High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
@Milson what do I buy for the next round???? Help?

Is what I would buy. I ride hard for ace. Then i would talk to this guy, who I'm gonna be honest is a bit flaky but is in the end a decent dude imo. @jollycanna has grown his stuff. I would also consult with him re: hawaiian gear with thcv potential. Just contact him with what you are trying to do....he's a deal maker. I cannot personally vouch for his gear or anything but that is the best lead i have.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

I just saw this today.

I have no idea if he is legit, but on his website he has some Ethiopian Shashamane. I feel there is high potential here, if they are legit. I am not familiar with most of the other strains on his site, could also be fertile hunting grounds.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@jollycanna has grown his stuff. I would also consult with him re: hawaiian gear with thcv potential. Just contact him with what you are trying to do....he's a deal maker. I cannot personally vouch for his gear or anything but that is the best lead i have.

I have a post early in this thread telling him I'm willing to pay for solid genetics, no response. I guess he doesn't log in often. I'll keep trying.

What I don't understand is what is "mad thcv" to him, and if that is just a feeling, or if he actually knows via testing.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have a post early in this thread telling him I'm willing to pay for solid genetics, no response. I guess he doesn't log in often. I'll keep trying.

What I don't understand is what is "mad thcv" to him, and if that is just a feeling, or if he actually knows via testing.
It's not testing. However, when it comes to what is legit in that space in terms of seed sources, i value his opinion.

Something to dig through. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/the-professor-hawaii-landrace-and-other-crosses.113158/

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Is what I would buy. I ride hard for ace. Then i would talk to this guy, who I'm gonna be honest is a bit flaky but is in the end a decent dude imo. @jollycanna has grown his stuff. I would also consult with him re: hawaiian gear with thcv potential. Just contact him with what you are trying to do....he's a deal maker. I cannot personally vouch for his gear or anything but that is the best lead i have.

Screenshot 20210113 142558

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Kerala
Standout individual plants of this landrace exhibit high potency and will have the characteristic elevating Idukki effect. A recent test reported 17.63% THC (or 14.86% THC, depending on how the result is interpreted). Modest quantities of THCV were present. No CBD was present, as expected for a true South Indian landrace. Mid- to high-teens THC is not unusual for this strain.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Here is part 2, wanted to get this posted tonight in case @Milson was playing with his new kit. I'll get the results posted in the next video, hopefully tonight.

THCV Decarb Testing with Jack the Ripper Part 2

This video series tests the theory that decarb time and temp is a significant variable in overall THCV detection using Thin Layer Chromatography.

Part - 2 Decarb and TLC Setup

Decarb points:
sample 1 = 30min @ 125
sample 2 = sample 1 + 30min @ 135
sample 3 = sample 2 + 15min @ 145
sample 4 = sample 3 + 15min @ 155

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Can you recommend the company? If so, I'll order tonight. Hits all the checkboxes and there are 5 to try, I'll get some of each and start my next tent with all of them and see who wins.
@Kanzeon has grown their gear i believe.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Can you recommend the company? If so, I'll order tonight. Hits all the checkboxes and there are 5 to try, I'll get some of each and start my next tent with all of them and see who wins.
I cannot recommended them, I found them the other day searching for landrace seeds on google.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter

Ace Seeds have solid genetics.
I tried their Malawi, Honduras and Panama, all excellent.
I agree, think their Ethiopian will be the best choice for high THCV.
Besides, you can sent them an email and ask, they always responded my questions, very helpful.
One of the few banks that always shows the results of the analysis.
Not just cannabinoids, also terpenes and flavonoids.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Hey Moe, Milson and everyone else in this thread.

I just want to say that I'm really excited about this thread. Like really excited. Lol.

I have never read any threads on thcv that go this in depth and actually include access to a private "lab" and use some sort of actual science to validate claims. Never mind an OP that is so willing to put up cash, time and resources to test various strains, theories and environmental variables!

I really hope this thread doesn't just die off, like so many others, before we manage to find at least some answers.

Please keep up the great work being done guys.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Just sent an email to Ace Seeds, they are almost neighbours anyway.
And a question.
If THCV is not psychoactive, how come it supposedly is responsable for the trippy effect ?
I can understand a clean, clear, energetic effect but trippy sounds very psychoactive.

Top Bottom