Hermi Seeds. What To Expect? (sog From Seed)

• Thread starter Lorisss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

yeah difference in the degree of it herming but still herming nonetheless
no they are different traits...one being that the plant will her from the onset, naturally, no mater what you do or how you grow it....the other being a female plant that is sensitive to stress and will throw male flowers...

Lorisss

Lorisss

I started giving them Bloombastic by Atami and still no signs of nanners or something. They are in week 4 of flowering with 2 purple buds and one royal caramel not from hermie seed. I'll upload a few pictures later

Lorisss

Lorisss

no they are different traits...one being that the plant will her from the onset, naturally, no mater what you do or how you grow it....the other being a female plant that is sensitive to stress and will throw male flowers...
That brings me back to my most important question will my plants turn hermie...what is the % ot YES and NO.
P.S. I'm really sorry for my English

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

That brings me back to my most important question will my plants turn hermie...what is the % ot YES and NO.
P.S. I'm really sorry for my English
chances are that your friend had a crop and one of the plants hermies a few weeks in due to stress, if so you plants from the seeds should be female with a small chance of some being TRUE hermies...there is a small chance in all plants (mj) varieties becoming true hermies, if its in the genes....a true hermie will show up in unstable genetics hat were bred with genetic lines that have the true hermie trait..

so in short, chances are your plants will be all female....

if your friend has a true hermie in the room and it pollinated the seeds, you would have a large portion of the seeds be true hermies(20-50% or more even maybe), and the rest could be a mix of male and female, or just female...

Lorisss

Lorisss

There was only one brech of hermie in my friendrs grow room so I hope the chance is lower for my plants to turn hermie.
So heres the update: I got 5 plants of hermie seeds in day 29 of flowering
45cf4c1ec694f825.jpg

I check them almost every day!
d376e3cbe2a5b7ba.jpg

8bba7bf4eceab11b.jpg

Royal Caramel(fast version) in day 3-4 of flowering (from clone)
I'm amazed how fast it is!
6c32a7a17a09a8dc.jpg

Purple Bud in pre flowering
d6952c307447b911.jpg

And finaly my clone box. These babies are still whaiting to go in the bigger "house"
1 x Critical Kush 1 x Strawberry Amnesia 1 x Loast Coast Hashplant and one more Royal Caramel

Lorisss

Lorisss

I'ts day 58 of tuning the light period to 12/12 (under 420W CFL) hermie seeds=crap...very small bud even when i give them atami bloombastic. But the other plants i grow are pretty well.
Here some pics.
Don't grow hermie seeds! (except they produce more buds in 2 weeks)

20150513 214203
20150513 214230
20150513 234631
20150513 234704
20150513 234723
20150513 234738
20150513 234835
Wisher619

Wisher619

Just a thought but I woul start to defoliate all the fan leaves right now and I would slowly cut back on the feeding as I don't believe those leaves should be that green....allow the plant to start to consume itself....it should have plenty of food...obviously I can't see the trichs but I would say another 4 weeks....Just My Opinion

Lorisss

Lorisss

Just a thought but I woul start to defoliate all the fan leaves right now and I would slowly cut back on the feeding as I don't believe those leaves should be that green....allow the plant to start to consume itself....it should have plenty of food...obviously I can't see the trichs but I would say another 4 weeks....Just My Opinion
Few of the pictures are not of hermie seeds...they are 2 Purple bud and 1 Royal Caramel and they are not in 58day of swich light period. They are clones that i get from a friend of mine and they are that green 'cuz of HPS to CLF switching (i guess)

Wisher619

Wisher619

the nice lush green color if I am seeing the picture correctly on the almost finished buds is a beautiful lush green....which means there is still a lot of nitrogen and chlorophyll .....it is always best in My Experience to allow the plant to begin to consume itself and break down.....IMO your plants should look like fall when harvesting...otherwise it will smell a little grassy and take for ever to break down....I could be wrong but that's just My thoughts

N

narleyharley

IMO it's getting sad how most seeds are Feminized now. I feel like I need to get my hands on non fem seeds so I can start breeding something without it, and keep it so it'll be super expensive when most strains are fem and all the parents are hermis.

