Hermi Seeds. What To Expect? (sog From Seed)

• Thread starter Lorisss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

anytime ive ever seen a nanner its been after week 5 of flipping, normally week 6 is when ive seen them. my old KKSC (prized strain, epic elite in my book) the genetics went south and I tried everything I and people on forums recommended, and nothing worked for 7 flower cycles. so I killed the ONLY strain I found to help my R/A vs taking vicodens.

once again, these are my views, no one elses. take it as you may.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Hi all :) I have some questions about seeds from hermi pollen.
Last year a friend of mine started 2 projects indoor and outdoor. One of indoor and one of outdoor females turn hermaphrodites and the rest was only females so the both hermis (in and out) pollinate the rest of the plants. So I started to grow those seeds and i don't know what to expect from them.
I read about hermis pollinate itself turns 80% hermaphrodite but if the hermi pollinate a female plant the seeds they will produce will turn feminized?!?

I'll attach photos of the indoor cross combinations and pic of the plants im currently growing(day 16(12/12 from one week)).

P.S. Sorry for my english
b28b2050ee736dcb.jpg

40bd29f5c7f8fbe5.jpg

Since you did not make clones of the originals it looks like you are stuck with a SOG that nobody on earth can predict. Learn to clone. Good luck!

Wisher619

Wisher619

@DemonTrich I agree with you on between 6-7 week...like I said it is natural for many strains to do this...We have hybridized strains to not do this but every once in a while....it happens...kinda like a Red Head...it can be passed for many generations and then "Peek-a-Boo"....OG's are notorious...same with bubba's...actually that is how both were created....late herm....to be clear though...I have seen real Herms...they will show at first sex...I have had Thai and Vietnamese strains literally grow pistils out of nanners and vise versa on the same [email protected] some clones of each one of those....it is real easy...you can actually clone all the way through flower....but take at least one clone from each....just in case you do find a badass....good to keep in the arsenal

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Hi all :) I have some questions about seeds from hermi pollen.
Last year a friend of mine started 2 projects indoor and outdoor. One of indoor and one of outdoor females turn hermaphrodites and the rest was only females so the both hermis (in and out) pollinate the rest of the plants. So I started to grow those seeds and i don't know what to expect from them.
I read about hermis pollinate itself turns 80% hermaphrodite but if the hermi pollinate a female plant the seeds they will produce will turn feminized?!?

I'll attach photos of the indoor cross combinations and pic of the plants im currently growing(day 16(12/12 from one week)).

P.S. Sorry for my english
b28b2050ee736dcb.jpg

40bd29f5c7f8fbe5.jpg

If indeed you decide to flower, I would personally make sure they get a smooth veg with plenty of time to balance plant hormones, then if possible to flower them out inside and outside but if only one or the other I would flower outside. Hermie seeds have a much greater chance balancing their hormones outside then inside.
Naz

Wisher619

Wisher619

Looks like a girl to me....a true herm would have balls developing as well right next to the caylix with pistil....That dosnt mean however that she won't throw nanners late in flower....Typically you can tell above all else what the genes are in the lineage...nanners and stretch are signs that Thai is lurking in the gene pool...super strong trait that I don't think can be erased....just kind of covered up by faster flowering times and whatnot....

Lorisss

Lorisss

I checking them everyday but its newish for me. I think there's a few of my plant witch have the properties that you talking about but its too early to tell...I'm tryin' to provide perfect conditions...hope not to hermi

Lorisss

Lorisss

Some of the plants started flowering.
But it becomes very close in the grow box. Here some pictures
0f8ff2f555d1753d.jpg

74edd1c52b921ab8.jpg

3a14a27040691446.jpg

6e9a3a05dbae5cee.jpg

Wisher619

Wisher619

Make sure that if you can check each plant in the morn and each plant in the evening....until they are fully sexed

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually, hermi late in flower is no big deal. If they hermie early on, it's a problem.

Lorisss

Lorisss

Can I remove the balls from the plant if they hermied or to protect them not to hermi at all? I check the flowers every day and theres still no balls. When to expect any changes(28 day from germinationand 21 days in 12/12)?

Wisher619

Wisher619

with that many plants....if one decides to throw a nanner....just toss her....but.....u can pinch a ball here or there but mark the ones tht do and keep a watchful eye....sometimes nanners will grow out between the calyx/pistil and the stem....so u never see it an the when u r harvesting....what the heck...I have seeds...the good thing is that most of the time it happens on the lower branches so most of you top colas are fine....in any case...good luck an enjoi the ride

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Can I remove the balls from the plant if they hermied or to protect them not to hermi at all? I check the flowers every day and theres still no balls. When to expect any changes(28 day from germinationand 21 days in 12/12)?
Once they start, I don't know how to make them stop. There's no way to know when to expect such changes, if at all. but the goal is to see it as late in flower as possible, nearing the 6-8 week mark in my opinion. If you do see some late flower bananas, know that you can spritz the girls with water and prevent pollination fairly successfully. The key here is the timing of any hermie traits showing up.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

Don't waste your time bro, unless you are an expert gardener. week 5-7 will get ya IMO. I've tried using herm seeds, 100% female until week 5, then BAM, full blown hermi within 3 days. I cried. Had a cut of pure power plant, outdoors, which was gifted by a cropper. Went hermie, I warned my buddy, he didn't listen, ruined his entire years crop. Some people are just too stubborn and trusting. Outdoor hermies are not growers fault, when there is no residual artificial light. Soma and some other "innovaters" have had their day, and the quest for the Holy Grail, makes us mortals desperate, greedy, and misguided IMO. DON"T DO IT.

Lorisss

Lorisss

Don't waste your time bro, unless you are an expert gardener. week 5-7 will get ya IMO. I've tried using herm seeds, 100% female until week 5, then BAM, full blown hermi within 3 days. I cried. Had a cut of pure power plant, outdoors, which was gifted by a cropper. Went hermie, I warned my buddy, he didn't listen, ruined his entire years crop. Some people are just too stubborn and trusting. Outdoor hermies are not growers fault, when there is no residual artificial light. Soma and some other "innovaters" have had their day, and the quest for the Holy Grail, makes us mortals desperate, greedy, and misguided IMO. DON"T DO IT.
What kind of seed you have been used? A hermie pollinate itself or hermie pollinate other plant ? Any other advices to grow them or not to...

Wisher619

Wisher619

just grow them and if one does pop up.....be smart.....the only way a Herm can ruin a crop is either all the plants herm or you are running a large enough operation that you never notice that one in which it pollinates everything.....in any case you should be fine....IMHO if people didn't work with hermies like say....Most Thai strains....we wouldn't have alot of the genetics that we have today....sooo....happy farming

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

take a peek under the bud sites. I found some on a certain strain that ruined almost an entire room full of gorilla glue4 (I managed to save 2 plants out of 9, 7 were a fluffy seeded mess and worthless). some nanners I found in the buds themselves.

I never thought of spraying the nanners with water. I might try this (knock on wood my hermie issues are in the past) I have NO fear of mold or mildew in my flower room. I have super awesome air movement in my 8x12x7 room. a/c + 8" intake+ 8" 720cfm exhaust on a scrubber + 3x 18" oscillating fans+ 3x 12 adjustable fans (78* canopy temp, 72* floor temp, 66* air coming into room, 73* air coming out the scrubber :)

Top Bottom