much more than being 15cm or 50cm from the led while flowering.

i sometime had plants being far from the lamp having much more apealing buds in the end than taller plants closer from the light, strain and phenotypes within a strain do it all

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

I looked at them now and could see bigger buds and some cloudy tricomes, abd i saw 1 or 2 ambers,, was still some crystal looking tricomes too, but i cut it down now and hang it upside down from tent roof and down.

Humidity said 70 now,,, was 50 last time, hope it goes down again,, dont want it to mold at end😅 the fan is on but not straight on the buds,,, will check humidity tomorrow morning.. If its still 70% shud i put fan facing the buds then??

trt92

trt92

Humidity 77 :/ has been on 50 but its been raining for a week so that could be the cause, as its a shed.
I put the fan from the floor blowing up towards the buds from some diistance

20230731 052340
20230731 052326
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Bad luck with the weather and RH near the end, it's the same here :/, crossing fingers you won't get mold while drying

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
The style and the way you want to grow is yours to choose... not for nothing I have a 5ftx5ft tent I only do 4 plants with a 640w led and got 2 pounds...

20230224 185723
Rusty74

Rusty74

I have DIY led's grow lights (150 watt from the wall) in a 70x70x160 and I grew 2 x king kush auto's, lst one and left the other to it's own devices, fed witj biobizz and dried weight was just over 4 ounces.. View attachment 2016346
Currently doing another one which I've fine tuned a little more, lst earlier on in her life and she's one week into flower, I posted some pics and details of my grow earlier today (yet to be seen 😭) 😂😂

trt92

trt92

I have DIY led's grow lights (150 watt from the wall) in a 70x70x160 and I grew 2 x king kush auto's, lst one and left the other to it's own devices, fed witj biobizz and dried weight was just over 4 ounces.. View attachment 2016346
That looks like alot, mine must be under 2 ounces then:(
So many coalas on the plants, is that several toppings?

Rusty74

Rusty74

That looks like alot, mine must be under 2 ounces then:(
Surprising how much you lose pal when it dries 😭 you'll lose around 75% once dried..mine we're auto's so I was glad for the weight as it took half the time..

Rusty74

Rusty74

Excited how much i will get, but will deffenetly dobble or tripple on next grow i hope
We are always trying to improve, I've tuned my current grow a little more and hope for more yield than my last, we learn from mistakes or try to improve from past experience.. That's the fun...

Latest posts

Top Bottom