Hey Y’all! 😎

• Thread starter Kingamb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingamb

Kingamb

Hello! New to the forum as a member…. Have been lurking around for a few months now just reading posts.
Thank you all for the wealth of information I’ve received!

This is my first time growing. Found two seeds in a bag and thought “ what the heck?!… let’s try it out”
Have grown numerous types of plants before so thought maybe I could give it shot.
First let me say…. This is the most exciting plant Ive ever grown. I truly do love it. Most mornings I just go check on her and just wish I could hug her! 😂😍
I’m so amazed that I even got her to what she is now. My GSD puppy got ahold of them two times as little seedlings and had them thrown out of the window sill.( he loves to chew on anything I touch)… one seedling didn’t make it. But my other girl surely did after I got her a dedicated and safe garage bathroom where she was locked away. I started with a $40 grow light from Home Depot and fox farms grow BIG. A few weeks ago I got a better light and last week switched her to flowering since she was about 3.5 ft tall. I have no idea what strain she is. So glad out of two seeds with one dying, the remaining was female.
Took some clones off her a few weeks ago and am now trying my hand at that.

My girl also has a Christmas tree look because I didn’t know about topping until really late in the game.
If my clones take… then I’m going to Top and try LST on them for my next grow.

Question for you guys? When do I start introducing Fox farms “open sesame” and “tiger bloom”?
Do I stop using “ Grow big” at this point? Her stems have started to become white fuzzy almost and I’m starting to see what looks like pre-flowers with a “stacking” look. Am I correct?
Thanks So Much!
Top photos are from before I switched light cycles.

Hey yall
Hey yall 2
Hey yall 3
Hey yall 4
Hey yall 5
Hey yall 6
Kingamb

Kingamb

Hello! New to the forum as a member…. Have been lurking around for a few months now just reading posts.
Thank you all for the wealth of information I’ve received!

This is my first time growing. Found two seeds in a bag and thought “ what the heck?!… let’s try it out”
Have grown numerous types of plants before so thought maybe I could give it shot.
First let me say…. This is the most exciting plant Ive ever grown. I truly do love it. Most mornings I just go check on her and just wish I could hug her! 😂😍
I’m so amazed that I even got her to what she is now. My GSD puppy got ahold of them two times as little seedlings and had them thrown out of the window sill.( he loves to chew on anything I touch)… one seedling didn’t make it. But my other girl surely did after I got her a dedicated and safe garage bathroom where she was locked away. I started with a $40 grow light from Home Depot and fox farms grow BIG. A few weeks ago I got a better light and last week switched her to flowering since she was about 3.5 ft tall. I have no idea what strain she is. So glad out of two seeds with one dying, the remaining was female.
Took some clones off her a few weeks ago and am now trying my hand at that.

My girl also has a Christmas tree look because I didn’t know about topping until really late in the game.
If my clones take… then I’m going to Top and try LST on them for my next grow.

Question for you guys? When do I start introducing Fox farms “open sesame” and “tiger bloom”?
Do I stop using “ Grow big” at this point? Her stems have started to become white fuzzy almost and I’m starting to see what looks like pre-flowers with a “stacking” look. Am I correct?
Thanks So Much!
Top photos are from before I switched light cycles.
Here are some better photos without the lights on…. I see my first little white hairs!!!😍
C652A4BB 9F83 4B9F A150 1A9B5083433A
0A707450 57AB 427E 8D2C 8FEA19D60CB5

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Heya @Kingamb and welcome to the Farm and Dojo. That is frickin awesome you have got this far with lunch money. I though about how much I have spent(much wasted) and now feel like throwing up 😂
Congratz on the young girl(s) and whatever you are doing is working really well. Unfortunately I am barely less green than you are and any advice to your questions from me would likely result in instant plant death 🤣 I do however know you for sure found the right group and you will likely get help worth listening to soon. I did notice you have leaves that seem like they are wet from foliar feeding. I never have done it but know some do and some don't but I am pretty sure you want to avoid this during flower or at least be real careful. Now that you are in flower I think it is time to systematically drop RH slowly until 40 or lower by harvest.

Kingamb

Kingamb

Heya @Kingamb and welcome to the Farm and Dojo. That is frickin awesome you have got this far with lunch money. I though about how much I have spent(much wasted) and now feel like throwing up 😂
Congratz on the young girl(s) and whatever you are doing is working really well. Unfortunately I am barely less green than you are and any advice to your questions from me would likely result in instant plant death 🤣 I do however know you for sure found the right group and you will likely get help worth listening to soon. I did notice you have leaves that seem like they are wet from foliar feeding. I never have done it but know some do and some don't but I am pretty sure you want to avoid this during flower or at least be real careful. Now that you are in flower I think it is time to systematically drop RH slowly until 40 or lower by harvest.
Thanks so much for your reply and your kind words! Makes me feel like I’ve done something right!
I did not know that about foliar feeding… I started doing it about 3 weeks ago because I was afraid that I might be watering to much. My leaf tips were curling down a bit and the very tips on some leaves were turning yellow. (maybe nutrient burn) So I let her dry out a bit and then flushed. Then for two weeks only did foliar feeding and lightly misted every other day.
That fixed the leaf tips. But just today I noticed she was dropping a little on the ends again. So your probably right about not feeding like that into flower phase. So I will stop that now😆

During vegetation I noticed the biggest growth with more lush leaves after I switched to a 5 gallon grow bag( from rain science) and switched my soil to fox farms ocean forest mix. She literally grew two feet in two weeks after doing that. My branches also got much stronger!
If you don’t mind me asking… what does “ Drop RH slowly until 40” mean?
Thanks again! 💜

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Thanks so much for your reply and your kind words! Makes me feel like I’ve done something right!
I did not know that about foliar feeding… I started doing it about 3 weeks ago because I was afraid that I might be watering to much. My leaf tips were curling down a bit and the very tips on some leaves were turning yellow. (maybe nutrient burn) So I let her dry out a bit and then flushed. Then for two weeks only did foliar feeding and lightly misted every other day.
That fixed the leaf tips. But just today I noticed she was dropping a little on the ends again. So your probably right about not feeding like that into flower phase. So I will stop that now😆

During vegetation I noticed the biggest growth with more lush leaves after I switched to a 5 gallon grow bag( from rain science) and switched my soil to fox farms ocean forest mix. She literally grew two feet in two weeks after doing that. My branches also got much stronger!
If you don’t mind me asking… what does “ Drop RH slowly until 40” mean?
Thanks again! 💜
No sweat and you deserve it. Sometimes hearing that we are on the right track or doing well goes a long way. You were probably right to foliar spray in veg especially since you noticed leaf tip issues that you reversed/stopped. The 5 gallon fabric pot is awesome and from what I hear so is Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I am using Fox Farm Happy Frog with some sprinkles of stuffs thrown in and it seems like great soil. I've heard Ocean Forest is "richer" or "hotter" than Happy Frog, meaning it has even more nutrients already in the soil.
I think if you just switched to flower you are going to see even more growth than this. I flipped to flower just a few days ago so am with ya.
RH means Relative Humidity. In the vegetative state we want high RH but in flower you want to slowly drop it and if you foliar spray it would make it harder. The trichomes, which are the only part of the plant with any THC, will develop soon and in response to humidity dropping they will "frost" even more. High RH in flower results in mildew and fungus for some.
Going to apple store with my lady to get phone replaced but will be on later cause there are some things I wanna toss at ya. One is do you have something the fabric pot can sit on that isn't that tile? Something where the bottom could drain out if had to, like this -> HERE (not sure size of this one)

J.dub

J.dub

Yeah, I'd stop any grow nutes at this point. Got a few pistils blasting out, plenty of green on those fan leaves, and she's about to stretch on you. She'll need more water over the next coupe weeks or so, but don't overwater. Start introducing whatever bloom nutes you want, but slooowly. You got a decent amount of decently hot soil there, so start with 1/4 strength and see how she responds. Keep an eye on the leaf edges and don't let the growth get outta hand on you. And good luck!

J.dub

J.dub

And I would def stop on the foliar feeds. You don't want nutes or nute/lens burn on your buds. They're most effective for fast nute delivery, on the underside of the leaves, 15 minutes after lights on/off. It adds to RH and can lead to mold issues, especially indoors.

