Help with RDWC establishing roots

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
login

login

Thanks dirtbag for your reply. My water comes from a well. I have to add very little ph down maybe like 2-3 ml every other day. I'll top feed them the next few days and see how they look.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks dirtbag for your reply. My water comes from a well. I have to add very little ph down maybe like 2-3 ml every other day. I'll top feed them the next few days and see how they look.
Ahh, I thought I read RO in there, my bad. I read so many threads its tough to keep track of what's going on at times.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm gonna say reduce the light even more.

Humidity might be a touch high? Not sure on that.

What is the ppm of your source water before adding anything to it.

Exactly how much of what are you mixing and exactly how. Including mixing times.

Ph change over 24 hrs?

If you using jack 321 and not adding Epsom salt you are 100% doing it wrong.

3-2-1 by weight is how you mix it.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Ahh, I thought I read RO in there, my bad. I read so many threads its tough to keep track of what's going on at times.
"Right now I'm feeding 300 ppm with ro water but lights are dimmed down to 20%"

Post #9 he said he is using ro water. I too thought I read it somewhere

Magnesium def. His first picture shows new growth looking ok.
His newest pictures show the new growth looking def (imo). Magnesium is mobile and is moving up.
A foiler spray of Epsom salt at 1 teaspoon/liter mix would be my go to if they were mine keeping an eye on the new growth while removing damaged.
@Aqua Man mentioned using Epsom salt with Jack's formula (or your doing it wrong) which means nothing to me as I've never gone down that path but maybe someone could comment on that to educate me as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

"Right now I'm feeding 300 ppm with ro water but lights are dimmed down to 20%"

Post #9 he said he is using ro water. I too thought I read it somewhere

Magnesium def. His first picture shows new growth looking ok.
His newest pictures show the new growth looking def (imo). Magnesium is mobile and is moving up.
A foiler spray of Epsom salt at 1 teaspoon/liter mix would be my go to if they were mine keeping an eye on the new growth while removing damaged.
@Aqua Man mentioned using Epsom salt with Jack's formula (or your doing it wrong) which means nothing to me as I've never gone down that path but maybe someone could comment on that to educate me as well.
Jack's is like this 3gram part A, 2 gram part B and 1 gram of Epsom salt.

login

login

Right I use well water it comes out at 50 ppm before i run it through the UV, scrubbers, and RO than it comes out at 10 ppm.

I use dosers and mix a stock concentrate solution.
I use the 321 formula
So its 750 grams per gallon of 5-12-26 and 500 grams calcium nitrate per gallon to make my stock concentrate.
Than I set my doser at the same ratio and measure each dosers output by ppm.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You need the Epsom but you also need to have some alkalinity in the water before adding nutes. I wouldn't even bother to run it through the RO filter if it comes out the well at 50ppm. Thats already low in itself, but it depends how alkaline it is really. What is the ph of your well water?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Mate, you have shelled out really good coin for that setup. I know, i have one. (Props and Crops @KingKobi)
Why then did you not just go with their nute setup, be conservative w feeding just to get a baseline grow for your first go round? Mixing this, amending that multiplied by impatience = where you at. Yes the CC nutes are pricey but essentially set and forget while you start to get a feel for the ebbs and flows of your grow.
I will be the first to tell you i don’t know much but i do know this: Less Is More.
Relax, keep watching your girls, don’t make knee jerk reactions, keep reading here and asking questions. It will come together for you.

Don’t try and shoot the lights out this grow, just get a solid grow under you and put stuff in the memory bank for next time.
Down the road you will intuitively know what to do when but the journey is half the fun.

Good luck and keep at it.

One final word. I really admire the dirt guys bc it is definitely a science to getting that soil ‘cook’ right. It is a hard won skill and that shit takes time. Don’t beat ya self up, just keep paying attention and it will come together for ya down the road.
KK

login

login

I'll grab some Epsom salt this morning and add that. I'm still working on the flower room so I actually need the plants not grow too fast but not die on me either lol.
I really do appreciate everyone's help on here and I'll beable to return the help in the future once I figure things out.

login

login

You need the Epsom but you also need to have some alkalinity in the water before adding nutes. I wouldn't even bother to run it through the RO filter if it comes out the well at 50ppm. Thats already low in itself, but it depends how alkaline it is really. What is the ph of your well water?
I sent a water sample off years ago I remember it being around 6.6 ph with alot of iron in it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

+1 or add alkalinity back. Either way 100% needs addressed along with the mag sulfate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do you mean +1? How can I add alkalinity?
Potassium silicate or potassium bicarbonate would be my choice.

If you have PH up it will likely be potassium bicarbonate or hydroxide and either of those will work.

Add 1/2 tsp per 5 gal and check the ppm 100ish should be a good place to start. Then add your 3 2 1 and ph down at the end.

You'll find you need a little more oh down but the PH will be much more stable after.

login

login

So I just tested my raw well water and it's at 6.0 ph and 40 ppm. But when I run it though the RO comes out at 6.9 ph and 10 ppm. Once I add my nutes it goes down to 6.3 than I adjust down to 5.8. And it stays there for a few days before it gets to 6.0.

login

login

So I just tested my raw well water and it's at 6.0 ph and 40 ppm. But when I run it though the RO comes out at 6.9 ph and 10 ppm. Once I add my nutes it goes down to 6.3 than I adjust down to 5.8. And it stays there for a few days before it gets to 6.0.
I do add protek silica

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

As dirtbag said you don't need to ro your water.
I posted here once what my starting well water ppm once with lots commenting i should almost be dead. Very high alkalinity (natural buffer?) 2000 ppm starting 40 to 80 after ro

Screenshot 20210913 123520 Chrome

Top Bottom