Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

FWIW, I've always tried to replace all the air in the room every five minutes. Pretty easy to
calculate the total cubic footage of the grow space (length x width x height), and once
you have that number you can select an appropriate exhaust fan.

My flower room is roughly 450 sq. ft, and I use a Vortex fan that moves roughly 500 cubic
ft. per minute. I have it on a speed controller and run it at about 25% power. A quality fan
is important as you don't want your plants sitting in stagnate air, plus cheap fans are noisy
and it'll drive ya nuts.
How much desibel does your fans make?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
FWIW, I've always tried to replace all the air in the room every five minutes. Pretty easy to
calculate the total cubic footage of the grow space (length x width x height), and once
you have that number you can select an appropriate exhaust fan.

My flower room is roughly 450 sq. ft, and I use a Vortex fan that moves roughly 500 cubic
ft. per minute. I have it on a speed controller and run it at about 25% power. A quality fan
is important as you don't want your plants sitting in stagnate air, plus cheap fans are noisy
and it'll drive ya nuts.
I've a bathroom fan I boxed up with input and exhaust ducts, its been running 24/7 for 3 years + pulling air out of my veg closet......pretty cheap and silent & works great

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
…and this year’s MacGyver Award goes to…. PC!!
I new a guy who blew in foam pellet insulation by dropping a bathroom fan with 20ft 4" exhaust duct into an extra large bag full of pellets.and directed it where he wanted the insulation to blow into. With a 10ft pole attached to the end of the duct he filled his attic with free dangerous & against the law pellets to use because of fire code. but free insulation in a 200 year old home...it worked amazingly well and gave me my idea to use them to direct the air where I want it to go.

trt92

trt92

Here is my growsetup for now:
You can see fan and filter still on the ground,. Waiting for some parts. The pots with soil you see is just tomato seeds and sugar snap peas. I put out the temp, humid measurer and saw my temp is way to low, so i moved an oven in to heat up.
Btw, the little measurement cable coming out of the temp/humid box. Where should it be put in the tent for best measurement, and is it humidity or temp or both it measures??

Next day, temp improved
I hope the lamp wil make the temp later, or else its gonna be expensive keeping an oven outside to heat up theshed😅

20230325 060852
Mothman

Mothman

Next day, temp improved
I hope the lamp wil make the temp later, or else its gonna be expensive keeping an oven outside to heat up theshed😅
So nothing growing yet, right? Because at 18c it’s too cold for seedlings. And yes, an LED lamp will most likely give you some heat in the tent. 👍

trt92

trt92

So nothing growing yet, right? Because at 18c it’s too cold for seedlings. And yes, an LED lamp will most likely give you some heat in the tent. 👍
i see 26 celsius seem to be optimal temp for germination. and when growing 68f to about 77f , should i try stay in middle between 68f and 77f for optimal results?
still waiting for cannabis seeds to arrive, tomato and sugar beans there atm

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

with temperature you have in your shed a 400W hps that produce a noticeable amount of heat in comparaison to 300W LED would have probably be a better choice

19°C is the temperature you want at night, around 25° during day.

from my experience with hps i always had to deal with too much heat that why i switched to LED few month back
with hps average temperature was 34°C up to 40°C sometime in summer now with the LED average is 28°C

my tent is in the same room i live and room temperature is usually around 26°C during day 24°C during night

so in average hps rise temperature inside the tent from 8°C than room temperature while led rise temperature inside the tent from 2°C

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

cannabis can still grow with lower temperature than 19°C but growth will be slowed

trt92

trt92

led lamp is just on like 25% now and the tent door is wide open, think the temp will be ok when i close it and run led light at max, weathers getting warmer everyday. i got 16/8 light cycle now. having light on at night and morning since temp outside is coldest then

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i m a bit worried with your RH wich is a bit high and may expose you to mold near the end of flowering, it may drop in a few weeksdepending season and the weather but keep monitoring the rh for a whole years to know what's average

it's preferable to have a lower rh than high to prevent mold

if it happen 60% is your standard everyday rh you may want to look if a dehumidifier could be efficient enough inside your shed.

trt92

trt92

i m a bit worried with your RH wich is a bit high and may expose you to mold near the end of flowering, it may drop in a few weeksdepending season and the weather but keep monitoring the rh for a whole years to know what's average

it's preferable to have a lower rh than high to prevent mold

if it happen 60% is your standard everyday rh you may want to look if a dehumidifier could be efficient enough inside your shed.
its good now for germination. no fans are on yet

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

from my experience rh won't change much with fan and extractor on, even once the plants will be big enough rh will be higher iniside the tent than the shed especially at night

trt92

trt92

from my experience rh won't change much with fan and extractor on, even once the plants will be big enough rh will be higher iniside the tent than the shed especially at night
ok, ill see how itll look like later then fix it

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i m not really a good exemple as i usually have to deal with mold once or twice a years most of the time not losing much in quantity overall

as i said i have no control over temperature and rh with my set up and just have to deal with the season and what's the weather's like.

my own rh vary from 20% to 70%, actually is around 35% inside the room 45% inside the tent wich is perfect in my opinion i don't like much higher rh.

so well how to lower it, with a dehumidifier that significantly impact rh inside the shed because that where your tent are gonna suck and give back the air from. but i can't really help you with that as i don't use a dehumidifier, not sure if it will be efficient enough anyway.

trt92

trt92

Il probably get a dehumidifier when i'll be starting flowering if its to high RH.

btw any of you tried growing weed with blue colour and actually gotten it blue like on the pictures? thought i should try it once since i can get it cold here 🤔😅

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i have grown a few purple.

5282258 grow journal by herbaleduelite seedsdark rose auto cbd

but nothing like blue.

my friend had a few phenotypes from tropicana poison f1 fast version with leaves turning close to black near the end of flowering.

6751293 grow journal by orchydissweet seedstropicanna poison f1 fast version

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Dark Rose Auto CBD 1:1 from elite seeds

also grown Purple Kush CBD Auto 1:1 from seedsman

only time i have grown some auto is because i wanted such colour.

only photoperios strain i know that most pheno turn purple whatever the growing condition is:

most strain that 100% have purple flower guaranted are autoflower.

Top Bottom