Help with RDWC establishing roots

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

How does this one look?
Looks better! Now for a peak at the roots? The leaves are a tad droopy so could be the time that you took the photo in relation to the lights about to go on or off ( as aquaman has suggested). If not, a look under the hood would be in order (Root inspection) Looking good though...

login

login

I've pulled there big fan leaves and have topped once.

I'm not use to this short growing structure of the plants it seems the plants are staying shorter under led vs CMH. I turned the lights up to 40% maybe that will help the lower braches stretch up more.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I've pulled there big fan leaves and have topped once.

I'm not use to this short growing structure of the plants it seems the plants are staying shorter under led vs CMH. I turned the lights up to 40% maybe that will help the lower braches stretch up more.
What steps did you take to correct the problems you had? Look better

How long (how tall) do you plan to veg?

Pictures of the new growth. (Looking for magnesium def)

A bit of information about your growing experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

An hour after lights out when I took the pic.
Yeah 100% normal bro. When they are not transpiring (the main driving force plants use to pull water and nutrients through the plant driven by light but also affected by environment) the stomata close and it slows the flow of water through the plant.

This flow of water is what gives plant thier rigidity. Plants "praying to the light" is an example of this. They higher the photosynthetic rates the harder transpiration is driven (again also affect by environment in the presence of light) the more rigid the plant and leaves become. That's why lower leaves never appear as rigid as upper leaves.

Toss in a quick tip....

When defoliating you should chose these leaves that are not as rigid first when possible as it's a clear indication these leaves are not as productive. It's clearly a benefit to keep the most photosynthetic leaves possible as they are converting the most light energy into energy forms used for growth by the plant.

So light go out, stomata close, water pressure in the plant drops and it droops. Lights come on stomata open (highly regulated by blue light) water flow and pressure increase and poof its as erect as... well let's just make a funny here 😄 every wonder why they made the little blue pill blue?

Coincidence or unknown?

login

login

What steps did you take to correct the problems you had? Look better

How long (how tall) do you plan to veg?

Pictures of the new growth. (Looking for magnesium def)

A bit of information about your growing experience.
Adding the 1 gram of Epsom salt per gallon corrected the problem.

I have 10 foot ceiling so 5 or 6 foot high plant vegged 2 months sounds good to me.

I've been growing in coco around 3 years, I grow large plants, with golden goat I can hit 1.5 lb a plant. it's big ol plants vegged and flowered under 1000 watt CMH lights, but much lollipoping, topping, and defoliating must be done with that size.

I hope the LEDs do at least just as good as the CMH lights I had.

20211203 101739
20211203 112251
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Adding the 1 gram of Epsom salt per gallon corrected the problem.

I have 10 foot ceiling so 5 or 6 foot high plant vegged 2 months sounds good to me.

I've been growing in coco around 3 years, I grow large plants, with golden goat I can hit 1.5 lb a plant. it's big ol plants vegged and flowered under 1000 watt CMH lights, but much lollipoping, topping, and defoliating must be done with that size.

I hope the LEDs do at least just as good as the CMH lights I had.
Fyi
My ceiling height is 12 ft
Flip day may 10 (7 weeks from seed)
Screenshot 20211203 172222 Gallery

July 21, the bottom wire i hang the yoyo on is 6 ft off the floor
Screenshot 20211203 173831 Gallery

2 lb plus plant

Last edited:
login

login

Also what centers are you on? I have 3 foot centers for veg room and 4 foot centers in the flower room is about as large as I can go I figured 4x4 space for each plant per each 480 watt LED.

Speaking of led should I leave the IR diodes off first 2 weeks of stretch? Would that help keep the canopy short.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Also what centers are you on? I have 3 foot centers for veg room and 4 foot centers in the flower room is about as large as I can go I figured 4x4 space for each plant per each 480 watt LED.

Speaking of led should I leave the IR diodes off first 2 weeks of stretch? Would that help keep the canopy short.
60 inch centers.

Leds are something i know little about so i don't want to speak out of turn

login

login

Everything seems to look on track.
My ph is slowly creeping up a tenth of a point every couple days. Lights are still dimmed to 40%.

I need to get more heat in the room leaf surface temps are 69F

20211206 102830
Reactions: PK1
login

login

Turned my lights up to 50% couple days ago and now I'm seeing some blotching and deformed leaves.
I uped my ppm to 700.
Orp is 400 mv
Ph is 5.7
Water temp 68
Air temp 78
Humidity 60%
Co2 700 ppm

I will say the roots dont look as bright white as they use too. I hope I'm not getting root rot

20211212 092434
20211212 094431
Last edited:
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Roots look good.

if everything else is fine , I think you lights to close as your leaves are not lifting.

just an opinion. Enjoy

PK1

PK1

Supporter
What % what the intensity before you ramped it up to 50%? You can see the leaves are tacoing "curling" thats usually cuz of heat so keep an eye on your temps and humidity. The roots look okay to me

login

login

So there is some brown looking slime stuff stuck in my root balls. Its really hard to see it.

Should I use more uc roots? Using 3 ml per gal atm.

My lights were at 30% leaf surface temp are at 76f with the light 2 foot over canopy. These are only 120 watt lights.

login

login

Added more uc roots and set water temp lower to 64F yesterday and today The brown slime is getting worse.

20211213 094221
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i've never use the products you use, if the slime is getting more than something is not right with your water parameters. What has been added, removed or done that is causing the roots to get slimery.
I remember in DWC i had water parameter issues and i had to keep adding PH down and because of constantly adding ph down it was giving me trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom