Help with RDWC establishing roots

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

First time RDWC grower here.

Seedlings in rockwool trans planted 3 days ago into system.

But the plants are very droopy/wilted looking.

No roots coming out the clay balls yet.

I think letting the air pump run continuously is making the rockwool cube to wet. So I set the air pump timer 4 hrs off 1 hr on.

What's the best air pump on/off time for establishing roots in these systems?
Wow love seeing clean set up like this, how many liters of H20 total does it take to fill it all?

Just caught this thread.

login

login

I'm going to have order powder, ups keeps damaging any thing liquid and no where to buy local. NPK microbes bloom looks good enough.

Screenshot 20220108 075835 Chrome
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'm going to have order powder, ups keeps damaging any thing liquid and no where to buy local. NPK microbes bloom looks good enough.
I know the feeling. Took me 5 weeks and 4 different orders to get 10l of my bloom additive. Hell one time it made it to the truck, was on the way to my house, then the fucker returned it to shipping facility for inspection lol. . i was so mad. Seller was like wait until they respond. . i waited 7 days, then bought another, he refunded that day too bastard. . funny thing I got the next one in 3 days :\

login

login

I know the feeling. Took me 5 weeks and 4 different orders to get 10l of my bloom additive. Hell one time it made it to the truck, was on the way to my house, then the fucker returned it to shipping facility for inspection lol. . i was so mad. Seller was like wait until they respond. . i waited 7 days, then bought another, he refunded that day too bastard. . funny thing I got the next one in 3
Yup same thing happens here. Gets loaded for delivery than reported damaged and undeliverable after wating a week.

login

login

I hope the plants make a come back the next couple of days I can see, I am not happy with RDWC. I dont have much patience left.

I hooked my trailer up today thinking I might as well pickup a pallet of coir tomorrow.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

It looks interesting. Now this product would have said microbes on say oatmeal type product?
I have used another dry product and it left a nasty residue .

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I hope the plants make a come back the next couple of days I can see, I am not happy with RDWC. I dont have much patience left.

I hooked my trailer up today thinking I might as well pickup a pallet of coir tomorrow.
Well sir, you are new to hydro and how the biggest hydro transplant system ive seen on here. Of course it would be easier for you to stop and go coco but then you waited how much money on this system? Plus coco has its own challenges in regards to nutrient levels. Im assuming you have grown in it before.

Ive never grown anything, in soil or water, yet next month will be a year that ive grown in water. If I had started with your system, and the money you have spent on nutrients and all the stuff, I would be pulling my hair out. Im so thankfull I started with DWC, then worked my way up. So as my usual im going to offer the same advice. . .I think I got the other guy lined out with this advice. . .

Ro water, add equal ratios of Calmag and flora trio, 2ml hydroguard per gal. 200ppm till first node. 5.6ph
Is that meant for hydro? Are there differences between soil and and hydro bbs? I dont see it say for hydro, mainly for top feeding soil right?

What microbs have you tried again? Like this page is so long, and I thought we established last week it wasnt a root problem it was a nutrient problem?

It would please my soul if I was allowed the sole opportunity to fix your system before you gave up. My reasoning is simple, i want you also to be thankfull like I am that we stuck with hydro. Once you get over the hump and figure out what to add to your pot, no one will be able to grow as fast as you. Thats one hell of a system man. Regardless, im rooting for you even if your ready to give up. Hope you figure this shit out. You can also message me if you want me to stay organized on your grow. Atm with this many pages and comments its hard for me to even rememeber what your even adding to your res. Anyways, ill quit repeating myself .prolly not. .time to smoke. .

Jewerly0

Jewerly0

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

You asked for pictures so here are the 2 grows to compare. One at 68 degrees and one at 72 degrees... The 72 degree looks and feels about the twice the size of the 68 degree grow...

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

Here is Batch 2 at 72 degrees. The buds look much fatter and are very dense. They are in jars curing at the moment so i haven't yet compared the quality of the smoke between batches although both batches came from the same mother plant just 9 weeks apart...

Batch 2 pic 3
Batch 2 pic 4
login

login

I had to go back to coco until I can learn dwc. I've had brown slime, red algae, but this last slime attack was like a clear mucus covering my roots. I had no idea pathogens in dwc could be this hard to contend with.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
bummer, but not an bad idea. Instead of running plants just try to get the water levels and parameters correct. Once you see that everything is stable than try to add one clone in a rockwool and see what happens. By the way, you were going to run RDWC not DWC.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I had to go back to coco until I can learn dwc. I've had brown slime, red algae, but this last slime attack was like a clear mucus covering my roots. I had no idea pathogens in dwc could be this hard to contend with.
Can you slim that system down, I mean your keeping your hydro gear right? What was the link to that system, you bought it right?

Ive also looked for pictures of my black roots in my first Dwc.. I mean black black. I was running hydroguard yet was adding tap water with chlorine which killed my bbs.. Least that's my assumption.

Glad you can fall back onto a passive system at least, you drip? And if you build another room, or slim this down and wanna try a new formula.. Hit me up. I wanna see if your system online needs some tweaking, basically what would I do to make it work.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Can you slim that system down, I mean your keeping your hydro gear right? What was the link to that system, you bought it right?

theres a whole section here dedicated to under current.
Lot's of good reads going back years 2014 to 2016 i remember most

Last edited:
login

login

Yes drip to waste in coco/hydroton 25/75 mix.

Been working on drip manifolds

20220125 071840

Latest posts

Top Bottom