Help with RDWC establishing roots

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
login

login

I'll be trying one at a time if the pool shock fails. I'll probably try the mycostop first.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I mean its the same bacteria but not really. Different strains of bacteria are patented and if isolated not allowed to be used by others. Saying its the same strain is like saying all apples are the same. Some are quite different than others but overall work the same. If seen plenty of sealed systems fighting root rot that southern ag couldnt fix. I have yet to see a sealed system that hydroguard didnt fix. All in the strain. It reminds me of people who pheno hunt here. The only issue ive every heard about hydroguard is its hard to get or its expensive. Ive heard plenty of bad things about southern ag lol. Not saying it wont work, just saying you get what you pay for. I wouldnt be mixing the bacterias either, like adding as many as possible. The more bacteria you have the more 02 you will need in your water.
thats funny, cuz i had thousands of problems with hydroguard. never tested southern ag, although aquaman says it works great.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Maybe the mycostop with the z7 would be a good combo
don't just combine stuff, its like taking a little bit of ingredient from each chef and making your own stew.
i dnt know what MycoStop is but i know what Z7/9 can do.

Z7 doesn't need anything else added. It's very simple, Water, mix nutrients, ph correction and Z7.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Generally you have to decide up front if you want to go sterile or not. The investment and process is totally different and requires different equipment and focus.

Good Luck 🍻
Thats kinda what I thought and have read since back in 2013 whe i bought my first current culture 4 site setup.

Imo im running a live system but without anything added.

My mixture contains gh 3part, calmag, ph up, ph down, (only this last year started using potassium silicate). that's it, nothing more added to the water. I do foliar epsom if needed.

I change out water at 14 maybe 20 days always keeping 5 gallons of the old water to mix with the new. I've done it this way for about 20 different runs now with good results always thinking i just haven't been doing it long enough to have a failure.

login

login

Thats kinda what I thought and have read since back in 2013 whe i bought my first current culture 4 site setup.

My mixture contains gh 3part, calmag, ph up, ph down, (only this last year started using potassium silicate). that's it, nothing more added to the water. I do foliar epsom if needed.

I change out water at 14 maybe 20 days always keeping 5 gallons of the old water to mix with the new. I've done it this way for about 20 different runs now with good results always thinking i just haven't been doing it long enough to have a failure.
So your just using the z7 to keep your res live?

login

login

So your just using the z7 to keep you res live?
I don't use anything. I don't think all bacteria is bad.
That's how I was going except I added uc roots and got slimed right out the gate.

If i would have been in coco these plants would be flowering already.

Hitting 1.5 lbs per plant in 3 gallon pots of coco drain to waste

20210702 091903
20210818 131957
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

So your just using the z7 to keep you res live?

That's how I was going except I added uc roots and got slimed right out the gate.

If i would have been in coco these plants would be flowering already.

Hitting 1.5 lbs per plant in 3 gallon pots of coco drain to waste
The size of room you are running. Imo you would be best going either live or sterile.

Southern ag would be my go to route if the $hit was to hit the fan for me

Edit, have always used a chiller with temp set at 68 f

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

thats funny, cuz i had thousands of problems with hydroguard. never tested southern ag, although aquaman says it works great.
I mean when I was new to hydro and using it I still got root rot. But once I figured out what was causing it (using tap water on roots) I've never had it again.

I mean I guess all the other stuff could work, but regardless I don't want to consider myself lucky. Like I don't even clean my utensils very well either.. 72f water Temps.. Just seems like the hydroguard keeps this thing afloat.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I mean when I was new to hydro and using it I still got root rot. But once I figured out what was causing it (using tap water on roots) I've never had it again.

I mean I guess all the other stuff could work, but regardless I don't want to consider myself lucky. Like I don't even clean my utensils very well either.. 72f water Temps.. Just seems like the hydroguard keeps this thing afloat.
i was using tap water and i have a very natural tap water parameters. Mixed with MC and hydroguard and the plant got worse. I find some stuff works for some ppl while it doesn't for others.
There can be many aspects, but for starters if the water parameters are different then we have different problems.

login

login

So what works the best sterile or live? I've been reading alot of growers get a brown slime and are never able to completely get rid of.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i never had brown slime after the enzymes was added. You need to make a diction on which method you want to go with. They work slightly differently i am assuming.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
can i see a picture or video of your entire setup. rez and so on

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I'll try to make one tomorrow if I feel like checking on the plants
I love checking on my plants if not but just to stare at them, Although there is something to be said about fiddling with them too much.

login

login

The kangaroots will be in today so I'll just go with that. It says for recirculating systems to add 2.5 ml per gallon or should I be adding more on first dose?

login

login

Okay did a res change and added the kangaroots to the system and top fed as well. Dimmed lights to 20%.
I didn't add any uc roots.

Not sure what else I should do now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom