Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Does that mean 14 days in the solo cup?

Having trouble uploading files again! The seed that never popped up is dead, and I wanted advice on what to do with the one with the seed stuck to it.

I had a pic taken of what it looks like after I carefully removed the seed and am not sure if its going to grow at all. If it doesnt then Im down to 3 plants, possibly 2 if the stunted one doesnt grow!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Heres the pic of the one I had to remove the seed off. Its more yellow than green but its hard to tell in the pic.

Think it has any chance? Its not growing at all

2014 06 21 183753 1
burn4me

burn4me

Heres the pic of the one I had to remove the seed off. Its more yellow than green but its hard to tell in the pic.

Think it has any chance? Its not growing at all
give it some time and treat it with same love as the others. sometimes they might drag but give it a few days and youll be able to tell for sure weather or not to cull it. and i let my seedlings go for 3 weeks before i counted themas vegging. some say sooner but me being new i wanted to make sure they were good and established before putting them in bigger shoes and hitting with the feed. but this is just my 2 cents. play with it and in due time you will find what suits you.

oh yeah glad you can finally post pics for visualizations. lol

freespirit

freespirit

After they pop to the surface it is safe to remove the humidity hood.. the soil looks pretty soaked in they pic. Don't drown them! Also I can't tell the distance on your light but you should be safe to drop to 12" of highest node.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks man, that was just after a little watering which is why it looks so wet.

12"? Other people have told me 18" to 24" even with LED. The LED was at 22" in that pic, I put it at 18" today.

It does put out a little bit of heat, at 18" the temp at highest node is 79°F. Should I move it closer?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yeah no stretch at all, Il upload a pic now in a min. I have them 11" away from the LED after what you just said and temp only went up to 80°F.

Should I leave it at that? I know some say further away but isnt the goal to get them as close to plants as possible without heat getting too much for them?

Also Im only running it at half power for the seedlings so Im only using 180w actual draw.

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 23 180549

So it looks like I already have to transplant out of solo cups just 4 days after putting them in due to roots growing out of the container! This is the biggest seedling, the others are even smaller!

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 23 180604

Heres a pic of one of the roots. I thought it usually takes 7-14 days for roots to outgrow a solo cup, and that the plant would have at least 2-3 sets of leaves?

This has me wondering if the plants will become rootbound very fast in my 3gal hempy buckets

burn4me

burn4me

i dont think you have to transplant. i didnt when they showed through the bottom. its not a whole mess of em. that looks like a taproot. probably looking for water. did you leave it to sit in the water? maybe thats why, but i wouldnt up pot yet. but if it makes you feel comfortable then by all means go for it. just be carful not to drowned it in bigger container. since its roots arnt that well set in. good luck

irishboiii

irishboiii

So Id get away with leaving them in solo cups a while longer? The growth wont be stunted with roots growing out the bottom?

They werent sitting in water, unless there has been a bit of excess runoff that I didnt see during waterings.

So roots out the bottom are ok? Should I do anything to them?

burn4me

burn4me

So Id get away with leaving them in solo cups a while longer? The growth wont be stunted with roots growing out the bottom?
id say your fine. roots arnt down at the bottom wrapping up or anything. and has it been growing with no issues? if so then no its not stunted.

[/quote]So roots out the bottom are ok? Should I do anything to them[/quote]
idk if its ok but it did my plants no harm and they will air prune i guess
got some more pics? side shots of cup and growth? hope all is well bro

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 29 195633

Ok things are moving along fast! Im having some issues with leaves curling upwards though, anybody know whats up with that?

My temp is always between 75° & 85°, I have an oscilating fan gently blowing them, my nutes are always 5.7PH to 5.8PH and PPM's about 440.

Im giving 0.5ml per litre of AN Grow Micro & Bloom, as well as 0.5ml per litre of Plant Magic Magne Cal.

Anybody know whats causing the leaves to curl upwards?

burn4me

burn4me

View attachment 418600

Ok things are moving along fast! Im having some issues with leaves curling upwards though, anybody know whats up with that?

My temp is always between 75° & 85°, I have an oscilating fan gently blowing them, my nutes are always 5.7PH to 5.8PH and PPM's about 440.

Im giving 0.5ml per litre of AN Grow Micro & Bloom, as well as 0.5ml per litre of Plant Magic Magne Cal.

Anybody know whats causing the leaves to curl upwards?
how long has it been since sprouted up? they shouldnt need fed for a couple weeks after the initial sprouting. did you supercharge your coco? or just plain wash? maybe its the feed or your lights a tad bit to close. whats RH?

irishboiii

irishboiii

RH? Thats humidity right? I dont have a humidity meter so dont know. It doesnt feel humid in there though. Lights are just under 12" away and I have the temp meter at the tip of the plants and it never exceeds 85°.

I didnt precharge, just flushed. And I was going to feed water only for first week until somebody told me to feed nutes from the get go in coco

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 29 202032

Btw heres a pic of the roots, is it time to transplant? Or could I wait longer?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Just realised you asked when they were put into the solo cups, I put them into solo cups on the 19th so 10 days ago, they didnt pop up from under the coco until a day later

burn4me

burn4me

View attachment 418605

Btw heres a pic of the roots, is it time to transplant? Or could I wait longer?
i waited a little longer but they seem to be good so you can if you see fit. just dont let them start wrapping themselves around.

i would consult a LED grower like power for the distance and such of light. is airflow good throughout the whole area around plants?
and for feed in the coco that person maybe right but idk for sure it was more of a suggestion. i grow in promix and it dont have anything in it feed wise and i still didnt need to feed for 2 1/2 weeks or so.

Top Bottom