Hi! New grower looking to learn

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
aww man zab its just a pet peeve and your methodology can never be characterize any of what you typed earlier as wrong buddy.
this farm is meant to be a groupo effort and we aint so bad it sometimes
now sometimes people take read things out of context and when it comes to me, unless you are trolling giving flat out wrong info ect we wont ever have issues. i love a good debate. so legit my beef is with the internet here, not any of the hommies who rep the farm. more often that not that bad info gets implemented by a well meaning amatuer screweing things up for them.if it worked for you brother it aint wrong also it is hoiw alot of folks roll auttos successfully, its just new people shouldnt be trained away fromuppottjng. imagine a successful first run for a amatuer who went online got that info, decides to switch to regs and still uses 3s for photos and never learns to do it? i think about that all the time..and besides, i dont think i read your comment before i clowned around.
so zab, i call you a team mate bro

Z

Zab

aww man zab its just a pet peeve and your methodology can never be characterize any of what you typed earlier as wrong buddy.
this farm is meant to be a groupo effort and we aint so bad it sometimes
now sometimes people take read things out of context and when it comes to me, unless you are trolling giving flat out wrong info ect we wont ever have issues. i love a good debate. so legit my beef is with the internet here, not any of the hommies who rep the farm. more often that not that bad info gets implemented by a well meaning amatuer screweing things up for them.if it worked for you brother it aint wrong also it is hoiw alot of folks roll auttos successfully, its just new people shouldnt be trained away fromuppottjng. imagine a successful first run for a amatuer who went online got that info, decides to switch to regs and still uses 3s for photos and never learns to do it? i think about that all the time..and besides, i dont think i read your comment before i clowned around.
so zab, i call you a team mate bro
Its all good, I should have just stifled myself, I didn't mean to misdirect, but he is on his way and in good hands 👊.

GregTheAlien

GregTheAlien

I really do wish, the suggestion to plant an auto in a larger pot is terrible info, bc they don’t like to be up potted is madness. Man I’m getting tired of writing this part. But, such a small plant needs to not be over saturated in any medium, roots grow looking for water feed to then spurn the vegetative growth, so if your pot is so big, and the plant is tiny, all that water wash’s right past the root zone. And it just sits at the bottom of the pot, fabric or not, this is an issue, bc the roots won’t penetrate a saturated area of the pot because there is no oxygen. So you feed and feed and feed and before you know it, it’s so water logged down there what little roots are down there die, and rot and can def get things sick. And the new fresh roots head else where. These things spurn critters to. At the same time, can lead to your plant showing sign of needing a feed, but the pot feels like there is plenty. Makes sense? So you as a grower throw more at it. But legit, incremental up potting auto or not. Is way better than not.
You’ll harvest, and pull maybe one 3/4 less root of that big ass pot. Huge waste. Stunted growth, smaller yeild, these things all affect what ends up in your jar.

So is it worth potting um, down, a young seedling? Or do we just continue on in an oversized pot for our autos, learning from misguided advice the hard way?

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So is it worth potting um, down, a young seedling? Or do we just continue on in an oversized pot for our autos, learning from misguided advice the hard way?
I got the same info to start it in the pot it's going to stay in but I'm learning from some great people on here that starting them in something small (Solo cup) and transplanting later is a better option but stick around here you will learn a lot shit I've learned more in the past 2 days then I have in the past 2 weeks. Good luck!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So is it worth potting um, down, a young seedling? Or do we just continue on in an oversized pot for our autos, learning from misguided advice the hard way?l

Only thing Id do, is add more heat. Id try and get the temp up to 80f-82f, lights on, and about 75f, lights off.
Hell yes! Get that fan pointed dead at the pots too. Rotate every 6 hours and it’ll def get him there. Make a card board wind blocker so the plant doesn’t get it ass kicked while it dries, then, me personally I would pot down, but that can be a tough one that a new grower may cause a kink and not see it, ect and regret that. There is always a way to get back on track, it staying on it that can be tricky.
Like JM said, heat mat, get that ambient temp up. Don’t let the rh get to low, may end up with some light damage. Get some direct and hearty airflow on the bags. Don’t forget to spin them periodically.

Addendum

Do not feed until the medium feels like the equivalent of styrofoam before you do. In this case a wilt may occur bc the food is so far away at the bottom of the pot, so until it’s dry, I would use a sprayer to water. And play wet nurse a few times a day to ensure you are mitigating the heat and while keeping you little one from being cooked, as well as keeping it hydrated during this process.

Hit me up in message about how to pot down, I have some stuff I can use to show you in a quick vid possibly.

Last edited:
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Happy 4/20 everyone! What's everyone smoking on this wonderful weed smokers holiday? Since this is my 1st grow I'm smoking some KY Jealous #4 from the dispensary but it's definitely doing the job 👊😎

Screenshot 20240420 122621
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

I'm reading that Basil makes a good companion plant for your girls because it deters bugs and may even increase the terps so since I love to get high and cook so having fresh Basil around would be nice I think I'm going to add a small Basil plant friend for my girl. Thoughts?

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So my plant is 2 weeks old and so far looking pretty happy and so far I have just been giving her water no nutes yet I've been told to start them by some around the 3rd week and by others by the 5 week my brother uses all fox farm products so my soil is a layered mix of Happy Frog on top and Ocean Forest on the bottom and I have these Fox farm nutes but any help on when to add them and how much would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Screenshot 20240420 141334
Top Bottom