Nothing against them, I'm even toying with the idea myself if I don't pop any maleS. But at the same time, I don't want to feminize my seeds Due to wanting to have a stable mother and father with great genes.

S

SilverStitch

Demon I'm a new grower and know lil about genetics but I know that in my personal humble opinion there is NO such thing as a worthless flower. Sorry its not legal in any form where I currently live and your worthless flower is probably better than most I can get here

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IMO it's getting sad how most seeds are Feminized now. I feel like I need to get my hands on non fem seeds so I can start breeding something without it, and keep it so it'll be super expensive when most strains are fem and all the parents are hermis.

Nothing against them, I'm even toying with the idea myself if I don't pop any maleS. But at the same time, I don't want to feminize my seeds Due to wanting to have a stable mother and father with great genes.
I'm currently growing out some feminized beans (didn't realize they were fems til I got them), and talk about a lack of vigor, ugh. The only reason why I bought these beans is that I'd sampled the smoke and it was really good.

N

narleyharley

I'm currently growing out some feminized beans (didn't realize they were fems til I got them), and talk about a lack of vigor, ugh. The only reason why I bought these beans is that I'd sampled the smoke and it was really good.

Turns out the only hermi you want is reverse hermi which is when a male produces pistils as well. When these genes occur, it usually shows great vigor, strength, and yield when using the hermi male as a father, the allele also gets recessive very quickly when it's in the male.

epitome

epitome

Any amount of hermie tendency is a known monkey wrench in the grow system. I would take comments encouraging the growth of hermies with rocks of salt.

N

narleyharley

Any amount of hermie tendency is a known monkey wrench in the grow system. I would take comments encouraging the growth of hermies with rocks of salt.

Not true.

Unless you're breeding and develop a male hermi.....

quick word on "backward" hermaphrodites ? declared males that eventually sport female flowers ? as opposed to the usual female-to-male hermaphrodites. These are semi-rare occurrences, usually sterile but sometimes viable, that I have found at times to be valuable in their genetic contributions. Some of the most resinous and desirable males I have encountered exhibited this trait. This trait almost seems to guarantee against unwanted hermaphroditism in subsequent generations as it also increases the female to male ratio in its progeny.)

epitome

epitome

Not true.

Unless you're breeding and develop a male hermi.....

quick word on "backward" hermaphrodites ? declared males that eventually sport female flowers ? as opposed to the usual female-to-male hermaphrodites. These are semi-rare occurrences, usually sterile but sometimes viable, that I have found at times to be valuable in their genetic contributions. Some of the most resinous and desirable males I have encountered exhibited this trait. This trait almost seems to guarantee against unwanted hermaphroditism in subsequent generations as it also increases the female to male ratio in its progeny.)
Grow your hermies for the next 5 yrs or more and taste food with no salt and see how satisfying it is, that is if you still have an appetite for high grade marijuana. Better yet, dissect a calyx from your so called "sin semilla" nuggs and define the little "thingy" at the bottom of the hair/s then subtract that from the energy it takes from the flower and that equals your potency/medicinal outcome....
If that's not enough checkout some studies from Isreal cannabis scientist on the detrimental effects of pollen on patients lungs....
Lol
If thats not enough hook up your competition with a nice hermie clone and keep in touch with them to get some polite feedback from your contribution....

N

narleyharley

I feel you on growing hermi for smoking it..... But for breeding it's apparently good genetics if in a male. Iunno. Just an article I read.

I had to read that a few times though, affter dissecting the calyx... How does that define your potency?

epitome

epitome

I feel you on growing hermi for smoking it..... But for breeding it's apparently good genetics if in a male. Iunno. Just an article I read.

I had to read that a few times though, affter dissecting the calyx... How does that define your potency?
You'll learn much more if you grow your hermies and pay close attention to the difference between the potency/medical efficacy of the nuggs with empty calyxes vs calyxes with unidentified little thingys hanging from the hairs. If I explain any further you may interpet my perspective as antogonizing or condescending. Peace and hermie grease.

Top Bottom