Kingamb

Kingamb

You had me at GSD puppy… mine is 12. Best damn friend I’ve ever had! And he ironically swiped two of my outdoor plants earlier this season. Nice job on the grow. Looking healthy!
View attachment 1275254
Awww! You have a long coat baby too! These are my babies! Schatzi, she’s 3, Shooter, 2 and Mando is 7 months…. They are my loves! Other then my husband and 3 kiddos of course😉
Your girl is so pretty. She looks a lot like Schatzi in the face
C1DD0F27 203D 49CC 9716 0EF1F1370DF3
A531A114 AC19 4988 96B5 A84B52A39E38
CFC4FB35 3722 40FE 844D CC4189668481
6263D6BC 8E6A 4FD0 88EA 34AD6911C3D5

A7440686 DC57 4593 92F7 9A6705FAA458
Kingamb

Kingamb

No sweat and you deserve it. Sometimes hearing that we are on the right track or doing well goes a long way. You were probably right to foliar spray in veg especially since you noticed leaf tip issues that you reversed/stopped. The 5 gallon fabric pot is awesome and from what I hear so is Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I am using Fox Farm Happy Frog with some sprinkles of stuffs thrown in and it seems like great soil. I've heard Ocean Forest is "richer" or "hotter" than Happy Frog, meaning it has even more nutrients already in the soil.
I think if you just switched to flower you are going to see even more growth than this. I flipped to flower just a few days ago so am with ya.
RH means Relative Humidity. In the vegetative state we want high RH but in flower you want to slowly drop it and if you foliar spray it would make it harder. The trichomes, which are the only part of the plant with any THC, will develop soon and in response to humidity dropping they will "frost" even more. High RH in flower results in mildew and fungus for some.
Going to apple store with my lady to get phone replaced but will be on later cause there are some things I wanna toss at ya. One is do you have something the fabric pot can sit on that isn't that tile? Something where the bottom could drain out if had to, like this -> HERE (not sure size of this one)
I have sitting on an old milk crate.
You just helped a lot! The ends were probably for sure from nutrient burn after reading your reply. I continued with the same amount of nutes after switching to that soil and that was my problem if the ocean forest is richer. So my girl was getting double the nutes . I thought I was pretty conservative with water. But just wanted to be sure so kinda backed off.

Kingamb

Kingamb

Yeah, I'd stop any grow nutes at this point. Got a few pistils blasting out, plenty of green on those fan leaves, and she's about to stretch on you. She'll need more water over the next coupe weeks or so, but don't overwater. Start introducing whatever bloom nutes you want, but slooowly. You got a decent amount of decently hot soil there, so start with 1/4 strength and see how she responds. Keep an eye on the leaf edges and don't let the growth get outta hand on you. And good luck!
Thank you for the reply! As far as not letting growth get out of hand… what do you recommend? Am I suppose Top/ prune into flowering?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

actually scary how gorgeous your dogs are. There are enough dog peeps here that you are in really good hands. Above all it is important for you to keep "listening" to the plant. Just like when you thought "hmm something looks off about the tips of leaves. HEYYY HONEYYYY come here look look this. Do you see that? Don't the tips look like burnt a bit or something?" 😂 It is funny but THAT is what is going to get you to the finish line. I wish I had some experience with Fox Farm nutrients but I don't. I am on my 2nd grow so experience is limited. I would advise you to sit back and crack open a cool one or have a glass of wine though. You are at the Farm meow and success with your grow is pretty much a guarantee 😁 My pups are below and they say hi as well. Being a dog person I'm sure you know this behavior well. I called it "You know I can see you right" 😁

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You had me at GSD puppy… mine is 12. Best damn friend I’ve ever had! And he ironically swiped two of my outdoor plants earlier this season. Nice job on the grow. Looking healthy!
View attachment 1275254

How cute! I'm adopting this big guy next week- he's an all black German Shepherd trained as a PTSD service animal, he's about 3 years old and a total sweetheart! I'm sure my PTSD will appreciate his company! 🤠

I'll post better pictures next week!

Top Bottom