Hey Y’all! 😎

• Thread starter Kingamb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@CannaGranny look how far this nice lady got with $40 HD lights 😮

Whoever it was who made me spend $700+, TWICE on my lights! Step into my office, why? Cause your fin fired 😂 ~ something about mary

Kingamb

Kingamb

actually scary how gorgeous your dogs are. There are enough dog peeps here that you are in really good hands. Above all it is important for you to keep "listening" to the plant. Just like when you thought "hmm something looks off about the tips of leaves. HEYYY HONEYYYY come here look look this. Do you see that? Don't the tips look like burnt a bit or something?" 😂 It is funny but THAT is what is going to get you to the finish line. I wish I had some experience with Fox Farm nutrients but I don't. I am on my 2nd grow so experience is limited. I would advise you to sit back and crack open a cool one or have a glass of wine though. You are at the Farm meow and success with your grow is pretty much a guarantee 😁 My pups are below and they say hi as well. Being a dog person I'm sure you know this behavior well. I called it "You know I can see you right" 😁

That is so funny! Your pups are so cute! That blue is beautiful!
Mine do that same thing… the female is always lurking up on the boys and then kicks their a**! 😂😂 about once a day just to keep them in line… lol.
Mine also like to play the “ No bite , fight game” they just fight with their mouths open but never make contact…😂😂 it’s nuts!
Thanks for the compliments… they are quite the little beauties! When they aren’t acting Derpy at least.
And thank you for all the info too! A wealth of knowledge!

Kingamb

Kingamb

What an absolute beauty. That's yo road dawg right there 💪
How cute! I'm adopting this big guy next week- he's an all black German Shepherd trained as a PTSD service animal, he's about 3 years old and a total sweetheart! I'm sure my PTSD will appreciate his company! 🤠
View attachment 1275343

I'll post better pictures next week!
Oh! He is such a gorgeous dog! I have looked for a big boned black one for a while! They usually have some extra drive to them! He has a big chest and looks DDR… I’m hoping to one day have a black long coat out of one of my litters( if I ever have them) . I’m going to do a first time breeding with Schatzis next heat to see if it’s for me…. I’m not sure after having the pups though if I could ever get rid of them😂😂
I love the breed though! My dad is a vet and trained GSDs in the Army. So I’ve had them my whole life… they are such amazing dogs! Especially for PTSD!

Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Oh! He is such a gorgeous dog! I have looked for a big boned black one for a while! They usually have some extra drive to them! He has a big chest and looks DDR… I’m hoping to one day have a black long coat out of one of my litters( if I ever have them) . I’m going to do a first time breeding the next time Schatzis next heat to see if it’s for me…. I’m not sure after having the pups though if I could ever get rid of them😂😂
I love the breed though! My dad is a vet and trained GSDs in the Army. So I’ve had them my whole life… they are such amazing dogs! Especially for PTSD!
Yes he's HUGE! He's one of the biggest German Shepherds I've ever seen and he's full of energy!

I intend to let him breed with my full blooded Husky female (he's AKC papered, pure as well) at least once, before I get her fixed. Not starting a puppy mill!! But I prefer to breed my own lines of dogs.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This is my next door neighbors dog Dakota. He is the largest and most human-like GSD I have ever seen. Reminds me more of scooby doo than any I have ever seen. My neighbor takes him out late at night and Dakota pulls him on his longboard all throughout the neighborhood. Too cool

IMG 1226
Kingamb

Kingamb

Yes he's HUGE! He's one of the biggest German Shepherds I've ever seen and he's full of energy!

I intend to let him breed with my full blooded Husky female (he's AKC papered, pure as well) at least once, before I get her fixed. Not starting a puppy mill!! But I prefer to breed my own lines of dogs.
The DDR lines do get XL… Mando is DDR and East German. He weighs 81lbs at 7 months!! The vet said by growth chart he is on track to be 130lbs fully grown…. He is a beast! I was actually kinda concerned that he was growing to fast but she said he is extremely healthy. To be as big as he is, it is amazing how high and far he can jump! He is a total love bug… he wakes me up every night between 1-2am jumping on me in the bed and tries to squeeze between me and my husband😂😂 he is a BIG mommas boy! Even the king size is not big enough for the 3 of us..
Congrats on your new Guy and send me pics when you get him. He’s a dandy!

Kingamb

Kingamb

This is my next door neighbors dog Dakota. He is the largest and most human-like GSD I have ever seen. Reminds me more of scooby doo than any I have ever seen. My neighbor takes him out late at night and Dakota pulls him on his longboard all throughout the neighborhood. Too cool
That is a trip! 😂 I’d like to see that! He’s taking up most of the couch! 😂 Dakota says “My couch”… “Me Sits”

Nesta028

Nesta028

Awww! You have a long coat baby too! These are my babies! Schatzi, she’s 3, Shooter, 2 and Mando is 7 months…. They are my loves! Other then my husband and 3 kiddos of course😉
Your girl is so pretty. She looks a lot like Schatzi in the faceView attachment 1275310View attachment 1275311View attachment 1275312View attachment 1275313
Gorgeous pups! GSDs have long been my favorite breed. The most loyal dogs I have been around. Cleaning the fur around your place must be a full time job 😂

Kingamb

Kingamb

Gorgeous pups! GSDs have long been my favorite breed. The most loyal dogs I have been around. Cleaning the fur around your place must be a full time job 😂
Cleaning is defiantly a full time job! And I am a clean FREAK! I usually have to vacuum 2x per day. Morning and night! But hey… Me and Mary tackle the task with ease😁 vacuuming has actually turned into one of my favorite things… I can’t hear anything but Miele and my thoughts. It’s became kinda peaceful in recent years😂

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
The DDR lines do get XL… Mando is DDR and East German. He weighs 81lbs at 7 months!! The vet said by growth chart he is on track to be 130lbs fully grown…. He is a beast! I was actually kinda concerned that he was growing to fast but she said he is extremely healthy. To be as big as he is, it is amazing how high and far he can jump! He is a total love bug… he wakes me up every night between 1-2am jumping on me in the bed and tries to squeeze between me and my husband😂😂 he is a BIG mommas boy! Even the king size is not big enough for the 3 of us..
Congrats on your new Guy and send me pics when you get him. He’s a dandy!

