Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Power OG

Power OG

Looking great Irish brother. I'm @day 62.
Respect
Alion
IMG 20140923 102338

Power OG

Power OG

I probably will push them to next weekend but I could harvest today. Just prefer the high of a 70+ day harvest over a 63day harvest.
I'm glad you had a good round in coco hempy. My parents will be visiting Ireland in 2015. Power's return to our Ireland. Lol

irishboiii

irishboiii

I probably will push them to next weekend but I could harvest today. Just prefer the high of a 70+ day harvest over a 63day harvest.
I'm glad you had a good round in coco hempy. My parents will be visiting Ireland in 2015. Power's return to our Ireland. Lol

Yeah Iv done well considering they arent recieving adequate light due to how much they stretched. My next run will be Nirvana Aurora Indica, a strain that is very short in stature and flowers fast. Since it wont cause me any height problems I should get a very good result from that!

And thats cool man, I hope they have a safe journey and enjoy their time in the Emerald Isle.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Starting to get a bit worried guys, Iv been looking at the buds I harvested and these buds are extremely airy. They dont even look like lumps of bud, just tiny airy calyx's stacked together.

There is literally zero density, and the leaf to bud ratio is awful. Theres way too many sugar leaves and not enough bud.

My hopes of 4+ zips may be down the drain. Wont know for sure yet I guess, Il have a better idea when the buds I harvested are dry and I finish manicuring them and can weigh them.

If those 3 tops give me about 5g each then I may still have a 4oz haul.

irishboiii

irishboiii

http://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest that seems to be a good guide to harvest drying and curing.

Good article man. Il see how the tops I harvested are when I take my first sample Friday. They were mostly cloudy trichs with about 20% amber. All pistils were brown and receeding.

If the buzz is good, Il harvest the rest the same way. If I think the buzz is lacking something, Il let the trichs get more amber before I harvest the rest.

G

growPotato

ya i found it very handy as it explains all in very easy lingo and only thig i cud find to give a proper description on how to cure and good pictures to work off!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Quick update guys, its been 5 days since I harvested those 3 tops and they dont look as bad now. Still very airy with no density, but dont look terrible.

Il have a smoke in two days and put the rest in a mason jar.

Not sure when the rest will be ready, theres one top Il chop tomorrow due to lots of amber trichs, but some tops are showing no signs of finishing yet.

Fuck Sattys. Excellent smoke but fuck the stretch and the extremely long flowering time.

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

Hey guys, so Im germinating my seeds in water right now and will be starting my grow when they sprout.

Im growing 4 DP Power Plants in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent in 3gal hempy buckets.

Iv grown weed before in soil but had no idea what I was doing so Im considering this my "first" grow.

My LED is a Vipar B2x4 600w (360w actual draw)

How hot is that LED? Nice show.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Ok guys big update. Checked the trichs on all the tops of the best plant, and they are 20-30% amber and the buds themselves look done, with zero white pistils. Il be harvesting all the tops on that plant tomorrow which will be day 70.

Expect some awesome pics because the best, fattest top in the entire canopy is getting chopped!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Right, either my kitchen scales is insanely unaccurate, or this bud is the airyiest bud known to man. Not happy with the overall weight, but I suspect my cheap kitchen scales is off by at least 2-4g.

Biggest bud just after being harvested:

Downloadfile

Biggest bud after 6 days of drying:

2014 10 02 175317

That bud came to just 3g on my kitchen scales!

Second biggest bud right after harvest:

Downloadfile 2

Second biggest bud after 6 days of drying:

2014 10 02 175350

That bud also came to just 3g

Smallest bud right after harvest:

Downloadfile 1

Smallest bud after 6 days of drying:

2014 10 02 175416

That bud came to 2g on my scales. Bringing me a total of just 8 measley grams off 3 tops. Yet when I weigh them all together I somehow end up with 10g. Which proves my scales is shit lol. Not accurate at all.

Herer all the bud beside my wallet:

2014 10 02 180451

Stay tuned, harvesting a few more just before lights on in 20mins.

Edit: PS, this bud is the stickiest fucking bud Iv ever touched in my entire life :-)

Last edited:
irishboiii

irishboiii

Harvested 8 tops, heres the best one

2014 10 02 191908
2014 10 02 191924

Doesnt look like much in the pic but its impressive in real life.

Heres all 8 hanging in my dry box

2014 10 02 201011

If 8-10g is really all I got of the other 3 tops, Im only expecting another 10-15g off the 8 tops I just snipped because some of them are very poor.

canadaseed

canadaseed

not bad perhaps the strain being sativa would've just kept getting taller and taller.. You got some good smoke tho and a decent amount. Imagine if you got a spider mite infestation or something like that,, that would suck. what is the final weight are they still drying?. Whenever you start your next grow, by the looks of it you have your room dialed in perfectly and getting the right strain you'll have the yield you're looking for.

irishboiii

irishboiii

not bad perhaps the strain being sativa would've just kept getting taller and taller.. You got some good smoke tho and a decent amount. Imagine if you got a spider mite infestation or something like that,, that would suck. what is the final weight are they still drying?. Whenever you start your next grow, by the looks of it you have your room dialed in perfectly and getting the right strain you'll have the yield you're looking for.

Waiting on an accurate scales to get to me, plus I havnt harvested all tops yet. Theres about 10 left, and trichs are well over 30% amber now (apart from one or two that have zero amber) so Im starting my 72 hours dark when the lights go out in 2 hours and then harvesting all of them. Will have a total dry weight in a week.

At this stage Il be shocked If I hit 3 zips tbh, considering how airy the buds are. Not sure what Il get. All I know is Id have got a LOT more if I didnt have to tie all the main colas out of the way of the LED due to the stretch and me running out of space.

Cant wait to run Aurora Indica, gonna pull in a decent yield much faster with that due to its short stature. Learned a lot from this grow.

Edit: Im baked off a joint of it btw so thats why Im rambling on lol, this shit makes you real chatty.

Top Bottom