I just read up on the DDR German Shepherd and I'm thinking that's what he is. Do you think it would mention this in the AKC paperwork? I'll find out next week, I reckon.

Kingamb

Kingamb

I just read up on the DDR German Shepherd and I'm thinking that's what he is. Do you think it would mention this in the AKC paperwork? I'll find out next week, I reckon.
It just depends on how far his bloodlines go back on his papers. DDR is still from east Germany… they are just the working lines of the east. Mando is DDR and east show line.. I know this because his parents were imports. My other two shepherds are imports themselves so their papers from Europe show their lines. But they also show on their AKC papers because they are essentially the start of their lines here in the US.
You can transfer ownership with the AKC and they should send you a family tree, or his current owner may already have one when he gives you the papers.
But really the best way to tell is if they have a large bone structure, large heads, barrel shaped chests and huge thick paws. They also have a higher drive and are eager to please… which all shepherds are but them even more so. They are the happiest when working…. Even if their job is only to stay by your side and offer emotional support, if they know that’s their job… then they are 100% happy! They have to be engaged in something or they will get bored and find something to do.😂 So Mando requires more then my other two but that’s what makes him so special. He also listens much better and was easier to train because he wanted to “Work”. Every morning when I put his vest on he knows his job is to stay by my side and watch out for me when everyone else is at work and school. But when they get home and I take his vest off… he is balls to the walls and it’s play time!!!!

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Hopefully someone who knows better will answer this, but I've never flushed.
I stopped flushing years ago and never looked back. But in particular when switching from Veg to Bloom nutes - no. In fact I prefer to keep feeding Veg nutes up till about week 3 or 4 of flower (depending on the strain and flowering time) because most bloom nutes don't have the necessary Nitrogen the plants really need in the first few weeks of flower, especially during "the stretch".

Kingamb

Kingamb

I stopped flushing years ago and never looked back. But in particular when switching from Veg to Bloom nutes - no. In fact I prefer to keep feeding Veg nutes up till about week 3 or 4 of flower (depending on the strain and flowering time) because most bloom nutes don't have the necessary Nitrogen the plants really need in the first few weeks of flower, especially during "the stretch".
Thank you for your insight! I will do as you suggest. When the 3rd week of flowering comes, do I just start tapering the veg nutes and start adding in small amounts of bloom until I fully transition to bloom nutes?
One other question? Do you remove any lower branches or prune at the beginning of flowering? I’ve read conflicting info online.
Thanks so much!

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Thank you for your insight! I will do as you suggest. When the 3rd week of flowering comes, do I just start tapering the veg nutes and start adding in small amounts of bloom until I fully transition to bloom nutes?
One other question? Do you remove any lower branches or prune at the beginning of flowering? I’ve read conflicting info online.
Thanks so much!

Both of those questions, I would say, are a personal choice.. Yes, you could shift from veg to bloom nutes over a few days, or all at once, I don't think it will make a huge difference unless it's a super sensitive strain that requires a certain recipe. For instance my Forbidden Fruit strain, I've found, requires a slightly different recipe than most strains I've ever grown in the past. It likes a little extra K in veg and in flower, than usual.

As far as pruning, again it's up to you. Personally, I prefer to do any and all pruning right at the start of or just before flowering. Once my plants reach week 2 or 3 of flowering I don't prune or even remove any fan leaves.. Some folks like to remove lower branches or bud sites that will not get as much sun, so the plants can focus more on the main colas. Some folks don't. I reckon it's just a matter of personal opinion and what exactly you want to achieve out of your plants. If you're looking for as much biomass as possible and want more quantity of bud over quality, let it go. If you want bigger, tighter and prettier main colas, prune it up.

Kingamb

Kingamb

Both of those questions, I would say, are a personal choice.. Yes, you could shift from veg to bloom nutes over a few days, or all at once, I don't think it will make a huge difference unless it's a super sensitive strain that requires a certain recipe. For instance my Forbidden Fruit strain, I've found, requires a slightly different recipe than most strains I've ever grown in the past. It likes a little extra K in veg and in flower, than usual.

As far as pruning, again it's up to you. Personally, I prefer to do any and all pruning right at the start of or just before flowering. Once my plants reach week 2 or 3 of flowering I don't prune or even remove any fan leaves.. Some folks like to remove lower branches or bud sites that will not get as much sun, so the plants can focus more on the main colas. Some folks don't. I reckon it's just a matter of personal opinion and what exactly you want to achieve out of your plants. If you're looking for as much biomass as possible and want more quantity of bud over quality, let it go. If you want bigger, tighter and prettier main colas, prune it up.
Thank you! I will just leave her alone then. I haven’t done much to her since the beginning and I think she’s done pretty well. It also literally makes me cringe when I Topped her one time about 4 weeks ago, after I found out about topping😂 I paced around with trimmers for half a day before I had the courage to finally do it.😂😂
The same thing happened when I took a few clones off her too!
I started them about 10 days ago and they all have roots now. So when they get bigger and ready I’m going to try topping sooner, LST, and pruning more with a few of them and just experiment to see what what works and what doesn’t. I guess I’m just a little partial to her because she’s my first grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom